It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Paul filibusters defense bill [NDAA]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Sen. Paul filibusters defense bill [NDAA]

thehill.com< br />

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) is holding up a vote on the Defense Authorization Act until he gets a vote on his amendment affirming the Sixth Amendment of the Constitution and the indefinite detention of Americans.

Paul is seeking an agreement in principle to get a vote on his amendment when the Senate takes up the defense authorization bill that funds and sets the agenda for the U.S. military.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
GO RAND PAUL!!!!

He is holding up the vote over the NDAA.

Until they agree to affirm that american citizens will be given a fair trial, making the NDAA conform to .. you know.. the Constitution. Here is his amendment:

“A citizen of the United States who is captured or arrested in the United States and detained by the Armed Forces of the United States pursuant to the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107–40) shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense,” the amendment states.

I am so glad I voted for him now.

thehill.com< br />
Edit to add, I'm not surprised, but I can't find this in any big media news stream. Of course they are not going to report on this!

edit on 16-11-2012 by pianopraze because: ...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
im glad you're happy.

to me theres nothing this rat can do that will undo the damage he has done.

only reason i care to even look at articles like this is that he has the famous Paul surname

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
If only more people weren't afraid to stand up to this then this wouldve been killed a long time ago. Way to go Rand Paul. Hopefully something comes of it.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'd be interested to see how this shakes out. The last time around, the language was so vague that a lot of the reps who voted for it could pretend (and thus lie to their constitutents) that it said the opposite of what it actually said. So I'd like to see whether they're willing to positively affirm the principles of the 6th Amendment....
edit on 11/16/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
im glad you're happy.

only reason i care to even look at articles like this is that he has the famous Paul surname

What are you talking about?

He fought the original NDAA provision in 2011.

Are you really truly ignorant or do you just make things up for fun?

Exactly what damage did he do that he is trying to undo?
edit on 16-11-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

im glad you're happy.

it doesn't matter who's doing it.

anyone will do.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

What are you going on about?
edit on Fri, 16 Nov 2012 20:48:40 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

perhaps its this?

about the ciritcal republicans who didnt show up at the Benghazi hearing.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), another Homeland Security committee member who was on television complaining about the lack of Benghazi information, also did not show up for the Wednesday hearing. Paul did a CNN interview from the Capitol building Wednesday in which said he had questions about the anti-Islam video, the lack of Marines in Libya, and diplomatic security. At one point he says, "I don't know enough of the details."

edit on 11/16/2012 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

www.dailykos.com...#
edit on 11/16/2012 by homeskillet because: added source

edit on 11/16/2012 by homeskillet because: irrelevant info that adds nothing to the thread

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

One thing I don't get, why should it matter where they are "captured"? An american should have those rights, whether captured in colorado or cambodia.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by homeskillet

I'd rather him be fighting the NDAA personally.

If they remove Obama they will just put another puppet in.

THis is something he can actually stop.

You have to pick your battles carefully...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

What does that have to do with NDAA? Can they not get a transcript of what was stated in the hearing anyways?
edit on Fri, 16 Nov 2012 20:54:52 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

What does that have to do with NDAA? Can they not get a transcript of what was stated in the hearing anyways?
edit on Fri, 16 Nov 2012 20:54:52 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

i don't really know. i was just speculating on what jazzguy could be mad about.

like i said above, i don't care who does it. as long as its dumped then it's a good thing.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Oh, OK. I thought maybe you heard it from the dude in another thread or something.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeskillet
reply to post by TKDRL

perhaps its this?

about the ciritcal republicans who didnt show up at the Benghazi hearing.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), another Homeland Security committee member who was on television complaining about the lack of Benghazi information, also did not show up for the Wednesday hearing. Paul did a CNN interview from the Capitol building Wednesday in which said he had questions about the anti-Islam video, the lack of Marines in Libya, and diplomatic security. At one point he says, "I don't know enough of the details."

You posted that, and didn't provide a source. Good thing I found it ....and now I will post the last part of the article, which you have failed to disclose.

Paul spokeswoman Moira Bagley tells The Cable: "Sen. Paul didn't need to attend yet another Administration press conference disguised as a classified briefing to know there should have been Marines defending our personnel in Libya, to hear the Administration make the same excuses in private they will make in public. Sen. Paul is focused on demanding answers, demanding those who made these fatal mistake be fired, and fixing the mess this Administration has made. All of that needs to be done in public, for Americans to see and hear."

thecable.foreignpolicy.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

jeez settle down. im not attacking the senator. i was only SPECULATING what JAZZGUY may have been getting his undies in a bunch over.

www.dailykos.com...#

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think the apple fell pretty far from the tree in Rand's case, but at least he is still an apple.

More power to him....

This is a VERY important issue...and a VERY important stand he is taking.

Like his father I hope his actions draw attention to the predicament we are in here in the US.
The constitution is the LAW....I hope he can shed some light with his efforts

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
damn double post...oh well

GO Rand GO

...the enemy of my enemy is my friend

edit on 16-11-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

im glad you're happy.

You better get over him endorsing Romney instead of his dad because he is the last Paul in Washington and the closest thing to a conscience since his dad left. Rand must now fulfill his fathers shoes or else ALL hope is truly lost. Time to forgive.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Not only that but he also fought against the reauthorization of the Patriot Act and he was part of that small minority that said NO while the majority of the clueless and corrupt politicians said YES.

Sen. Rand Paul Speaks on PATRIOT ACT

<<   2  3  4 >>

join