It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops: Man plotted attack during 'Twilight' movie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

BOLIVAR, Mo. — A southwest Missouri man accused of plotting to shoot up a movie theater during the new "Twilight" film was charged Friday after his mother contacted police, telling them she worried her son had purchased weapons similar to those used during the fatal Colorado theater shooting.

funny, pretty much full confession as well as an admittance to the kind of people that shouldn't own guns and he didn't even do anything. time to start pushing for regulation of online sales of ammo, how much ammo a person can have, and an AWB again isn't it?
news.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
They have to just try and keep demonizing gun owners so they can try and take away all the guns and sale of guns. Cuz with no guns then if the SHTF the PTB can come in and imposse martial law much faster and easier and enslave everyone, and send them to concentration camps.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

TPTB have bigger better guns and more folk to use em good luck fighting them

Back to the OP yes I agree why do you need 1000's of rounds?
I think it was Chris rock who said "just make bullets a 100 bucks each then we will see less gun crime"

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

a box of .22 LR ammunition comes in packs of 300 and 500 for around ~$15 ~$20. it is mainly used for plinking and hunting small game. i can easily go through a box in a day of target practice, and even more if i'm using a larger rifle with a larger magazine. with my .22s 10 round magazine 300 rounds will last me 30 reloads and i have to say i enjoy sitting and shooting more than that considering a magazine will only last a minute or two if i'm really focusing on what i'm doing. Stop talking about firearms in the way of taking life and start thinking about them as a defensive tool or a hobby 100 million americans enjoy.

As for more people, there are not more people who will fight on the side of the government than against and is completely beside the point. Also as for bigger guns, hardly. sure they have tanks but for actual guns we have access to anything they do (more or less) except in semi-automatic.
edit on 16-11-2012 by j230ns because: add more

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Good God... That's under an hour away from where I live and my wife and kid are going to see that movie. Different town, which almost stopped my poor heart until I saw it WAS Bolivar for the theater too and not the very same theater they plan to be in.

All I have to say is that I know of the Polk County Sheriff by peripheral contact and this guy will get himself thrown under the jail up here. There absolutely won't be any need to worry about him having too many comforts if they hold him in the county there, which I imagine they'll insure they make room for if need be.

That's downright scary. There but for the grace....... I'll just stop my comments there... Some here know me and I have to live here. (sigh of relief...at least they got this one)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I buy ammo in bulk. I have a few thousand rounds for my AR, a couple hundred for my AK and I just picked up 500 rounds for my 9mms. It's cheaper. I certainly have no intentions of going on some crazed shooting spree, I can buy ammo when I go to the gun range, but they sell it in 50 rd. (or less) boxes and it winds up costing quite a bit more. OK I'm going to run to my car and show you what a box of 500 rounds looks like. I need to grab my pup his food anyway.

M'Kay it's actually 1k rounds. Also heavy. And here we have a picture with a sexy Sig.

That's 1k rounds. It sounds like a big number but I can shoot that easily in a day at the range. Especially when I bring the .22s.

Now gun haters need to admit that Sig is pretty. RAWR.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I stand corrected then

Darn the pew pew in me wants to move to the states and shoot guns

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Well my friend if you ever come near Seattle it would be an honor to host you for a few days. Pew pew is really fun. Or I could take you to the Space Needle but you have to hold my hand. I hate heights. Gimme second and ill show you what happens when two Sigs have a baby.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Thanks dude I may take you up on that one day

Oh and get the baby sig up

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well Thank God for his Mom, who it sounds like wasn't a great parent, but who cared enough to keep other people safe. Most parents would never admit that their child showed a propensity towards something like this.

She saved lives.

In the article, he said something to the effect that he had "a lot in common," with people who commit these sorts of crimes. Is he referring to mental illness, or what?

I have been there and done this with people who say he could get guns many ways, but, if they weren't available, would he have done this crime with a knife? Clearly, with guns, his intention was to take out as many people as fast as he could.

Oh, boy, I can hear the "if everyone could conceal and carry," blah, blah, blah. He would have been taken out right away..........

Commence slamming me!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

his "a lot in common" comment was about his self stated "was quiet, kind of a loner, had recently purchased firearms and didn't tell anybody about it, and had homicidal thoughts."

i'd prefer nobody go bashing in this thread on either side. his mother helped out a lot of people and for that she should be commended. unfortunately i don't think crimestoppers pays from crimes that weren't actually committed. All i really have to say is it was going to yet again, as always, be in a "gun free zone"

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by j230ns

i'd prefer nobody go bashing in this thread on either side. his mother helped out a lot of people and for that she should be commended. unfortunately i don't think crimestoppers pays from crimes that weren't actually committed. All i really have to say is it was going to yet again, as always, be in a "gun free zone"

Thank you. I do believe we don't pay close enough attention these days, to our children, spouses, co-workers, school mates, etc....

I have no right to say so, being here as much as I am, but people are so self absorbed in themselves, that they give no notice to somebody who is just a lonesome dude.

People need to get their faces out of electronics a little more, and pay attention to those around them.

As for crimestoppers? Makes me wonder with the people getting arrested for making death threats to the President. Every life is important if somebody threatens another. Or, multiple people.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

yeah, if someone says i'm going to come back and kill you with a baseball bat and they don't come back nothing happens to them. if they come back with a baseball bat and walk towards you the police can intervene or you can end the threat yourself. (in most states in the states that is)

if someone says they are going to kill the president they get arrested and sent to prison.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
They have to just try and keep demonizing gun owners so they can try and take away all the guns and sale of guns. Cuz with no guns then if the SHTF the PTB can come in and imposse martial law much faster and easier and enslave everyone, and send them to concentration camps.

I see it as s sign of a mentality that is basically saying to itself, "Hey, look at all the crazy whack jobs with their legally obtained and legally permitted personal arsenal going off and killing random folk. We must be under attack for our guns and rights!"

instead of seeing that there are a lot of mentally ill people who think the craziest things; that squirrel had a transceiver on it. It went up that tree. That man was there yesterday near that tree.. He's CIA.. I better arm myself. That lady looks suspicious. Using kids with balloons as a decoy. I'll show them.... etc.etc

Instead of admit that people like that exist, they instantly assume "Why that man was set up. He has no history of shooting people before and I saw an actor once so it's a setup by the government to take my guns away! Over my dead body !! *arms self to teeth, hysterically storms into walmart*"

And I get it.. I'm just observing it and that's how I see it.

Like the Seinfeld bit

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

well you see i fully admit that there are people out there like that. i also know that the government likes to create scenarios and stories that never happened or they stopped from happening to be the hero. they have also done things on our own soil and blamed it on others, and done horrible experiments on people only to issue an "apology" years later. It is also known that they go after firearms frequently.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

OK. Baby Sig is circled in red. Her Mom is the 9mm to her right, and Dad is the .45. Then we have the Glock family. The 26 is the baby, the 19 (is having her slide soaked) and the 17 is patrolling with the surefire.

They are cuddly.

edit on 16-11-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by r2d246

I think it was Chris rock who said "just make bullets a 100 bucks each then we will see less gun crime"

I have 800 rounds of ammo in my underwear drawer, lol.

I think the question is more likely: If you own a gun, why wouldn't you need 1000's of rounds?

... Why the heck does a family of four need so many plates and forks and spoons? You don't have 4 of each? It's all you really need, after all.

Better yet, why the heck do you have so many pairs of socks and underwear? you are only ONE person!

Get a grip, you must be some crazed clothes maniac!!!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

reply to post by r2d246

To a large degree the afgans fought off the you-es army with hardly any weapons. And they completely fought off the soviets. That's a small population with limited weapons. compare that to the you-es where 3 million guns are bought every month. Tens of millions of armed people easily pose a gigantic threat to TPTB

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatAreThey

reply to post by r2d246

I have 800 rounds of ammo in my underwear drawer, lol.

I think the question is more likely: If you own a gun, why wouldn't you need 1000's of rounds?

... Why the heck does a family of four need so many plates and forks and spoons? You don't have 4 of each? It's all you really need, after all.

Better yet, why the heck do you have so many pairs of socks and underwear? you are only ONE person!

Get a grip, you must be some crazed clothes maniac!!!!!

I agree, get all you can while you can so you're not powerless later on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join