It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is Crazy-Animatronics Have Come So Far

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

The advances in animatronics are mind blowing to me. I had been wondering how the CG content in Prometheus was so well done, and then I see this. WOW.

I know this gets said all the time, but imagine what the military is capable of at this point. The baby seal, I would have guessed it was trained. I don't think I would have questioned the Gorilla if I wasn't looking for it. Some of the faces are astounding. The baby creeped me out beyond words, and the squirrel cut away was a little disconcerting as well. Actually a lot of this was disconcerting.

For those of you without YouTube capability, sorry, I can't really describe the video. It's a ton of animatronic (am I spelling this wrong?) stuff that is really mind blowing.

Hope you guys enjoy the video as much as I did. I've watched it five times today. Should have posted it earlier.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Awesome!

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Nice find!

So, is that squirrel on the branch outside your bedroom window really a squirrel or could it be something else entirely. As far as you are aware it is only active for a short time each day. After you are asleep does it run down to a special house for a recharge.

Perhaps cute puppies could be the IED of the future.

Can you truly believe what you see any more.

Thought provoking!

P

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Man, if they can do this publicly now, just imagine what they've got in secret! How do we know they haven't got puppets in places of power!!!

But
that was great. Ahh but still, something with animatronics is the eyes always fail it. They're a lot better, a lot by miles, than they used to be, but still, the eyes seem lazy, most of the things in that vid with eyes had that one fundamental flaw.

mind you the head contorting was pretty neato
the eyes had the right action there, but there is still no 'soul'..

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
There's a little theater up in Pennsylvania who has done some amazing things with animatronics!

They use a lot of live animals in their shows and use animatronics for the more 'dangerous' animals.

You should check them out, it's pretty amazing, especially in person!!

www.sight-sound.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Could this explain Nancy Pelosi?

Nice video, that head in Prometheus freaked me out when I saw the movie. I would love to have that little frog or the seal though.

edit on 16-11-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I didn't even realise that they bothered to make models any more, thought it was all cgi.
I wonder how much it costs to build something like that Baby Seal compared to hiring an animator

More or less nothing in movies is as it seems, even the most mundane

edit on 17-11-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Very Cool. I always thought the big aliens in "Hitchhiker" were people in suits and makeup.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Very Cool. I always thought the big aliens in "Hitchhiker" were people in suits and makeup.

Yeah the vogons.. but they were not as good as the originals I rekon.. sure they were far better puppets, but I liked the attitude of the old vogons more.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Excellent share, thanks.
When CGI became popular the saying it popularized was, 'it's hard to tell what is CGI and what is real anymore.'

Now with this demonstration I find myself saying, 'wow it's hard to tell what is animatronics and what's CGI anymore.'

Incredible work and detail in those things, how do they keep the costs down to machine all those parts as compared to CAD modeling?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
WOW! Amazing, and stupendous.If they can do that much with animatronics what have they got in the Dark projects.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Or Nancy Grace?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Or Nancy Grace? The plot thickens!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
That shi cray......

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
What if "they" were to show you a terror/alien attack that never actually happened. What if "they" blew something up that resulted in a few thousand casualties and then showed you some CGI/Animatronics to explain what "happened"?
edit on 11/17/2012 by Allegorical because: Quotation Marks

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Wow I honestly thought that most of that stuff was CGI, even near the end when you see the finished product it still looked CGI I didn't realize that they used puppets anymore...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Man, if they can do this publicly now, just imagine what they've got in secret! How do we know they haven't got puppets in places of power!!!

How indeed? Very few actual animatronics in this video, but they're thinking along the same lines. Plus it's a cool tune.

We need to start setting up mirrors behind the podiums!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Wow!!! Awesome! Thanks.... It's rumored that they used androids during Obama and Romney's 1st debate. At first I thought bs, but after seeing the video, I'm pretty sure the millitary has robots that are mind blowing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join