It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hydrogen, Oxygen and Carbon - Breath and Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I haven't posted in this forum for some time now. I came across this and thought it might be interesting to bounce around for a while. I'm reading a book called God-Man by George Carey. Here is the link: BOOK

As you read, keep in mind this little factoid I found along the way. Carbon has 6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons and is the mark of mankind (Life). Nitrogen has 777 and Oxygen 888. Do some research on these two numbers in relation to God's number and Christ's number. Hydrogen has one proton and one electron in a balanced state of positive and negative. From the starting point of equilibrium, hydrogenesis starts the river of life by the water. Relate this to baptism and immersion into the rivers of life. If you get what I am saying by this, read the book excerpt below. It's interesting to ponder.

"THE ETERNITY OF PERFECTION

A CHILD brought to its mother a piece of ice and
asked: "What is this?"

The mother answered, "it is ice."

Again the child asked, "What is there in ice?"

The mother answered: "There is water in the ice."

The child desired to find the water in the ice, and it
procured a hammer, pounded the piece of ice into little
bits and the warm air soon changed all the ice to water.
The child was grievously disappointed, for the ice that
the child supposed contained water had disappeared.

And the child said, "Where is the ice that contained
this water?"

And so it came to pass that the mother was compelled,
by the child's persistent questions, to say, "ice is all water;
there is no such thing as ice; that which we call ice is
crystalized or frozen water."

The child understood.

A student brought to his teacher some water and asked,
"What is water ? What does it contain ?"

The teacher answered, "Water contains oxygen and
hydrogen," and then explained how the two gases might
be separated and set free by heat.

The student boiled the water until all of the molecules
of oxygen and hydrogen had been set free, but he was
surprised to find that all of the water had disappeared.

Then the student asked of the teacher, "Where is the
water that held the gases that have escaped?"

Then was the teacher compelled by the student's per-
sistent questions to answer, "Water itself is the product
of oxygen and hydrogen. Water does not contain any-
thing other than these gases. In reality, there is no such
substances or fluid as water; that which we name water
is a rate of motion set in operation by the union of two

[23]

God-Man: The Word Made Flesh

parts of hydrogen with one part of oxygen and, of course,
the phenomenon disappears when the union of the gases
is broken."

The student understood.

A devout scientist presented himself before God and
said, "Lord, what are these gases men call oxygen and
hydrogen?"

The good Lord answered and said, "They are mole-
cules in the blood and body of the universe."

Then spake the scientist, "Lord, wilt thou tell me of
the kind of molecules that compose Thy blood and body?"

The Lord replied, "These same molecules, gases or
principles, compose my blood and body; for I and the
universe are one and the same."

Once again the scientist said, "My Lord, may I ask,
then, what is spirit and what is matter?"

And thus answered the Lord :

"As ice and water are one, and the gases and water are
one, so is spirit and matter one. The different phases
and manifestations cognized by man in the molecules of
My body that is, the universe are caused by the Word ;
thus, they are My thoughts clothed with form."

Now the scientist felt bold, being redeemed from fear,
and asked "is my blood, then, identical with Thy blood
in composition and Divine Essence?"

And the Lord said, "Yea, thou art one with the
Father." ^

The scientist now understood and said:

"Now mine eyes are opened and I perceive that, when
I eat, I partake of Thy body; when I drink, I drink of
Thy blood; and when I breathe, I breathe Thy spirit."

So-called matter is Pure Intelligence and nothing else
because there is not anything else. "

edit on 16-11-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

What's interesting about this quote you've written about is that it is able to encompass all religious ideas of creation and reality into one. I'm a buddhist myself, but am well versed when it comes to Christianity and Islam as well. I've come to find, that the ideas remain essentially the same as to what reality is but is explained differently. So differently in fact that it's considered common knowledge that buddhism has no God. And on the surface this is correct. However, it does believe in a divine or supreme governing force that always was, and always will be. And that everything eminates from this oneness.

It's quite interesting that religions can be so EXTREMELY different, yet essentially the same.

This quote is truth in it's purest form.
edit on 11/16/1212 by foodstamp because: typo

edit on 11/16/1212 by foodstamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp

What's interesting about this quote you've written about is that it is able to encompass all religious ideas of creation and reality into one. I'm a buddhist myself, but am well versed when it comes to Christianity and Islam as well. I've come to find, that the ideas remain essentially the same as to what reality is but is explained differently. So differently in fact that it's considered common knowledge that buddhism has no God. And on the surface this is correct. However, it does believe in a divine or supreme governing force that always was, and always will be. And that everything eminates from this oneness.

It's quite interesting that religions can be so EXTREMELY different, yet essentially the same.

This quote is truth in it's purest form.
edit on 11/16/1212 by foodstamp because: typo

edit on 11/16/1212 by foodstamp because: (no reason given)

I value Buddhism as well. I would like to show you a higher truth. It is obvious when you consider it carefully.

Jesus revealed the truth of Buddha in this verse:

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Buddha had the WAY with right thinking and mindfulness centered by equanimity. Philosophy has the TRUTH of Virtue and natural law. Only Christ showed us the LIFE. This is what Buddha missed. Suffering is not to be eliminated. It is to be embraced.

If you smoke, you get cancer. This is suffering as a result of debt and taking reward. On the other hand, Buddha said you can walk away from suffering and find Nirvana. You can, but what is the problem with this as compared to God's will to give and receive? It's selfish. Is there an alternative?

If you smoke and get cancer, you have taken a reward. If you reverse this, you suffer first to gain reward. If you work out in a gym, you get more health. If you suffer work and toil for family, you raise your children well and they gain the reward as well. The key to reward that lasts is suffering forward as a cause instead of as a result.

Proverbs 11:18

The wicked man earns deceptive wages, but he who sows righteousness reaps a sure reward.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

So you say suffer to get the reward, which is the reverse of reward with the consequence of suffering?

Nothing can be further from the truth, The Buddha was right, suffering is not needed, and The Buddha was not selfish at all, he taught people to be "detached" from their "material goods" and to wish Peace for ALL beings, and to act through compassion....

Compassion was one of his main teachings, that was one of the main reasons he actually taught people the way to ending suffering, and the ONLY reason he actually wanted to know HOW to end suffering.

Remember, he was a prince, if he was so selfish he could have said "Screw the world" and continue living in his happy palace.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

So you say suffer to get the reward, which is the reverse of reward with the consequence of suffering?

Nothing can be further from the truth, The Buddha was right, suffering is not needed, and The Buddha was not selfish at all, he taught people to be "detached" from their "material goods" and to wish Peace for ALL beings, and to act through compassion....

Compassion was one of his main teachings, that was one of the main reasons he actually taught people the way to ending suffering, and the ONLY reason he actually wanted to know HOW to end suffering.

Remember, he was a prince, if he was so selfish he could have said "Screw the world" and continue living in his happy palace.

Do you mean he wasn't selfish when he left his wife, family and sat under a tree instead? As a Prince, he could have left and taken his wife Yasodhara with him. He could have provided a household. He could have stayed, inherited his wealth and given it all away. He selected to walk away and serve his own interests.

edit on 17-11-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Jesus also left everyone to go on a spiritual journey - except he went for 40 days, remember?

He needed to reclaim his spiritual connection so that he can have wisdom. It was sacrifice, he knew how sad they would be but the quest to go out and find a way to stop all suffering for the WORLD is important - as that would also include the suffering of his wife and son once he found the answer.

By the way, if you actually read the story of Buddha, it says that as his father was dying, he was sad that his son "Buddha' would not be there to inherit the kingdom, so what did Buddha do? He said "I am still your son" and he promised to be in the kingdom later on in life and this gave his father peace - but of course we know the Buddha died before then...

I am not about to sit here and have a human argument about which "leader" is "better"...

They both had great teachings that can help people in their lives, so why argue? Or why try to devalue one or the other?

I believe "Unity" treating all as family (brother/ sister) is more spiritual than trying to separate between and trying to place judgment of "higher" and "lower", if they taught compassion for others then they follow the law of "Do unto others".... so there is no reason to devalue someone....
edit on 17-11-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I don't think he was really trying to Devalue the Buddha. Although it may have come acrossed that way a little bit.
I think he's trying to find a difference between the two but I would have to disagree. Again, the goal is the same.

If you don't follow the commandments and succumb to material matters. You will suffer.
The budhha taught how to remove yourself from suffering. But the things that caused suffering were the same things Christians would find to be sinful. So there's no difference really. Except one uses a God to justify his teachings while another teaches that you are responsible for your own destiny.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I understand that Jesus may have said you have to suffer to receive your reward. However it's no different then removing yourself from your worldly pleasures to stop suffering. Because removing yourself is VERY painful. But there IS a reward. No more suffering..

AGain, it's both one in the same.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Do you mean he wasn't selfish when he left his wife, family and sat under a tree instead? As a Prince, he could have left and taken his wife Yasodhara with him. He could have provided a household. He could have stayed, inherited his wealth and given it all away. He selected to walk away and serve his own interests.

Clearly he was serving mankind. This should go without argument..

Your argument would be like me saying that Jesus died on the cross for his own big ego. Come on bud. Let's not reduce these wonderfull people to that!
edit on 11/17/1212 by foodstamp because: Insertion

For the record. Yasodhara did remain within the kingdom, rich beyond measure and well cared for. Why would he subject his family to poverty and starvation?
edit on 11/17/1212 by foodstamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp

Clearly he was serving mankind. This should go without argument..

Your argument would be like me saying that Jesus died on the cross for his own big ego. Come on bud. Let's not reduce these wonderfull people to that!
edit on 11/17/1212 by foodstamp because: Insertion

For the record. Yasodhara did remain within the kingdom, rich beyond measure and well cared for. Why would he subject his family to poverty and starvation?
edit on 11/17/1212 by foodstamp because: (no reason given)

Giving and receiving is God's will, clearly demonstrated. All gifts must first be earned. Suffering is required or there would be no necessity for Christ on the cross. It's the example of life. Buddha had the Way, philosophy hints at the Virtue, but only Christ has the Life. The centerpiece of truth is suffering and the direction we move it.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Just throwing this out there. Jesus Christ came to the planet to be a way-shower for all people and all religions. He lived his life with great passion and dedication to this word LOVE, so that each of us might have a role model to compare ourselves to. This is why he said, I AM the truth, I AM the way, and I AM the life, no man can come to God but through me. If you replace I AM and ME with LOVE IS ... you get ...
LOVE IS THE TRUTH
LOVE IS THE WAY
AND LOVE IS THE LIFE
NO ONE COMES UNTO GOD UNLESS THEY KNOW HOW TO LOVE

Because he often spoke in parables it would be wise to interpret this verse in light of the other teachings of Jesus. Jesus came to show the way to heaven and that way is God - the light that is love. Nobody can come to God except through the way shown by Jesus - a life lived in unconditional love for everyone. Jesus is certainly not saying that worshipping him will get you to heaven. That would be contrary to all his teachings in the gospels! It is obvious that Jesus came as the light to show humans the way to eternal life. The way to eternal life is through loving others and God.

The different religions just have different ways of explaining the same Creator.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5

Just throwing this out there. Jesus Christ came to the planet to be a way-shower for all people and all religions. He lived his life with great passion and dedication to this word LOVE, so that each of us might have a role model to compare ourselves to. This is why he said, I AM the truth, I AM the way, and I AM the life, no man can come to God but through me. If you replace I AM and ME with LOVE IS ... you get ...
LOVE IS THE TRUTH
LOVE IS THE WAY
AND LOVE IS THE LIFE
NO ONE COMES UNTO GOD UNLESS THEY KNOW HOW TO LOVE

Because he often spoke in parables it would be wise to interpret this verse in light of the other teachings of Jesus. Jesus came to show the way to heaven and that way is God - the light that is love. Nobody can come to God except through the way shown by Jesus - a life lived in unconditional love for everyone. Jesus is certainly not saying that worshipping him will get you to heaven. That would be contrary to all his teachings in the gospels! It is obvious that Jesus came as the light to show humans the way to eternal life. The way to eternal life is through loving others and God.

The different religions just have different ways of explaining the same Creator.

I agree. When Nimrod and Babylon were cut, the same partial mystery was then spread around the world under different names. Nimrod became Osiris being cut. All religions are cut from the same loaf. Reincarnation is the same as you must be born again. Karma is the same as sin. The languages were cut and so was our ability to realize the mystery before God prepared us. All things will be revealed in the next 1000 years and the veil will be lifted as the full mystery in Ephesians 3 is presented to us.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Giving and receiving is God's will, clearly demonstrated. All gifts must first be earned. Suffering is required or there would be no necessity for Christ on the cross. It's the example of life.

So Buddha didn't suffer enough giving up his perfect life at the kingdom to be smacked in the face by reality? He didn't suffer enough to not bring any of his money and live like a bum to experience the pain others felt? He didn't suffer enough forcing himself to go for long lengths of time without food or water to experience the pain of others?

He didn't suffer himself by forcing himself to meditate for a long period of time forcing himself to not move until he came up with the answer?

And what "gift" did The Buddha receive from all of this? Absolutely nothing, just something to help OTHERS. So the gift wasn't even for him because he already wasn't suffering it was really a gift for the world - not him. So he was always of service.

In other words, he lived "The Life" as you described it here.
edit on 18-11-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Giving and receiving is God's will, clearly demonstrated. All gifts must first be earned. Suffering is required or there would be no necessity for Christ on the cross. It's the example of life.

So Buddha didn't suffer enough giving up his perfect life at the kingdom to be smacked in the face by reality? He didn't suffer enough to not bring any of his money and live like a bum to experience the pain others felt? He didn't suffer enough forcing himself to go for long lengths of time without food or water to experience the pain of others?

He didn't suffer himself by forcing himself to meditate for a long period of time forcing himself to not move until he came up with the answer?

And what "gift" did The Buddha receive from all of this? Absolutely nothing, just something to help OTHERS. So the gift wasn't even for him because he already wasn't suffering it was really a gift for the world - not him. So he was always of service.

In other words, he lived "The Life" as you described it here.

I never suggested that Buddha didn't help others. No life is without value. He demonstrated the truth for us by reflection. Suffering cannot be eliminated. It is the point.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Suffering cannot be eliminated.

What do you think the kingdom of heaven is? In heaven they are under the law (sharing with others / loving) so there is no suffering.

Earth is ALREADY heaven, it is US who turned it into hell by falling from grace (following the law)...

"But the kingdom of the Father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it" - Jesus

new topics

top topics

join