It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother: Daughter unarmed when Utah police shot her

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Unarmed woman shot in the head [/url]Kennedy traveled from Vancouver, Wash., to meet with detectives who are investigating the Friday shooting that killed her daughter, Danielle Willard. Kennedy said police have told her so far that her 21-year-old daughter was unarmed at the time of the shooting, and that the fatal bullet entered through the top of her head. Kennedy, who saw her daughter’s body, said it also looked as if another bullet had grazed her chin.

edit on 11/16/2012 by lspilot6946 because: Wanted to change the title to get more attention.

edit on 11/16/2012 by lspilot6946 because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Fixed formatting
edit on 16-11-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Mods I'm sorry if anything about this story has been posted before. I searched both on here and google and couldnt find anything relating to this.

Here is another example of cops pulling the trigger and killing a beautiful I'm sure Innocent woman. There is no justification in this incident, especially when the police admit she wasn't armed. I know, I know I wasn't there to see what happened, but like I said there is no reason for an unarmed person to be shot in the head. Regardless if she was on drugs or not this isnt right. Justice will not be served as with most police brutality and murders. They will walk free. What a shame.

Here is the Justice for Danielle Willard Facebook page.

www.facebook.com...

[url=http://westvalley.fox13now.com/news/news/78101-wvcpd-releases-press-release-regarding-fatal-officer-involved-shooting]westvalley.fox13now.com[/ur l]
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11/16/2012 by lspilot6946 because: added something

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Fixing link in OP..

WVCPD releases press release regarding fatal officer-involved shooting

..and adding a couple more just for the heck of it..
About this ad Shooting victim battled drugs; Many questions unanswered by police

Neighbors react to woman killed in West Valley City

Unless some witnesses or video comes out the cops and whoever else was involved seem to be the only ones that know what happened. Until they start talking, we don't really know how it went down.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Here is another I found of a interview with her mom.

fox13now.com...

Here is another as well.

www.sltrib.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I'm confused here, since when does "to protect and serve" involve shooting people in the head?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Depends on the situation, if a crackhead is coming at me with a crowbar, I'd say a shot to the head counts as serving and protecting.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainpudding

Depends on the situation, if a crackhead is coming at me with a crowbar, I'd say a shot to the head counts as serving and protecting.

Erm, no, that's murder mate and a bullet to the arm or leg would prob be enough to put them down.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Not how it works. They shoot for centre mass. Not saying I agree or disagree but that's policy as far as I know in every police dept if they have to fire a weapon.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

If you're in a life or death situation only an idiot would attempt to disable instead of shoot to kill. A shot to the arm or leg has a moderate chance of actually disabling someone since either are small, and in almost all cases, a moving target. In most situations it's also not just one on one so a shot to the arm or leg has a high probability of missing/ricocheting and hitting someone else which is why you aim for the torso. In almost all cases if killing isn't an option then you shouldn't be using a gun to begin with.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This is why I dont play with cops. It used to be a stigma among minorities, but it is effecting everyone now.
When I get pulled over, which hasnt happened in years, I turn my vehicle off roll down window and stick both hands out the window with keys in hand and wait.
Im not trying to get shot by some pompus trigger happy prick who was picked on as a child, who has the authority of a badge to do what they want under the radar of the law.
where are the dashboard cams on this one?

Reminds me of another story knocks on wrong dorr without identifying himself killing owner:
www.policemisconduct.net...

As Ron Paul says they have no right, like a stranger has no right to exercize this level of force against citizens.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789

Not how it works. They shoot for centre mass. Not saying I agree or disagree but that's policy as far as I know in every police dept if they have to fire a weapon.

I get that but still, this was a young woman, head shot seems a tad harsh.

In almost all cases if killing isn't an option then you shouldn't be using a gun to begin with.

There's the issue right there

reply to post by Quailar

This'll make ya really angry

I remember a thread on here about a lot of vets being recruiting into the police which to me, seems to have caused a lot of problems. Big difference between being a cop and a soldier, citizens are not the enemy.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
A good cop will appraoch your car and tell you "the reason I stopped you is..." a bad cop will say "drivers and registration please, do you know why I stopped you?"
Its the difference between serving humbly and Im the boss with a badge.
Why do I say this? the good cop comes right out so there is no misunderstanding and calms the anxiety of the driver.
The bad cop could care less and he just wishes youd make a sudden move. Well if you dont know why you were stopped, even if your innocent, anything can go wrong. If your guilty of something else you now have a shootout over a taillight.
I have been stopped in some pretty aggresive manors for a tailight and traffic tickets.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by GAOTU789

I get that but still, this was a young woman, head shot seems a tad harsh.

In almost all cases if killing isn't an option then you shouldn't be using a gun to begin with.

There's the issue right there

reply to post by Quailar

This'll make ya really angry

I remember a thread on here about a lot of vets being recruiting into the police which to me, seems to have caused a lot of problems. Big difference between being a cop and a soldier, citizens are not the enemy.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)
Great video...it really does piss you off.

top topics

join