It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Quickly We Forget...All Sure Is Quiet On the SANDY front?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Sandy volunteer: It's worse than Katrina

WEEHAWKEN, N.J. (WWLP) - Sandy relief efforts continue in the Tri State area, where thousands are still without power and many more are homeless.

www.wwlp.com...

Where have all the news reports gone about the remaining problems and lack of F.E.M.A. response to this Major catastrophic happening?

“This is probably my 15th deployment,” Bill Pruyne of East Longmeadow said. “I started with Katrina and that was quite an experience to start with, and I think this is worse than Katrina. It's much more land mass involved, and many more people involved, and the Red Cross is going to be out here for quite a while helping these people."

Superstorm Sandy: FEMA Reportedly Failing To Find Temporary Housing For Storm Victims (VIDEO)
www.huffingtonpost.com...

And where has this great president been since he won the election? Maybe I missed it....no votes to worry about anymore...just damage control?

November 16, 2012 Obama seeks to avoid Katrina comparison with Sandy response By Jeff Bliss and Mike Dorning The Washington Post

www.cleburnetimesreview.com...

NEW YORK — President Barack Obama on Thursday promised residents of New York and New Jersey hit by superstorm Sandy that they will get a coordinated federal, state and local effort to rebuild their devastated neighborhoods.

Sure seems like similarities with Katrina exist in the Federal handling of this.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I am no fan of the government, but those people had a week's notice. Many did nothing to prepare themselves. How about a little personal responsibility?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
I am no fan of the government, but those people had a week's notice. Many did nothing to prepare themselves. How about a little personal responsibility?

Where were they supposed to go? And Katrina people had plenty of warning too. That is why FEMA exist.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211

Where were they supposed to go? And Katrina people had plenty of warning too. That is why FEMA exist.

Most of them don't need to "go" anywhere. Why didn't they have food, water, fuel, medicines, and other needs stockpiled with over a week's notice? FEMA already suggests having a minimum of 3 days supplies, but why not have more? I keep 90 days of food, though only a week's worth of water under normal circumstances. Water isn't a serious issue for me though. I have a well and so does my neighbor. Powering the pump is simplicity once the storm has passed. That is what solar panels/batteries and generators are for. Lack of prior preparation on your part does not make an emergency on my part. Hopefully the grasshoppers will learn from this, but given the results of the recent elections I seriously doubt it.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Because is wasn't that big of a storm. Not even a hurricane when it came ashore. Not the "super storm" as the combination of storms never happened. Just some flooding that happened around a media center.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Still harping about Sandy?
That is so last month's news.
Didn't you know Petraeus is involved in a sex scandal?
Not only but they kicked Kirstie off of Dancing with the stars!!

The main responsibility of FEMA is to care for disaster victims and they can't even find a place for them to stay. FFS all those Billions upon Billions of dollars and when people come to them for aid they give them paperwork.

Dysfunctional government much?
Right on par with the rest of the Federal Kleptocratic Bunglebus.
Overpaid bureaucrats who couldn't find a pencil if it was stuck in their butts.

OH! We need to do another study for millions of $, we'll get it right next time we promise!
If I;m ever in a hurricane I'm doing the sane thing and committing suicide before the government comes to "help".

More uniforms, fancy painted vehicles and image consultants will fix everything.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Just where does "personal responsibility" fit in when you're home is destroyed and your car is somewhere out in the Atlantic Ocean?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Having lived through Katrina, I don't even have to click on your links, because I know it has to be.

After Katrina, for a few weeks, while it was warm, we didn't need to worry about heat. Everyone I met, was pretty well prepared, having generators, so at least one room in a house could be cooled.

We were without power where I was, for 3 weeks. Although we did not get a 'nor easter immediately, we got Rita.

So, another few weeks without power, and by then it was starting to get uncomfortably cold at night.

I can only in my mind, sympathize with these people, no heat, no refrigerator, and God only knows, the bodies that we have not been informed about yet, turning up.

It's in no way forgotten in my mind. I consider myself blessed compared to these folks after what I have been through.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Just where does "personal responsibility" fit in when you're home is destroyed and your car is somewhere out in the Atlantic Ocean?
Let's start with choosing where to live. I love the ocean. I love swimming, boating, fishing, and especially the solitude that comes with diving. You know what though, I don't live on the beach. They have these things called "hurricanes" and "tropical storms" and they happen cyclically; in fact you can count on them forming every single year. So, a reasonably responsible person might take that into account when deciding where to live. I love Florida and I chose to live here, but not on the coast. I still get the wind and the rain; and honestly I like it; but I avoid the storm surge and most of the flooding. The rest is manageable risk. I keep plenty of food not enough water, I could keep more but with access to two wells it isn't my major concern. I plan for these storms every year. Why you ask? Personal responsibility.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

You bet! The news out of there has been weak as to cover POTUS and Fed a**. This story could easy have been spun out like Katrina to make Obama look weak.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Oh boy!
After all it was a hurricane!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Let's start with choosing where to live. I love the ocean. I love swimming, boating, fishing, and especially the solitude that comes with diving. You know what though, I don't live on the beach. They have these things called "hurricanes" and "tropical storms" and they happen cyclically; in fact you can count on them forming every single year. So, a reasonably responsible person might take that into account when deciding where to live. I love Florida and I chose to live here, but not on the coast. I still get the wind and the rain; and honestly I like it; but I avoid the storm surge and most of the flooding. The rest is manageable risk. I keep plenty of food not enough water, I could keep more but with access to two wells it isn't my major concern. I plan for these storms every year. Why you ask? Personal responsibility.

So after all your preparation, you would not expect help from your own government, FEMA, if somehow....I don't know your sht all got destroyed...and they wouldn't let you anywhere near what was left of your belongings....I hope you never have to go through this.....Karma will have to visit I guess....I lived in Florida....and everytime they told me a hurricane was coming...I did what I could to prepare...it was never enough...no power for 3 weeks,....crap I remember how it felt and FEMA took their sweet time then.....

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

So after all your preparation, you would not expect help from your own government, FEMA, if somehow....I don't know your sht all got destroyed...and they wouldn't let you anywhere near what was left of your belongings....I hope you never have to go through this.....Karma will have to visit I guess....I lived in Florida....and everytime they told me a hurricane was coming...I did what I could to prepare...it was never enough...no power for 3 weeks,....crap I remember how it felt and FEMA took their sweet time then.....

Oh and that area is not tropical and this is not a normal storm that occurred for that area....

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Exactly what is wrong with this world...no one gives a crap unless it happens to them.......bunch of of selfish&@^$%@^%$@&%$#@

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
And now I have to go visit my HUG thread.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Oh and that area is not tropical and this is not a normal storm that occurred for that area....
Nor'easters are quite common in that area and hurricanes have hit there before. This was completely foreseeable. I have been without grid power for three weeks and longer. That is why I have a generator and a small window unit AC. That is why I keep extra fuel and fuel stabilizer. That is why I have solar panels and a battery bank to run a few convenience items from time to time. That is why I have a crank radio and crank flashlights. Prior planning prevents piss poor performance.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Nor'easters are quite common in that area and hurricanes have hit there before. This was completely foreseeable. I have been without grid power for three weeks and longer. That is why I have a generator and a small window unit AC. That is why I keep extra fuel and fuel stabilizer. That is why I have solar panels and a battery bank to run a few convenience items from time to time. That is why I have a crank radio and crank flashlights. Prior planning prevents piss poor performance.

not everyone can afford a generator and some people live where they are not allowed.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The devastation left by katrina is still being rebuilt at a snail pace... how we have forgot

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

not everyone can afford a generator and some people live where they are not allowed.
Really? They seem to have cell phones, and I bet they have X boxes. You can get a small generator for the price of an X box and a couple games. For another couple games you can get gas and fuel stabilizer. They make their choices. Personal responsibility.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

not only that but you are so far off the thread topic it's not even funny....and you are selfish to boot.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join