It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Cracked This 250 Year-Old Code, And Found a Secret Society Inside

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Huh?... a secret society with a code... now that's strange.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
That's what I've done wrong.
I made a secret society, can't tell you what it is though, that's how secret it it is.
I haven't got a secret code. I think that's where I've gone wrong.
I'm sure if I had a secret code, my society would flourish.
I only have 1 member at the moment. He's my dog.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

ahh yah thats where i got messed up then, when i was reading, i was like wouldnt it have been pretty mainstream by then, but this passage threw me off.

After reading the Oculists’ cipher, Önnerfors suggested that it described one of the more extreme groups. Forget the implicit threats to the state or church. In part of the Copiale, there’s explicit talk about slaying the tyrannical “three-headed monster” who “deprive[s] man of his natural freedom.” There’s even a call for a “general revolt.” Remember, Önnerfors told the code-breakers, this book was written in the 1740s—30 years before the Declaration of Independence. “To someone at the time,” he added, “this would be like reading a manifesto from a terrorist organization.”

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

I'm not sure I know what they are referring to there...I'm presuming it is something more than Cerberus, in esoteric terms that would make sense...but if we are talking in political terms it could mean the Habsburg dynasty at the time, which if it did, they were pretty successful as the Habsburg influence floundered with the next generation. They don't really elucidate in the article, which implies that it should be something that is understood widely, and perhaps it is in mainland Europe...it eludes me though...Russia, France and the Ottoman Empire perhaps?

I really don't know.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
this is interesting so i am just going to post to subscribe to the thread so i can read it later if no one minds.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

Hi ~widowmaker~!

You are full well entitled to your disturbance.
I'm working on the Copiale myself and in private since the deciphered version was made public in 2011.

I really can't believe what I'm reading here - that was why I linked to the original docs. on the 1st page of this thread.

But that alone won't do because they only did a marvelous job on the decoding which was really GENIUS - but the translation from German to English is HORRIBLE at best.
And that is why they seem think now that the Copiale is some kind of revolutionary manifest. Nothing could be more far from the truth.

Let me give you an example...

> ##PAGE 100
>
> die so genannte Schlüssel *???*hat wiederum etwas ganz besonders
> scheinet von unruhigen Müssiggängern erdacht zu seyn
> ist durch und durch verwerflich
> auch vermuthlich schon grösstentheils wieder zu grunde gegangen
> wie hiernächst folget
> .
> auf den Tapis (der oben genannten "Schlüssel-Gesellschaft") findet sich
>
> erstlich der Zweig von Olivenblättern
> bedeutet das Zeichen des Friedens und der Ruhe
>
> zweytens die Trommel
> ist deswegen da durch ihren Schall "bum bum bum" das Zeichen zu einem allgemeinen Aufstande zu geben
>
> drittens die Fama (eine römische Gottheit des Ruhmes und des Gerüchtes)
> welche mit der Trompete Alarm bläset
> ruffet die *???* wieder zusammen
> ihre natürliche Freyheit wieder zu erlangen
> und desfalls ein Corps zu machen
>
> viertens das dreyköpfige Monstrum
> bedeutet die Herrschafft und Regierung
> welche durch Gewalt und List den Menschen um seine natürliche Freyheit
>
>(Fortsetzung auf der nächsten Seite)

I only cleaned the text a little bit up from cipher-residue you will find still in the orignal docs. Since I'm a native German speaker this ~1750 German is still pretty understandable to me.

Now look what they made of it...

> ## PAGE 100
> d . The so called key *tri* has in its turn something very special, it seams to be thought of beginning from
> agitation, is commendable by means, and it perished to a great part, as follows:
> on the green cloth there is first of all an olive branch, this is the sign of piece and tranquility, secondly, the drum
> is there, so that its acoustic noise bum bum bum gives the sign for a general revolt. Thirdly, the fama, which
> signals the alarm with the trumpet, calls the *bigx*together again to regain their natural freedom and therefore to
> build a corps, fourthly, the three-headed monster means the rule and governance, which, by means of power and
> perfidy, deprive man of his natural freedom
> (continued on the next page)

But it SHOULD be...

> PAGE 100
> The so called Key-*Society* has in turn something very special
> (it) seems to be made up by distempered bummers
> is rotten to the core
> and has supposedly perished for the most part already
> as here furthermore follows:
> On the(ir) carpets there is first of all an olive branch, (this) means the sign of peace and tranquility
> secondly, the drum is there, because her sound ...bum bum bum... gives the sign for a general revolt
> thirdly the Fama (a roman goddess for fame and rumor... ), who blows the alarming signal with the trumpet calls the *brethren* together again to regain their natural freedom and therefore to build a corps
> fourthly the three-headed monster means the rule and governance, which, by means of power and perfidy, deprive man of his natural freedom
(continued on the next page...)

This is only ONE example - and the rest is not such as bad.
But still I can't believe how an intelligent and otherwise well versed man can trust such a crappy translation.

The beauty of it that now I know more about how rumors and pogroms and stuff happen.

Since they don't have a working TRANSLATION of the German deciphered text they should take a break. A better translation shouldn't be sooo hard to come by...

All the best with your worries

Ansar

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Good read - it's good to know that secret societies really do exist in real life and not just in Dan Brown novels

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Very cool! Check out the online Copiale cipher encoder where you can cipher your own messages: www.copiale.net...

There is also a gorgeous cipher wheel on the site:

edit on 20-11-2012 by matthias123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by laurazoom

Or, the secret society Dan Brown made follows the same creative techniques that characterize all messages from secret societies. The same ingredients: a little truth, a little mythology, a little exploitation of gullibility, a dash of hope...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The statue of liberty is full of secret codes. Any of you know about the pine cone? can you find a pine cone at the vatican? Secret coding all around you, yes even in your home town...........

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexjustme

Here is the link to the video about the statue of liberty...
www.bing.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Be thankful for the veil, for to see would be to burn.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
it looks so difficult to crack this, hope somebody gets it !

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The Only Three Headed Beast I Am Familiar With In Life And Myth Is "Cerberus"...
The Heads Are Named "Cariño", "Gusto", And "Perdon"... They are in english: Kindness, Forgiveness, and Likeness... The guard the gate In the Underworld. Once in though It really is a ferocious beast who violently devours any escapee. But getting in iseasy. Its his craft.
Phonetically in spanish "Cerberus" = Serbir Ese (Serve That One) Or Sirbe Rex (Serve King)
Pick your fate...

TTYL TC TY HAND BYOXO

P.S. Does Every On ATS Really Hate Pinocchio???

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The Second Line, At The End "OUROZ" Pronounces "Swear" in Spanish! Now Why Would An Idiot Do That When He Can't Even Read The Rest Of It!

I DO NOT SWEAR TO THAT HERESY! HUMPH!
FOR I AM PINOCCHIO... THE GREAT!
OF ACACIA WOOD WAS I FASHIONED, WITH SH!TTIM FOR MY THOUGHTS!
ADORNED IN FINE GOLD... BUT! BUT I AM NOT THE ARK OF THE COVENANT! HUMPH!

Although I did Break A Rock With A Stick Once...
edit on 27-11-2012 by Pinocchio because: Pinocchio...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by matthias123

Whoa! Thanks for the link, I'm going to have some fun with it.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ansar

Seems odd that they garbled up the German. I know a few German speakers, I think I'll send them a message and get their take as well.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayin70

What if you are seeing against your will?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Can anyone crack this code?

www.youtube.com...

I have been looking for answers on this unusual stone monument in the Ozarks for 25 years.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I was reading something the other day and came across this chap...

Abū ʿAlī al-Ḥasan ibn al-Ḥasan ibn al-Haytham (Persian : ابن هيثم, Arabic: أبو علي، الحسن بن الحسن بن الهيثم, Latinized: Alhacen or (deprecated)[4] Alhazen) (965 in Basra – c. 1040 in Cairo) was a Muslim[5] scientist, polymath, mathematician, astronomer and philosopher, described in various sources as either Persian or Arab.[6][7][8][9][7][10] He made significant contributions to the principles of optics, as well as to astronomy, mathematics, visual perception, and to the scientific method. He also wrote insightful commentaries on works by Aristotle, Ptolemy, and the Greek mathematician Euclid.[11]

Alhazen's most famous work is his seven volume Arabic treatise on optics, Kitab al-Manazir (Book of Optics), written from 1011 to 1021.

Optics was translated into Latin by an unknown scholar at the end of the 12th century or the beginning of the 13th century.[36] It was printed by Friedrich Risner in 1572, with the title Opticae thesaurus: Alhazeni Arabis libri septem, nuncprimum editi; Eiusdem liber De Crepusculis et nubium ascensionibus.[37] Risner is also the author of the name variant "Alhazen"; before Risner he was known in the west as Alhacen, which is the correct transcription of the Arabic name.[38] This work enjoyed a great reputation during the Middle Ages. Works by Alhazen on geometric subjects were discovered in the Bibliothèque nationale in Paris in 1834 by E. A. Sedillot. Other manuscripts are preserved in the Bodleian Library at Oxford and in the library of Leiden.

en.wikipedia.org...

Though a couple of hundred years earlier than the time of this codex, Risner, who translated Alhazen's work was persecuted and eventually murdered, primarily because he was a protestant...a situation that was still pervasive in Europe at the time of the codex...so it occured to me, that perhaps, the more diverse application of optics, particularly in making long range optical lenses, such as those required for telescopes...as well as I suppose, for amplification, in microscopes...that that may explain the need for a secret society to be hidden within a secret society as some would not be willing to consider inventions or methods developed by infidels in the East...or indeed think it wise to look too closely at 'God's' work...micro or macro...as that contravened much of the Church's stance at that time. So this society enabled 'others' to filter through those with the skills needed who were sympathetic, and thereby unite those who could and would produce such lenses, with those who needed said equipment.

Maybe???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join