It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

no, No, NOOOO! U.S. stay the hell out of it!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Step in and do what?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreebirdGirl
Considering Romney and his close relationship with Netanyahu, imagine how different this situation could be.

It wouldn't be any different. Had Romney won the election he wouldn't take the office until Jan 20. So Israel would still have to deal with Obama.

But if Romney were in office we would be over the doing the fighting for them.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

No disrespect to republicans or partisanship intended but consider Romney and his close relationship with Netanyahu, then imagine how different this situation could be.
edit on 16-11-2012 by FreebirdGirl because: (no reason given)

ya think ?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
From CNN - Time for U.S. to Step In

Daniel Ben Simon, an Israeli Knesset member not aligned with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's coalition, said Friday that he sensed "almost an absence" from Washington, adding, "It's time for the Americans to step in."

That's BULL&%$#!

A. No one can turn a sick, warring, hateful region into a peace-loving, healthy civilization. It just can't be done! The only thing we will do is have our soldiers (our children!) killed for nothing over there.

B. WE CAN'T AFFORD IT! No more government spending on war.

When the peace plan arrives shortly, will you start taking what I say more seriously?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by jiggerj

I abhor war.

Yes,I'm in the Army.
Yes, we are trained to fight.

But as I've also said, the biggest "anti-war" folks are those with the most to lose.

Yet for all the issues, Israel is our only true ally in the ME.

OP. do we really want to leave Israel alone?

Imagine Britain surrounded by the French, the Germans, the Spanish. All want Great Britian.

Would we leave well enough alone to just forsake war?

(Not trolling, just asking)

No, we would forsake war to prevent our children from being killed in a region that CAN'T be fixed.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Considering Romney and his close relationship with Netanyahu, imagine how different this situation could be.

It wouldn't be any different. Had Romney won the election he wouldn't take the office until Jan 20. So Israel would still have to deal with Obama.

But if Romney were in office we would be over the doing the fighting for them.

True

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
As much as I want to see us stay out of this.... We actually can't. The more I've gotten to think about it, Obama is between a rock and an immovable object. He can violate standing treaties in the moment of need (as opposed to exiting treaties when the terms of them aren't just coming into effect), in which case he might as well just close up the Embassies and bring everyone home. I wouldn't mind that outcome, but sure not that way. OR..... He can stand and support Israel to meet the statutory obligations our nation has.

We beat nations like Iran, North Korea and Iraq before them about international agreements, treaties and standing declarations. Our credibility would crash below 0 if be broke all that for his own purposes now.

This publication lists treaties and other international agreements of the United States on record in the Department of State on January 1, 2011, which had not expired by their own terms or which had not been denounced by the parties, replaced, superseded by other agreements, or otherwise definitely terminated.

US State Department index of treaties in effect world wide - 2011.

The table of contents directs to where each nation has it's own chapter dedicated to U.S. treaties and agreements in effect with them at the time it was written. Nothing major has changed to my knowledge. There is also this:

About Us
The MFO is an independent international organization, with peacekeeping responsibilities in the Sinai.
The origins of the MFO lie in Annex I to the 1979 Treaty of Peace between Egypt and Israel. In 1981, the Treaty Parties negotiated a Protocol that established the MFO and defined its mission.

The US Contingent

The United States Army provides the single largest contingent to the MFO based at both North and South Camp. The different activities provided by the Task Force HQ (Task Force Sinai), the Support Battalion and the US Battalion are described in the links above.
Source

So.. I suppose, as nice as it would be to simply say they can fight their own battle for a change and leave us out of it.....we're already right in the middle of it and committed for sides in many real and binding ways. I'd also say people need to check the MFO list of nations with troops donated. It's more diverse than some might have been aware.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero
Israel wanted a war. He got one. Let HIM fight it.

That is very sexist of you.

We need to back Israel. They are our only ally in the region, and we need them to go after Iran, so we can finish them off.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by solidguy

Are you nuts?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
We shower Israel with money/weaponry, we basically own the egyptian Mil... hrmm... yeah. Iran is showering Hamas with money and weaponry.. hrmmm... yeah. The world is run by absolute fools playing a game with innocent citizens lives and futures.

My issue is with Hamas and the Muslim Bro'hood. They need to butt the hell out. I will never demonize a nation for retaliating against rockets lobbed at them. WIth all of the Israel hate here, anyone consider that the Israeli CITIZENS and Gaza/Palestinian CITIZENS have little to no control over their warhungry bloodthirsty leaders? They dont have any more power than we do in the US in influencing our govt NOT to go to war. So.. because you hate so n so.. you are okay with innocents being murdered ( on either side).. nice. Some of you here act liek Hamas is some nice freedom fighting humanitarian org that just wants to free the folks in Gaza and get Israel to recognize them... by lobbing bombs across the border. Kinda makes as much sense as bombing people into a democracy. Seriously folks..... FFS!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
It states in the bible as prophecy that all nations will turn against isreal.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I'm sick of Americans dying for everyone but Americans.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I'm sick of Americans dying for everyone but Americans.

And that has what to do with what I said?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I don't think we should get involved. We've done enough over there. We're broke because of it.

Nettie shot his mouth off about Iran. Syria lobbed a couple. He lobbed a couple back. He'll get his war. Let him get it out of his system.

No need for ours to die there too.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I don't think we should get involved. We've done enough over there. We're broke because of it.

Nettie shot his mouth off about Iran. Syria lobbed a couple. He lobbed a couple back. He'll get his war. Let him get it out of his system.

No need for ours to die there too.

You do realize we are already involved, right? Those rockets and missiles Nettie shot off?? We paid for them/gave them to Israel. I would call that a sign of some involvement and culpability. "HIS" war.. is in fact, OUR war.

Seriously... What in my post made you think that I was ok with the US getting involved. I prefer for us to let them blow eachother to smitherines and cut all funding and weaponry... pull out of the region.. let it implode. Im okay with American soldiers dying for this BS?? I said nothing of the sort buit somehow you injected that into what I DID say. I said that we are involved on BOTH sides... funding and equipping both Egypt ( who is now in the mix) and Israel. I think its pretty well a no brainer that we shouldnt be involved... BUT WE ARE even though we are not physically fighting the battle. Yet. We - over several administrations- have stuck our noses in and it just might get pinched. Iran is funding Hamas... Egypt is siding with Hamas it seems. The citizens of BOTH Israel and Palestine are stuck in the middle... and are being used as fodder in a proxy war that has NOTHING to do with their independence.

I really wish posters would read the post.. and not add in what they assume is meant...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

A. No one can turn a sick, warring, hateful region into a peace-loving, healthy civilization.

I agree.

Especially if it's the US trying to set this standard.

The US can't lead by example so they should just stay out of it altogether.

"Don't Preach if you can't Teach" is a good rule to live by.

Peace

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I say we offer to step in for Israel, root out terrorists, and maintain a peacekeeping force of 200,000 troops in Israel. Terms of the deal are this:

Israel disbands its military
Israel pays $10 trillion up front
Israel pays for the peacekeeping force, which we will charge a 25% margin on
Israel pays $10M to the family of every serviceman/woman killed, and significant payments for injuries/disabilities

If they think that's too much, they can offer something else in return besides more grief and expense, and if it is a fair exchange, we'll do it, or...they can just take care of their own business.

More of my tax dollars go to fight wars in the middle east than go to pay for highway improvements, feeding the poor in the US, and researching a cure for camcer combined. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Israe, gives us next to nothing, they just take, take, take, and put our nation at risk every time we back them. I'm not against helping, but i'm sick of us sacrificing for them with nothing in return. I guess we're just "dirty goyim"

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Time for us to step in? How about go to hell

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Why is it that when we get involved we are bad, but when we don't we are bad too?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Why is it that when we get involved we are bad, but when we don't we are bad too?

Because when you get involved, it's never for humanitarian reasons alone. Unless it's on a small scale just enough to look good doing it and to pose for a photo op that will be splashed all over the MSM "WE ARE HEROES!"

C'mon, really?

The US does nothing unless it serves US interests...Period.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join