It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(HSSC2) Scariest story ever told

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It was getting late one evening, as the cool mid autumn air chilled the house. A little to cool for me. Ah, but this is DC where the weather can never make up it�s mind. Cool one day, warm the next.
I inhale deeply, taking in one last breath of the cool air before closing the window, but something's different. The air....it smells...like hair spray? �That�s weird�.
I just shrug it off and think nothing of it, as I head to the couch and turn on the TV. I check my watch, �Oh good the re-�, just then the toaster pops up. �What the-� As I walk to see what caused the toaster to pop up...
WHOOOSH
A strong gust of wind blows through the house. This was no ordinary wind however, it was a stifling hot breathtaking wind. *Gasp* *Gasp* I finally reach a window to open it......it�s already open. There�s another strong wind gust that blows through the house, it�s coming from outside but it�s completely still outside. �*Wheeze* What is *gasp* going on!? It�s....so....hot......�
Just then everything just stops. The wind ceases and the temperature returns to normal, but the power goes out. I look outside, it�s dak everywhere. Deep dark billowing, bubbling clouds now fill the sky. Lightning flashes. Again. Again. Again...
No thunder, no rain, just lightning, providing the only light for as far as the eye can see. I stand at the window for a couple minutes desperately trying to get my brain to figure out what�s going on. The phone rings. At least my phone still works.
�Hello?�
�He�s coming�
�Who�s coming? Who is this?�
�.........�
�Are you still there? Who is this? You sound like- hello?�
The phone died. Great.
Before I can hang up the phone, there are two knocks at my door.
*knock*

*knock*
What now? When I reach the door, the toaster pops up again. �How in the world?�

*knock*

I look through the peephole. �Oh my God!� I swing the door open. The first thunder clap of the evening causes me to recoil. I regain composure, �Are you alright!?� The man standing was bleeding profusely from the chest area, but he didn�t seem in any pain, �Dude, are you OK?�
His eyes........he was blind! �Man, you need to go to a hospi-
�He�s coming�
�What? Hey! Where are you going!?�
Just like that, he started walking away?
�Who�s coming!?�
He turned and grinned, then continued on his way. I stand there frozen in fear and confusion. *thwock*
�Would someone please tell me what�s going on...� I plead to noone.
*thwock*
Lightning provides the light as I head back to the couch just to sit and try to make sense of everything.
*Thwock*
Nothing is making sense
*Thwock*
*Thwock*
Am I going crazy?
*Thwock*
*Thwock*
What is that noise?
*Thwock*
*Thwock*
*THWOCK*
*THWOCK*
The noise grows louder and louder
*THWOCK*
�Please stop�
*THWOCK*
�I < sob >....I can�t take it anymore!�
*THWOCK* *THWOCK*

-The next morning-
I awoke on the coach in a start. Was all that a dream? Everything was seemingly normal as the power was back on, the phone worked, and the sun was a bright November sun as there was not one cloud in the sky. The extremely loud noise which can best be described as a toilet plunger at work....no....a better description would be the sound that flip flops make as you walk in them, was now just a horrible memory. The toaster! I rush to the kitchen. There are two waffles in the toaster. Waffles?? I had them the previous morning but- Oh no! No...no...no...no...no...
I rush back and turn on the TV. My jaw drops. My heart races. This can�t be! Oh...my...God...

The news anchor repeats:

�John Kerry has won the election.�

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Other than the brimstone and fire, I love the predicted outcome

I do see the tension there. Sort of like a political comentator on a bad trip

Check out mine. (HSSC2)Gravity hates me, and (HSSC2)Fleshbag.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
ThatsJustWeird,

With the elections just 2 days after Halloween, this is the scariest story ever told! Especially this Halloween!

This story may take the cake!

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
[Screams like a little girl] I'm not going too sleep too night. That is really frightening but I wouldn't be too sure about it "taking the cake",Intelearthling.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmatter
[Screams like a little girl] I'm not going too sleep too night. That is really frightening but I wouldn't be too sure about it "taking the cake",Intelearthling.

I'm just saying all the scary and eerie stories in the world can't be compared to the terror and fightening thought of having Kerry as president brings to mind!

You got to admit though, political stories would make a really good Halloween story this year!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
i dont get it.... whats scary about this????

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
omg this story is pathetic. i dont see what u ppl are going on about. learn to write properly and maybe the material will be woth reading

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
i dont see why this is so scary what does he see on the tv ?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Um..just curious as to whether this story has been resubmitted...as the date on it is 2004?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It was the most rubbish story ever

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ThatsJustWeird

THAT SUCKED I THOUGHT IT WAS GONNA END SCARY NOT A DREAM MAKE A BETTER ONE PLZ
HHHHHOOOOORRRIIIBBLLEEEEEEE!!!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ThatsJustWeird

I Dont get it! Is this a story you gotta think about. Cuz i dont get it at all!

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

It got bumped by an anonymous post.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I enjoyed the story,it was very interesting but the ending was a flop! I mean like duh..... waht happen next? What did he see on tv???

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I enjoyed the story,it was very interesting but the ending was a flop! I mean like duh..... waht happen next? What did he see on tv???

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
hey man cool story. It scared the crap out of me. Can you subscribe more of them?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This is the dumbest story ever

new topics

top topics

join