It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops! Taliban Reveal Identities of Their Mailing List Members

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I once did something very similar when I was running a mailing list and my ISP neglected to tell me that they had upgraded the software and it had reverted back to it's default setting of letting everyone see the email addresses of everyone else on the list, around 3000 people.
I spent about a month after cleaning up the angry emails and people demanding to be taken off the list, I bet I still wasn't half as embarrassed as Qari Yousuf Ahmedi is right now though

As the article says seems like it was mainly journalist on the list and it wasn't the email addresses of people actually in the Taliban. On the up side the Taliban are probably now looking for a new head of IT, I wonder if they have a good pension plan..

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
Omar is doing a face palm. How do hard core Taliban have e-mail tho? Do they run phone lines out to their mud huts?

Heh. Contrary to popular belief, your hardcore Taliban are rich, well educated, middle eastern socialites. Not cave dwelling nomads. Lol... You just saw Rambo III didn't you?

Heh, Just kidding...
edit on 11/17/1212 by foodstamp because: typo

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
i get a picture of hundreds of islamists packing their bags and leaving where they live as fast as possible, at the same time looking up in the sky and watching for drones.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Ain't that the truth!?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I can see how that can happen...

At least he didn't have a picture attached of himself in his underwear.

That only happens here...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join