It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derren Brown Fear and Faith

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Anybody watching this? I hope satan doesnt exist cos he just got a guy to swear allegiance to him

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
thats it?
thats your thread?
my answer is no, im reading good threads on ATS,
and replying to bad ones, obviously

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

It was a decent conversation starter in ny opinion. If its not to your liking why waste your time replying?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I wish I could watch it OP.

Do you know any sites online you can watch for free?

His "Something wicked this way comes" stage show is still my favorite.

Could you give a brief synopsis of the show?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Derren Brown: Fear and Faith (2012) "Derren Brown: Fear and Faith" is the second of Brown's two-part specials which first aired on Friday 9 November 2012. It focuses on the placebo effect. In the first programme, Brown sets up a fake pharmaceutical company, 'Cicero Pharmaceutical Solutions', which claims to have developed a drug named 'Rumyodin', with the ability to inhibit fear.

In actual fact the pill is a placebo that is merely sugar. The placebo effect, amplified by the convincing façade of Cicero, helps most of the subjects of the fake clinical trial of Rumyodin overcome their fears. It is shown that Brown repeated the experiment with separate groups, to each of whom it was claimed Rumyodin had different beneficial effects, such as smoking cessation and allergy relief, again with positive results. By the end of the programme Brown reveals that 'Rumyodin' is an anagram of 'your mind'.

Found this.

That is why I love this guy
Our obsession with taking a pill for everything is ludicrous.. We could do just as well with sugar pills.

If you ask me "reality" is one big placebo

Awesome

Can't believe it is on YouTube already.

edit on 16-11-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SyntheticPerception

Brilliant... I just watched it and I can't say I'm surprised how effective the placebo effect was. Our mind is the key to our well being... as the saying goes, we can achieve anything if we put our mind to it.

Not sure how the OP connects this to Satan or what ever... I'm guessing the second episode must be more controversial. He probably takes away their fear of death or fear of punishment by God or something.

Anyone know if the next episode is available anywhere yet? I can't wait to see it, this guy is an absolute genius. He's probably one of the smartest people on Earth if you ask me.

He has done so much good for the lives of so many people... if he is linked to Satan, then Satan is clearly the good guy who actually does something tangible to help people.

But obviously Satan is just a myth, and I suspect the underlying point of the next episode will be, how much we can achieve if we just let go of these fairy tales and follow our heart.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Not sure how the OP connects this to Satan or what ever... I'm guessing the second episode must be more controversial. He probably takes away their fear of death or fear of punishment by God or something. Anyone know if the next episode is available anywhere yet?

I am not sure when part 2 is but I can't wait. I plan on checking you tube periodically, I was surprised to find this so soon after airing.

He has done so much good for the lives of so many people... if he is linked to Satan, then Satan is clearly the good guy who actually does something tangible to help people.

I know right? That is why when some people call the "oneness" or "new age" movement the work of satan I laugh

It is about loving yourself and loving others.. Respecting the divine in everyone and everything.. Showing love with out expecting a reward because the "reward" comes while showing others respect and love..

Yet people say it is the work of the devil lol

Satan must be a mighty humble and loving fellow by that reasoning

I am curious how the next episode will go. I'll keep you updated and if I find it on youtube b4 you I'll post it.

Take care

edit on 16-11-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I have actually posted part 2 in a separate thread. The God Illusion...

Thank you OP for posting part 1. S&F!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I am not sure when part 2 is but I can't wait. I plan on checking you tube periodically, I was surprised to find this so soon after airing.

Yah YouTube seems to be on the ball with Derren Brown videos... there are many other great Derren Brown eps on YouTube, the Apocalypse one was awesome, and the one where he gets that guy to land the plane is inspiring too. And Derren doesn't seem to mind that his videos are shared freely on YouTube because they don't seem to get removed. That really says a lot about the guy... he cares about more than just the bottom line, he wants to educate and inform people, which is a lot more than I can say for most people.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Oh snap it's already available! Thanks a lot bud!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

And Derren doesn't seem to mind that his videos are shared freely on YouTube because they don't seem to get removed. That really says a lot about the guy...
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I agree.

For the most part youtube makes it easy to spot those in the "mainstream" trying to raise awareness as opposed to simply making $$$

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Awesome!

Thank you kindly

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Yeah sorry bout that, i was the OP but cant take the credit for posting the video.

For anyone who hasnt seen it the first thing he does in part 2 is get a volunteer from the audience to read a verse from some satanic book while stabbing a photo of his twin sister which apparently is a way of handing your soul over to satan after you die. Im not a believer in satan but i wouldnt be confident enough that i was right to do that

Then he manages to convince an athiest that there is a god, without actually mentioning god. Very clever.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueNose

OP I noticed you do not have an avatar, I just threw these together real quick if you wanna use them. All I had to go by was your name

If you need a hand making them show up full size let me know.

Put the "blank" photo as your avatar, and the other as your background image if you want to use them.

Right click under the last image to save the "blank" picture like the other two
edit on 17-11-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Thanks for that, hope you don't mind if i leave it though? I'm only ever online on my mobile and its not the best to be honest lol. Thanks again

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueNose

Thanks for that, hope you don't mind if i leave it though? I'm only ever online on my mobile and its not the best to be honest lol. Thanks again

Not at all

I was just messing with something at the time your thread came up. Mobiles can make posting a pain, take care!

top topics

join