It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You - Look How All The Free Stuff Is Destroying Our Country

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

So spin the facts some more.

What am I spinning? MLK was not a republican. Parties aren't the same as they were a centuries ago. Times change, try to keep up.

The Dem party does not represent the good fight for freedoms. They are just as corrupt as the other.

They're both capitalist parties, duh.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

We're playing that game? I'll raise you with:

On with the show...

edit on 16-11-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

So, by using the Dems are the higher Road Party is false.

The Democrat party up until several years ago had a Grand Wizard of the KKK in it.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You might want to actually look at GE's financial statements.

Operations wide (globally), they paid 23.5% taxes.

Just, none in the US.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Is that not what my post says?

You might want to read it.

edit on 16-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

At the current time, Dems do have the higher road on societal progressive issues.

The Democrat party up until several years ago had a Grand Wizard of the KKK in it.

lol, ok? And? verses all the current republicans that make statements that sound like they're in the KKK?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SELAboy

, I can't even explain. You do realize that freedoms are something individuals have and that they existed because of our libertarian Founding fathers.

The libertarian founding fathers that who were largely slave owners? ahahah what a joke.

The libertarian founding fathers that forced taxes on people
The libertarian founding fathers who were half federalists
The libertarian founding fathers who mandated a state controlled post office?
The libertarian founding fathers who wrote the constitution, a statist document?

The Whiskey Rebellion, or Whiskey Insurrection, was a tax protest in the United States beginning in 1791, during the presidency of George Washington. Farmers who used their grain in the form of whiskey as a medium of exchange were forced to pay a new tax. The tax was a part of treasury secretary Alexander Hamilton's program to increase central government power, in particular to fund his policy of assuming the war debt of those states which had failed to pay. The farmers who resisted, many war veterans, were fighting for the principles of the American Revolution, in particular against taxation without local representation.

en.wikipedia.org...

Abolitionists in the 19th century based their views on heavily religious beliefs, not in liberal ideals. The modern pro-life movement would be a much more accurate comparison.

Uhhh, nah. Nearly everyone was religious back then, slave owners used the bible to justify their slave holdings. Most abolitionists just had empathy and didn't think black people should be enslaved, especially after hearing the horrific tales from numerous freed and escaped slaves. And that all men were created equal as it says in the Bible.

Progressivism was founded on elitism, racism, and eugenics. It is based on the idea that the poor are dumb and can't do for themselves and that a large centralized system, run by "elites", is necessary to control the masses.

Nope. Sure some progressives were eugenicists but that was not the core of the movement. A huge part of the movement endorsed equality for women and minorities.

By the way, people in the 1830s were far more intelligent and had much better critical thinking skills than modern, dumbed down sheep. And citizens enjoyed a lot more freedom.

Sure they did
If you were a white rich male maybe.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Then why do you keep posting it like it means something?

Imply much agenda?

GE US operates at a net loss most years. Very, very hard to tax a negative.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Obama and this Judge Judy show are connected how again?
I can only think of one similarity.

If the man was white would it be a viral video?
Of course no white people receive aid.

And this would never have happened on George W's watch.
Oh and should I thank you for 2000 to 2008 ?
Now those were some wonderful years.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Extremely small potatoes. Not even a blip on the map by comparison. He's not even a 'Bernie Madoff'.

This sort of argument comes across as the con-man telling me to look at the sneaky pick-pocket behind me while he drains my 401k, pushes me into foreclosure, and makes off with my lifesavings.

The real problem is the billions of dollars stolen via the banking system, Wall Street, and the corporations that REFUSE to pay any taxes at all. I'm talking about criminal theft that have resulted in impoverishing millions of American citizens.

Ask yourself a bigger question Sad-Eyed_Lady, that actually gets to the real heart of the problem of who is stealing with impunity and destroying our economy and the lives of our citizens:

WHY HAVE NO BANKING EXECUTIVES BEEN PROSECUTED?

WHY ISN'T WALL STREET IN JAIL?

It's these financial crooks that have brought down not just Americas', but the entire WORLD ECONOMY...and they got/get away with it!!!

Is the real threat this guy or groups like AIG, Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, Countrywide, Citigroup, Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank, Lehman Brothers and many more?

This is just deflection and fear mongering using nickle and dime thieves, that doesn't even come close to the real problems. This is something I'd expect from a pundit in the pocket of such corporations to prey on the ignorance of those that keep them in power and simply blames the other poor and ignorant for all our problems.

Don't fall for the 'liberal' vs 'conservatives' smokescreen that shields the real greedy vultures above our heads.

It doesn't help at all.

- Lee

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Who is this Grand Wizard you are talking about? I do hope you are not talking about David Duke because when he was in office he was a Republican not Democrat. He was a Dem until 1989 then he switched parties.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by macman

Who is this Grand Wizard you are talking about? I do hope you are not talking about David Duke because when he was in office he was a Republican not Democrat. He was a Dem until 1989 then he switched parties.

Just for reference, lot can be found in A Short History of Reconstruction, (Harper & Row Publishers, Inc., 1990) by Dr. Eric Foner.
WHen I was googling the books name to get the right one.. this was also found in the search results :
www.nationalblackrepublicans.com...

Interesting subject really. Not only the origins of the party but the change over time. The terms democrat and republican mean nothing of what they once did. Irritates me that folks dont understand this and keep up with the democrats did this.. republicans did that... blah blah.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

You sit on a computer watching Judge Judy clips and speak of how our country is being destroyed. Imagine that.

CJ

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Judge Judy made $45 million in 2010. She did it exploiting people that here MSM media network programs.

If I understand this correctly the OP is asserting that the ignorant and poor byproducts of our modern plantation state is the fault of ignorant and poor; rather than the overseer that is making a profit verbally abusing someone for sport.

Yeah I see how this is liberal downfall

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
lol why did you change the wording on the tread title???????

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
lol why did you change the wording on the tread title???????

Because she got owned in her own thread by "liberals".

edit on 17-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Robert Byrd

He filibustered against the 1964 Civil Rights Act and supported the Vietnam War, but later backed civil rights measures and criticized the Iraq War. He was briefly a member of the Ku Klux Klan in the 1940s, but later left the group and denounced racial intolerance.[10]

en.wikipedia.org...

He was a dinosaur dixiecrat.

Which is nothing like the democrats of today.......really more like the republicans, who are stuck in the 1950's. Particularly the Tea Party nuts.

edit on 17-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
IMO the issue is not that a kid can receive help to go to college. This guy abused the system. However I don't believe his abuse damages the economy more than the billions of dollars that corporations get away with each year. Why would the op choose this as an example? It would stand to reason if the op was really concerned about the economy they would examine the actual cause of the decline. Is this an attempt to portray a certain demographic as the problem instead of the real culprits?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

You might want to actually look at GE's financial statements.

Operations wide (globally), they paid 23.5% taxes.

Just, none in the US.

But who gave GE the bailout?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join