Long, longtime lurker here

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hello everyone! I've been lurking here for the past couple of years and I thought I'd finally just join. I go by "Ellen" on the internet, so hi! I'm Ellen.

On a normal day I have a healthy amount of skepticism, but I have also had a few unexplained experiences. I will admit that I have been labeled "mentally ill" so before treatment I tended toward extreme paranoia and, rarely, hallucinations and/or delusions. I accept that some of my experiences can be explained and dismissed that way, but there are a couple specific incidents that have been verified by the people with me at the time. I don't know if this is the forum to get into all that, though. I just know that not all of what happened to me is simply in my head.

Now that I'm older and more stable I want to sort through what has happened to me over the last decade or so and figure out what was real and what wasn't, and you guys seem to have lots of information and great discussions. I haven't participated in an online forum in a while, but over the past couple of weeks I've been itching to join in here, so here I am.

Thanks for having me, y'all.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellen84

Welcome Ellen. I hope you find what you're looking for.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Smiles, everyone, Smiles.

Welcome Ellen,
Enjoy your stay, you will probably find many here that can relate with your experiences.
If you have any questions just ask.

Peace
Quad

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Ellen84

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice & you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use (The complete and end all guide to our policies)

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***
ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! Be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let one of staff know by using the "Alert" function. This is for your safety, & for those both young and old on this ride with you.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellen84

Hi there!

I'm new too, and studying Psychology. My future profession teaches that seeing things that no one else can see is schizophrenic.

I disagree; there is a lot out there that people think does not exist, both physically and spiritually.

I hope this place helps you appreciate and trust what you believe in

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellen84

Hi,,, Happy you joined, Use that Tin-Foil Hat,,, it cuts down on those pesky voices

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kmstar

hey

Nice to meet you i am new here aswell, i will be going in my 2nd year of studying Psychology ... maybe we can chat add me as friend?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellen84

If you have been lurking for awhile then you know to not take everything or everyone seriously.

And don't accept their labels because it has gotten extremely snarky around here with teenage debunkers.

edit on 18-11-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

join