It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Quakes getting bigger.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The following E Q happened just 40 min ago, I have researched these for some time, and I can honestly tell you some odd things are going on out there, we are getting bigger E Quakes than early on in 2012 and more often happening, I have never seen so many plus 6 as I am seeing.

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 6.8
Date-Time

Friday, November 16, 2012 at 18:12:37 UTC
Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 05:12:37 AM at epicenter

Location 49.291°N, 155.445°E
Depth 4.9 km (3.0 miles) (poorly constrained)
Region KURIL ISLANDS
Distances

162 km (101 miles) SSW (198°) from Severo-Kuril'sk, Kuril Islands, Russia
471 km (292 miles) SSW (210°) from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy, Russia
1980 km (1230 miles) NE (35°) from TOKYO, Japan

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 15.1 km (9.4 miles); depth +/- 6.7 km (4.2 miles)
Parameters NST=328, Nph=334, Dmin=454.2 km, Rmss=0.92 sec, Gp= 40°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=7
Source

Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usc000dtr7

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

I have never seen so many plus 6 as I am seeing.

Then you aren't looking back far enough. I used to post on another board and would color code the USGS data to make it easier to read on a daily basis. About 4 years ago we had a period where we were regularly seeing 6.0 plus quakes at the rate of one to two a day for weeks at a time. We are now heading into another such active period and I do think it will outdo the period I mentioned from 4 years back.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

I have never seen so many plus 6 as I am seeing.

I guess I should say welcome back as you have obviously been on some distant planet considering there have been far fewer earthquakes of Mag 6+ this year than in many during the past decade.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Exactly, I'm kinda tired of hearing people screaming earthquakes without looking at facts.

2012 One of the quietest years for earthquakes in over a decade. Earthquakes are like rain, sometimes we get a lot at a time, other times we don't get any for a period of time

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by taws6
I noticed people rate the frequency of earthquakes we get by the number of posts or news headlines they read, but the truth is 2012 has been one of the quietest years for earthquakes.

Sorry this is not a doom and gloom thread and before I read another post saying "OMG we are getting so many earthquakes lately" lets look at some facts.

Below is a link to a chart of all 5.0-9.9 earthquakes since 2000 and it looks like in 2012 we had the least amount of 6.0-6.9 earthquakes in over a decade. I know we still have 2 months to go, but if you annualize the 2012 6.0-6.9 earthquakes you will get 109 earthquakes, the next lowest would be 2001 with 121 earthquakes. So this make 2012 the year with the least amount of 6.0-6.9 earthquakes. As far as other magnitudes, 5.0-5.9 we are about 200 below average, the average is 1655 and we are at 1455(annualized). For magnitudes 7-9.9 were are right at average. And the combined total number of earthquakes magnitude 5.0-9.9, average is 1819 and right now we are at 1579(annualized) so we are 240 average.

en.wikipedia.org...

I bet if we took 20 ATS members and have them start posting new earthquake threads, people would think the we are getting a lot of earthquakes. This is also how the MSM works, if they want the public to have a certain perception of something, they just fill the networks with that information and people buy into it. A perfect example of this is why Romney is winning the presidential race over Ron Paul, even though Ron Paul had a lot more intentions to help the 99%ers and Romney's main concern is the 1%ers that helped sponsor his campaign. Romney stated that he pretty much doesn't care for 47% of the population, even though it's probably closer 99% of the population and look how far he got. I see Romney/Ryan bumper stickers almost everyday on the cars of people who probably fall into the 47% that Romney doesn't give a crap about... this just shows you how brainwashed people are by the MSM.

Just wanted to point out some facts.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by taws6

Love the signature!!

You would be a wealthy man indeed.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

thanks, it seems like every time there is a new earthquake thread there are at least a few people who have to say it

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
2013 will see many quakes

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ninetysixufo

based on what ??? care to give any more details.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
seismologists are kind of like cops, if your life is in danger and you call them, they won't be there until after your life is either over, or you managed to save yourself. they just stop by to do the paper work and enter data and have no way of stopping or predicting anything. seismologists are a waste of time and resources, just like meteorologists, who can't reliably predict the weather past 2 days and less in some cases.

seismologists have been around for hundreds of years and all they can still do, is tell you the ground shook and how much, how deep. they cannot do anything to save lives on any remotely reliable basis.

my point, don't worry about earth quakes, they come and go and NO one knows when nor where, nor how many.

new topics

top topics

join