It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making Abortion Obsolete

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I wish that was legal now for Men NOT wanting the babies but women does.....

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
In a way this is potentially very creepy. Imagine in the future when capitalism gets its claws in it.

I can see it now, adoption centers much like the pet stores inside malls today, or for the higher income consumer more of a specialty race specific or even gene selection.

Like I said, potentially very creepy.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by Annee

I wish that was legal now for Men NOT wanting the babies but women does.....

I understand it - - - but its been only a few years that women have had control of their bodies - - - actually in my lifetime. And women were treated horribly before that.

Women have fought a long hard fight for their Rights.

I'm afraid men are gonna have to earn theirs as well.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jssaylor2007

Yep. There's a slew of creepy things that could come out of this. Makes me wonder where Dick Cheney got his heart.

Also, the movie "Avatar" comes to mind. Could we engineer our future bodies and project our consciousness into them?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Also, the movie "Avatar" comes to mind. Could we engineer our future bodies and project our consciousness into them?

Actually - - I think we already do

But that's a different topic - - isn't it.

I doubt an artificial womb would become the norm (at least not for hundreds of years). It's a tool. Like an incubator is a tool. Tools are good when you have the need for them.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It's a tool. Like an incubator is a tool. Tools are good when you have the need for them.

Yeah! Back to reality. It's a tool. It's just a tool. How we use it is up to us.

edit on 20-11-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I remember this Anime..

Where i think 200-300 yrs from now, Man started building colonies in space. Colonies are well.. Imagine a huge satellite but size of New York City. Anyway, these people were far into advanced Science, while people that stayed/grew up on Earth, used everything of Natural means(they still had other technologies).

These Space colony citizen, had the choice to emulate how their child would look like thru gene screening. and they can select pupil color, muscle mass, bone density, height, also as well as other talent such as Athletic(bigger lungs, lean muscle, flexible bone..etc) and other enhanced human talents.

The Earth and the Colonist soon grew far apart...because 2 "different" species, growing up away from each other(they are still human), they started war between each other. They have been far apart for long that it seems like Aliens to each other, as well as rumors each started about each other...

It is interesting... pick and choose you babies and its traits(from your gene pool).
edit on 11/20/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/20/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by jeantherapy

I can certainly understand people's reaction to the artificial womb as unnatural.

I doubt any of those "natural" believers would reject an incubator if they had a preemie.

Right!!??

It's all cold, unnatural science fiction until something happens to them or one of their loved ones. Then, they're all in!

I've made a firm and committed promise to the Earth to never reproduce, find some other guy to bust out your "preemies" argument on.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

You're a guy? How do you plan to hold your promise? Did you get a vasectomy? Is your wife/girlfriend somehow infertile? Gay?

Don't get me wrong, I'd admire your oath, and wish you the best. I hope that you can keep it.

But, I can't help but question why you would interject yourself into a discussion that will never effect you.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join