It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel prepping for strike on Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Conventionally speaking Israel has the advantage in technology and material but what bogs down that type of force is the unconventional asymmetric warfare. IE - Vietnam, Afghanistan, the American revolution against the Britts etc etc etc.

For a conventional force to overcome such a situation it is well known that a ratio of 10 to 1 is required. The Britts didn't want to commit that to the US revolution, The Soviets and US have both balked in Afghanistan and even at the height of the Vietnam war the US refused to commit the amount of men and resources required to obtain victory.

Combine Hamas and Egyptian forces and they'll number much more than 7,000...

Just saying is all.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

No they've been dealing with rockets forever and they can't get rid of them. More will just come in. This different reaction is because they have other intentions. They aren't calling up these reservists for a rocket attack. Even if it was a larger one with casualties, its still a commonality.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Where are u getting 7000? I've heard 17 to 75 thousand reservists. In addition to active duty which I'm pretty sure is every young Israeli.
edit on 16-11-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Nazis marching the earth once again ..
75000 reservists have now being called to march under Hitler errr i mean bibi order
how can the IDF listen to this angry puppet ..

so many poor brainwashed soldiers thinking they are doing the right thing

This man have put shame on my name

thats why he is called Bibi and not Ben

he is the son of the south in hebrew meaning
edit on 11/16/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Where are u getting 7000? I've heard 17 to 75 thousand reservists. In addition to active duty which I'm pretty sure is every young Israeli.

Reread my reply again...

Conventional forces required to obtain a victory over non conventional forces is a 10 to 1 ratio. Israel is calling up 70,000. At a 10 to 1 ratio that means that 70,000 is the number required to overcome an unconventional guerrilla force numbering 7,000

Combine Hamas and Egyptian forces and their numbers far exceed 7,000

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Are you contractually obliged to post these pictures every day, or in every Israel thread?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
reply to post by Ben81

Are you contractually obliged to post these pictures every day, or in every Israel thread?

Obliged .. is an understatement
has long i see threads making the same WW3 fearmongering propaganda for Bibi
to damage control what Israel regime is about to do (more mass murder)
yes i will .. or shame on me if i dont !

it work both ways .. im fed up seeing the same lies over and over again
so dont be surprise to that i repeat myself with these pictures

since you guys repeat yourself with lies everyday in every thread about Israel
at least im not a one liner off topic posters and i explain my self everytime i post

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

They called up the troops as a show of force. Granted, if we see casualties numbers rise, those troops will be marching forward I'd imagine. But marching into Iran?

I want to think that there will be restraint, but this has been a long time coming. It took Hamas to take over a country close enough to kick start things. Now, it's inevitable IMO.

They deserve each other...

I feel bad for individuals who allow for some pretend religion to dictate their world and allows good people to be sucked in and die because of it. Brainwashed into thinking that they 'belong' there... and others don't based on religion.

I find it damn near impossible to even comprehend, lets say, being Jewish and saying "This is where I belong, and all my Jewish friends must unite and move here, this is a Jewish state"

Or to say, "I'm a Muslim, this is a Muslim state, I support Sharia laws and I support destroying Israel on a religious basis"

Destroying people because they are Jewish?

I know there's a difference between Zionism and Judaism, Muslims and Hamas and Brotherhood... but rockets don't and that's what their shooting at one another.

this whole thing is just crap. and Israel wins

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Israel is getting ready to deal with Gaza a delaying action by Iran.

Iran tells hamas to stir the pot to buy them time to finish their "bomb".

Israel and Iran is not going to happen anytime soon.

Invasion of Gaza possibly looms, now if Israel and Hamas cool their jets maybe.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

so dont be surprise to that i repeat myself with these pictures that show us FACTS
at least im not a one liner off topic posters and i explain my self everytime i post

The more you post them the more people will get immune to them and skip past your posts. I do now.

I think they're counterproductive.

(and none of those pictures are facts, even in capitals).

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a round about way to striking Iran,

i would not be surprised if the US didn't confirm with Israel on this all, i would not be surprised if this was the plan all along, wait until the elections and then round about strike Iran

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by Ben81

so dont be surprise to that i repeat myself with these pictures that show us FACTS

The more you post them the more people will get immune to them and skip past your posts. I do now.

I think they're counterproductive.

(and none of those pictures are facts, even in capitals).

and your point is ?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

Former U.S. envoy to the Middle East George Mitchell told "CBS This Morning" the biggest danger to Israel in the current clashes was that they could draw in Hezbollah - a group backed by and present in Iran. Hezbollah has superior firepower to Hamas, and Mitchell says the group could hit almost anywhere inside Israel.

and draw in aid from the US?

a round about way of attacking Iran, without straight forward attacking Iran,

it seems the Us likes to go into invasion by way of 'Aid'

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This could get big and ugly rely fast Syria, Egypt, Iran,and Turkey not to mention Russia, all being involved in this. Egypt has a arms deal with Russia that could be brought in. Turkey could move on Syria, when Syria, makes its play, Egypt could say this was an attack on them, Iran could use the removed fuel form the reactor for a Nuke weapon.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
No because Iran will never strike first. Not even if they know its coming. If they did Israel would say they had no preemptive in the works and Iran would be admonished rather than Israel. Theu can't afford that with the west on their back.

I wouldnt be so sure...

Iran Threatens Pre-Emptive Strike on Israel

Iranian military commander Al-Alam
“Iran will not start any war but it could launch a pre-emptive attack if it was sure that the enemies are putting the final touches to attack it,”

The question then becomes what if Iran misinterprets Israel and ends up striking first by mistake?
In the Fog of war and political rhetoric anything can and has happened before.
edit on 16-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I highly doubt this news. They cite Reuters as the source, but there is no such thing on Reuters website!
www.reuters.com...

Can we find another source that is trustworthy or at least Iran-aligned that confirms this?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Russia and china should move troops and armor to the border of Iran.
then they CAN see that if they attack Russia and china Will be a big part of it.
this could stop it all. but maybe they dont wont to stop it.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
www.farsnews.com...

Here is the news from Fars about Iranian brigades being "ready to deploy to Gaza". It is a speculative article, meant obviously for home consumation, and no military source is cited, so I still wouldn't give it much credit. Also, they wouldn't be sending their troops just like that, first we would see Hezbollah get involved heavily.

Still, good to be noted.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Iran tells hamas to stir the pot to buy them time to finish their "bomb".

Do you believe Iran would nuke some country and risk most of the world coming down on them? I would think the US Congress would sign off on a war against them if that happened. That would be a better excuse then what is usually needed,

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Considering the 12ers run Iran and whose ideology is martyrdom yeah break a few eggs to make an omelet.
edit on 16-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join