It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel prepping for strike on Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Was just on FoxNews. Saying Israel is wiping out the long range rockets from Hamas in a prelude to an attack on Iran. These rockets have to be elimninated before the hit Iran and thats what they are doing right now.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
They'll end up duking it out with Egypt before that happens.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Sounds plausible , I could see this as a warm up for the Israeli military before they strike Iran plus they can weaken their main local opposition .

A source would be nice

edit on 16-11-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Something tells me it's not going to happen any time soon. Israel is going to be busy with Hamas for a while and who knows what might happen. They may be targeting them because they fear that Iran may jump in. Although, I don't think Iran would just sit idly buy as their weapons are destroyed. It would be a daring move... .

I just wonder who has Israels back... will Russia back them?

I'm going to have to say, "link or it didn't happen"

Addition: Is it just me or does the timing in relation to Hamas gaining power not make any sense as to why Hamas would engage in war with Israel.

Sure they've been around and possibly have all the friends they are ever going to get. But I can't imagine that Hamas can pull off any great coordinated strikes that will amount to anything. Then to include the US being an ally of Israel... just sloppy.

Maybe it's just a test and trying to get a couple shots in... but how many times can you poke the bear?

Who are Hamas' allies?

edit on 16-11-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Yep the commanders on TV said Israel HAD to wipe out the local rockets first before striking Iran...and thats what they are doing. Wouldnt be surprised to see Israel hit Hezbollah once things quiet down in gaza.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This news probably explains this thread. Iran is removing nuclear fuel from reactors with no explanation.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

It was commentator speculation.
Nothing written in stone as of yet, But an interesting point of conjecture to be sure.

Something worth watching.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Said my bit already in this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
They may be targeting them because they fear that Iran may jump in.

Which is the point of his thread.

Although, I don't think Iran would just sit idly buy as their weapons are destroyed.

Hamas has Iranian weapons? Who would have thunk

It would be a daring move...

Or

Defensive

I just wonder who has Israels back... will Russia back them?

I'm going to have to say, "link or it didn't happen"

Israel is striking targets, it's been widely reported by media sources.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

That makes a lot of sense. Hamas is funded by Iran. If they get rid of Hamas, they will have a clear ride to start attacking Iran. The pieces are starting to come together little by little. If Egypt doesn't get involved, I believe Israel will start attacking Iran as soon as they are done the new Palestinian war. It might take awhile though, they have called 75,000 (?) troops up? Stomp out the Palestinians and then move on to Iran. Smart move really, I don't agree with it, but, good planning.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

This whole thing with gaza is beingblown up for one reason, iran. They aren't calling up tens of thousands of reservists for Hamas. They're for Iran, bit Israel is trying to make it appear less conspicuous.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

This whole thing with gaza is beingblown up for one reason, iran. They aren't calling up tens of thousands of reservists for Hamas. They're for Iran, bit Israel is trying to make it appear less conspicuous.

Another thing I just thought of, what if Iran is causing this "distraction" to preemptively strike the Israeli preemptive strike? Get them fighting a war on two fronts. Persians invented chess didn't they?

link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Possibly.

But it's a prudent move on Israel's part if they end up getting into a slugfest with Hamas and Egypt simultaneously..

link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

This.

I think you're absolutley correct. As it's been said before, Israel has to clean house before it can go on vacation to Iran.

There's no way they need 16k reservists to take on Gaza.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

No because Iran will never strike first. Not even if they know its coming. If they did Israel would say they had no preemptive in the works and Iran would be admonished rather than Israel. Theu can't afford that with the west on their back.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yeah. Don't you think that amount of reserves is excessive for this? This is the kins of thing israel likes to do with ten guys in the dead of night. Not an army. Egypt might be able to run a sort of check for iran, but Egypt is in no shape to take on Israel even if they arw more committed now. They would try, but fail as they are fractured and no real match in the first place. I think Israel would like to nuke Egypt more than anyone else in the world no matter their beef with Iran.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

1. The OP suggest that Israel is going to attack Iran and taking out long range rockets first to support this.

I'm suggesting that the plan is not to go into Iran, but rather prevent the possibility of these rockets being used. I could be wrong though...

2. As to Russia defending them...

It's not like Israel doesn't provide military equipment to Russia. just sayin

3. "I'm going to have to say, "link or it didn't happen" "

Israel is striking targets, it's been widely reported by media sources.

I miss interpreted what the OP was saying... now that I re-read it, yeah... I get it, long morning. I some how read it that they were now targeting Iranian sites, which is exactly why I asked for sources and said it didn't happen.

Lets just hope that this is limited to Hamas trying to flex some muscle with their newly added support and that's it. I can't imagine that there are too many people that believe that Hamas has a chance(except supporters).

Who knows... I think we're supposed to believe that Iran has nukes and is going to destroy Israel and the US at any given moment. So yeah, why not get it started?(not asking)

One thing that we can be thankful for is Syria didn't fall in the hands of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Regardless... Iran, Egypt, Palestinians, AND Israel all have forms of governments and rationalizations for their being in power that is faulty. I mean cmon, a religion in government and a initiative to promote a specific religion.

faulty

edit on 16-11-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Caling up 75,000 troops is certainly an overkill it seems, unless they plan a major occupation that would lead to the Gaza strip being dissolved. In my opinion, I think they are getting their gears of war lubed for a major middle east confrontaion that INVOLVES Iran.
edit on 16-11-2012 by imagineering because: spell check

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Yep.. they are preparing for something big. Probably the Muslim brotherhood and Iran. They will lock down the Palestinians in a scary way. Gaza will really become a detainment camp instead of just looking like one. They will have mossad snatching Palestinians put of Gaza in a witch hunt and little Israel mighr start a global situation.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join