It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLASH: Iran has removed nuclear fuel from core of Bushehr reactor, IAEA says, gives no reason

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I had read last week that Iran announced they were ready to start testing at the Bushehr plant to they could go to full production in a few months. Then today, they suddenly remove the core.

My first thought was that it is safety related. Something happened (perhaps from another stuxnet?) to cause them to need to shut down fast.

My 2nd thought was that they think they are about to be attacked, as stated above.

Here is the article about their future plans...

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It is safe to say that Iranian intelligence know more than we do! Israel starts blowing up people, calling up reserve forces and generally preparing for war. Hell, I would move the crap myself rather than have it irradiate a city. I suggest that Israel are fooling no one and that Iran is getting ready to both defend itself and to counter attack.

Iran's leaders are not stupid ego maniacs. they know the score. They will inflict as much damage on their enemies as they can. Watch what happens to an occupying force. Its called blowback.

P

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Reuters Top News ‏@Reuters FLASH: Iran has removed nuclear fuel from core of Bushehr reactor, IAEA says, gives no reason Expand twitter.com...

Why would fuel be removed from a reactor?
Testing "potency" since it's new to the country?
Installation into a war-head?

Lots of questions, but IAEA has a right to know yes? That was part of the post-talks agreement?

CNN BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: U.N. nuclear watchdog: Iran not cooperating enough for agency to conclude nation is conducting "peaceful activities."

edit on 16-11-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

This what they need the PLUTONIUM for....any #@$^&%^ can see that...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It's for peaceful usage. (sarcasm)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well thank God they're doing this is all I can say. Fukushima Power Station sits less than 200 yards from open waters of the Pacific Ocean. The station at Bushehr is just over 500 yards from the reactor core to open waters of the Persian Gulf.

Personally, I think it should be considered an outright War Crime for *ANY* nation to attack a functioning Nuclear Power facility. However, Iran has outright been told, point blank, this facility WILL be hit. It's on the target list in capital letters and was the core basis for the main fight over their program now for many years. Iran just takes the West at it's word, apparently, to be insane enough to actually DO it. Well, Iran may have many problems, but good for them on this decision. It may have saved the Persian Gulf from the ignorance and stupidity of Western military strike packages.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't always agree with with the rascally Wrabbit but great informative post. Well done. Big star.

I think someone is taking a lesson from Fuki.

P

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stinka
reply to post by intrepid

Tbh I don't think Israel would do this, there would be international outcry and its a war crime

Since when can israel be charged of ANY war crime? They're the holocaust victims! Plus they're God's chosen people... WHO DARES QUESTION ISRAEL? They can do anything and everything and get away with it.

Meh... maybe someone cleans up that area someday. Rather sooner than later please, I want my children to be born in a world free from the poison of Israel.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
How do they know the fuel has been removed? Did they track radiation?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

What do you think they wanted the reactor for anyway?
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Seriously? Why does any country want a nuclear reactor / power plant for? Um...maybe for electrical power?

It really chaps my hide when people have a fit about Iran having a nuclear power plant, but have no compuction about more aggressive countries having hundreds of nuclear bombs, ready to go.

If our nuclear armament is supposed to be a "deterrent", then I imagine Iran feels the same way.

This is a false argument to get people to agree with a real war. Same as Iraq (remember the WMDs that were not there?).

Iran knows that Israel is salivating to start World War III. You're alluding to Iran being a threat is like you crying about a mouse on the floor when there's an elephant and a gorilla right in front of you.

I've no problem with Iran developing nuclear weapons, "we" have them so until "we" get rid of ours we can hardly dictate to any other nation.

That said, Iran wants nuclear power when its the fourth largest oil producer in the word?! Maybe, its immediately behind the US and produces roughly half the amount....

Oh dear, that is all the anti iran nuclear weapons obliterated in two paragraphs!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join