Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

FLASH: Iran has removed nuclear fuel from core of Bushehr reactor, IAEA says, gives no reason

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This thread has an interesting premise and might explain about Iran. No sources listed as of yet though.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

installation in a war heads .. are you serious ? (fear mongerer)
imagine if a bomb hit that nuclear reactor
they know what it could do to the surroundings
many km can be contaminated

the iranians dont want their country to turn into a chernobyl
or another fukushima .. Israel know exactly what it will do
if they destroy all the plants .. will kill slowly but surely many iranians
and the 30 000 jews living in Iran will also get affected by the radiations

edit on 11/16/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
CNN BREAKING NEWS UPDATE:

U.N. nuclear watchdog: Iran not cooperating enough for agency to conclude nation is conducting "peaceful activities."

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

U.N. nuclear watchdog: Iran not cooperating enough for agency to conclude nation is conducting "peaceful activities."

Iran not cooperating enough for agency to conclude nation is conducting "peaceful activities" or anything for that matter.

Is what it should have read. Talk about CNN fear mongering.

Edit: I realize this is a breaking story and they are working on it, but, the headline is to suck people into reading it, that much is obvious.
edit on 16-11-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Talk about CNN fear mongering.

You would expect anything different? The MSM is the media arm of the government.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Iran not cooperating enough for agency to conclude nation is conducting "peaceful activities" or anything for that matter.

Is what it should have read. Talk about CNN fear mongering.

Edit: I realize this is a breaking story and they are working on it, but, the headline is to suck people into reading it, that much is obvious.

What do you mean?

There are 3 sites the IAEA are not allowed to enter, and some areas of Nuclear Sites they ARE allowed to enter and inspect.

Yes, Yes. I know.. Israel won't let IAEA into their country. I get it. Israel never signed the NPT, as Iran did under the Shah, and had them since 1960 and never used them.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Sorry, I should have made myself more clear. They say that they can't conclude that Iran is using them for peaceful purposes making a person assume they are developing nukes. All I meant to say was that they have no proof one way or the other.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I hope it's prevention. If ever someone blows up the reactor at least it'll be empty. Let's hope that's the reason.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If my angry neighbors ( and one of then hate my guts) are throwing explosives at each others backyard I most certainly would take my gas cylinders out of my backyard. Especially if I know I can be next.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The willful ignorance on this thread is astounding.
People asking what they could do with the reactor material?
Really?
What do you think they wanted the reactor for anyway?
A reactor is not needed for a uranium bomb. You only need the centrifuges for that.
A reactor is for breeding plutonium.
Once they think they have enough plutonium in the fuel to do what they want to do, then they pull it and run it through a chemical process to remove the plutonium.

That chemical process is called the “PUREX” process.
en.wikipedia.org...

That is what they need for the much more compact and powerful plutonium bomb.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
The willful ignorance on this thread is astounding.
People asking what they could do with the reactor material?
Really?
A reactor is not needed for a uranium bomb. You only need the centrifuges for that.
A reactor is for breeding plutonium.
Once they think they have enough plutonium in the fuel to do what they want to do, then they pull it and run it through a chemical process to remove the plutonium.

That chemical process is called the “PUREX” process.
en.wikipedia.org...

That is what they need for the much more compact and powerful plutonium bomb.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

The pure arrogance of this post is astounding.
That is not needed. We are here to help people deny their ignorance. If you have useful information, share it.

Edit: For people like me, that didn't know about this, here is a link discussing the ways it can be used...hint...not only for nuclear bombs.
edit on 16-11-2012 by superman2012 because: took away the "shut up"

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Mr Tranny

Seriously? Why does any country want a nuclear reactor / power plant for? Um...maybe for electrical power?

It really chaps my hide when people have a fit about Iran having a nuclear power plant, but have no compuction about more aggressive countries having hundreds of nuclear bombs, ready to go.

If our nuclear armament is supposed to be a "deterrent", then I imagine Iran feels the same way.

This is a false argument to get people to agree with a real war. Same as Iraq (remember the WMDs that were not there?).

Iran knows that Israel is salivating to start World War III. You're alluding to Iran being a threat is like you crying about a mouse on the floor when there's an elephant and a gorilla right in front of you.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

What needs to be done is a demonstration of what one small nuke can do.
Make a mock up of the head ayatollah's house and nuke it, video it and tell the world that is that will happen to his house and anybody elses house, including the whole of Teheran.
If you are going to go to war, hit the opposition as hard as you possibly can, with everything at your disposal. Don't pussyfoot about.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam

What needs to be done is a demonstration of what one small nuke can do.
Make a mock up of the head ayatollah's house and nuke it, video it and tell the world that is that will happen to his house and anybody elses house, including the whole of Teheran.
If you are going to go to war, hit the opposition as hard as you possibly can, with everything at your disposal. Don't pussyfoot about.

Sorta doesn't fall in line with what Israel wants. They want what they have(nukes) but they don't want anyone else to have them and are willing to pull heartstrings all over the world to prevent it.....an even playing field. If WE stayed out of this the problem would either escalate dramatically, or Israel would calm down knowing their backs weren't covered.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

I would expect that they're moving it so as to keep it from being blown up in an Israeli attack on the facility. Netanyahu is on the war path and they know it.

This is what I am thinking.
they can drop it on them, if they attack.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I take this as an indicator that Iran believes an attack is happening soon. They don't want contamination from the rod material or them destroyed.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
C'mon, let's face realities:-

1. Removal for safety

Israel had long proven it was ready ANYTIME in the past few months to go ahead on its own to bomb those nuke sites.
Iran would have remove those rods if it was for safety sake. So this argument and logic of 'safety' is false.

2. Preparing for nuke, plutonium, dirty bombS for launch against Israel.

Hamas experiments of the Iranian Fajar missles upon distance capital cities had proven successful. The next stage is to launch WMDs upon those missles. No need to wait any longer, as both Hamas and the persian apostate infidel Khameni share the same common purpose - to kill innocent humans in order that they themselves live in deluded glory.

What is more likely?

The insignificant nobody me have no answer or solution,,,,except that I do know thousands will die soon, not by divine will, but evil man created wilfulness. The only solution I do have is all to pray....

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
What is more likely?

IMO? It's more likely that Israel will attack Iran with or without provocation. With or without a false flag. They're really good at that.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Yes, Yes. I know.. Israel won't let IAEA into their country. I get it. Israel never signed the NPT, as Iran did under the Shah, and had them since 1960 and never used them.

189 countries signed onto the NPT. Israel did not signed on because it is The Chosen One .

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
I take this as an indicator that Iran believes an attack is happening soon. They don't want contamination from the rod material or them destroyed.

Exactly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join