Another FB Post About Obama Causes Arrest. Now This One I Can Understand!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
From Huffington Post

Some people just don't know when to stop talking, or when to stop posting on Facebook.

Isn't that the truth!!!!

A Florida man was arrested this November after posting threatening messages about President Barack Obama on Facebook. When Secret Service agents came to question 28-year-old Christopher Castillo about his violent comments, The Smoking Gun reports that the situation quickly deteriorated.

The guy was upset about Obmacare, so this is what he had to say:

That’s the last straw, if he gets re-elected I’m going to hunt him down and kill him watch the life disappear from his eyes.

What an idiot!

According to the felony complaint report filed by the Secret Service, an agent asked Castillo what his actions would be "if the President was standing here right now?" The angry man didn't hold back his opinions, replying he would “bitch slap him, and beat the # out of him.” He also stated he would scream and call Obama a terrorist.

Now this one deserved to be arrested, because it wasn't just his wish that something happen to the President. He said what he said with intent!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Why would anyone say that, let alone on a public site on the internet. Then go on how much you want to assault the president to the secret services' face.

edit on 16-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
wow, freedom of speech will only carry/protect you so far.

blatant threats to anyone (let alone the POTUS) is a one way ticket someplace unfriendly...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
There's no evidence that the girl that posted those comments was ever arrested, just interviewed.

This guy, on the other hand? I won't even call him stupid, because he's not that intelligent.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

I guess he didn't read the reports about the other arrest for somebody saying that "maybe something would happen" to Obama.

The part that really amazes me is what the guy said the the SS man in reply to what he would do if Obama was standing right there!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
There's no evidence that the girl that posted those comments was ever arrested, just interviewed.

This guy, on the other hand? I won't even call him stupid, because he's not that intelligent.

Oh, my bad, I do believe you are right. I think that one is still under investigation though.

I got that this was another arrest based off of this thread:

ATS thread
edit on 16-11-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

lord......he didnt get the bush patriot act memo.....no freedom of speech anymore hello! any thing you say will be judged accordingly.

heres the dhs list of no go words...Cant say this

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

and heres another list NOTICE some words my overlap cant say this either

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Thanks for that, I am going to book mark it, but alas, I think I am already on somebody's watch list, probably all the rest of us here, too!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
invokes a deep need to make a fb post with allllllll the words and in parthesis put im just exercising my right to annoy the sheet out of you! good day DHS!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
What about the hundreds of people tweeting that they want to assassinate Romney?

www.infowars.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
You can't fix stupid.

Some people live so far inside their delusional bubble they believe this is only an exercise of their right to freedom of speech. A verbal threat constitutes an assault, (should the one making the threat have the means to carry it out.)

Secret service will typically follow up on public 'threats' like this, the retard's information is gathered and it is determined if, as an individual, he/she may pose a credible threat.

If that cannot be established, no arrest, and they will be logged in a national data base (NCIC). A red flag will pop up to law enforcement should there be any future encounter with the subject.

Law enforcement will notify the secret service the nature of the encounter. That info will be logged and the individual will be continued to be monitored.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Bwahahahaahaaha!

What the hell is wrong with this loser?I guarantee he thinks Obama stole his Facespace freedom too. Because before Obama, it was completely ok to post that you want to murder someone in office.

Some people are so incredibly stupid that I wonder how humanity has made it this far.

This guy actually wants to murder the president because the president wants all Americans to have healthcare. Wow.

What ever happened to personal responsibility and all the moochers who go to the ER sans insurance? Is that not in style anymore? Because the president is brown and he agrees with your republican sentiment, you have to murder him now?

If nothing else it is hilarious to see all the crazies reveal themselves.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by smkymcnugget420
What about the hundreds of people tweeting that they want to assassinate Romney?

www.infowars.com...

That's a great question. I think the SS is going to be busy for a very long time!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I wonder if everyone on FB posted a "POTUS better watch his back" message would the Secret Service just implode?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

They don't investigate threats against a presidential candidate. The law states that threats against the President are investigated, not threats against a presidential candidate. The Capitol Police investigate threats against anyone else.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

There is no freedom of speech when it comes to threats against the President, and hasn't been for a long time. It's a Class D felony to threaten the President.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Think of all the job opportunities created by this!

At least somebody might be hiring instead of firing after this re-election!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Think of all the job opportunities created by this!

At least somebody might be hiring instead of firing after this re-election!

Excellent idea!

Put America back to work, threaten the POTUS!

We'll get there sooner or later anyway. All paranoid government employees suspicious of everyone and everything.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

There is no freedom of speech when it comes to threats against the President, and hasn't been for a long time. It's a Class D felony to threaten the President.

There is no freedom of speech in when it constitutes an assault, (involving death or great bodily harm), to anyone.

To be 'arrestable', the threat must typically be in physical presence of the one being threatened..in most states.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2 >>

join