Report: More than half of Syracuse children living in poverty

page: 1
1

log in

join

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Syracuse (WSYR-TV) -- More than half of children in Syracuse -- 53 percent to be exact -- are living below the poverty line, according to a new report by the Fiscal Policy Institute.



The report shows Syracuse has higher poverty rates than most other cities. For all adults, 36.7 percent are living below the poverty level, while 53 percent of all children are living in poverty. Alice hopes other moms, living her dream, see the numbers as a warning.


WIXT

I find this unacceptable, deplorable, despicable, outright sick that we can send millions to nations across the drink while our own struggle every day to survive. Our children should not have to live like this, wondering where and when their next meal should come from.

This country is run by a bunch of fascist Overlords who care more about their own political gains then the people that they have sworn to represent.

Wake up Washington, this #$%@ is unacceptable, Charity Starts At Home!
They literally are making the gra$$ greener on the other side of the fence.


edit on 16-11-2012 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)




posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
New York can reap what it sows for all I care. You want socialist/communist rule, fiat-currency, corporate fascism, and crushing regulation with government dependence - this is the result.



posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq
 


Thats cold, its not the children's fault that they were born into economic challenged area, while it is the bureaucrats fault that their are no jobs here. they were the ones that sent everything out of the area because they want to tax the hell out of us.

Do you believe that the children should be left to flip the bill and tread the waters that they did not create?
edit on 16-11-2012 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
reply to post by ararisq
 


Thats cold, its not the children's fault that they were born into economic challenged area, while it is the bureaucrats fault that their are no jobs here. they were the ones that sent everything out of the area because they want to tax the hell out of us.

Do you believe that the children should be left to flip the bill and tread the waters that they did not create?
edit on 16-11-2012 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)


Is that not what every American believes? You cannot have a 1.5 trillion deficit year after year and not expect the children to reap the consequence. You think this is bad? It is going to get a lot worse. If you want it to change then stop voting for Republicans and Democrats and start voting for the person that will do the right thing even though it may cut off your government handouts.



posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I don't receive any handouts, and im not about to start, if need be i can live off the land, but im not a child.

While i know that most assistance is abused here, i don't think that the children should be the ones to deal with the mess that has been made.

I didn't vote to send our jibs over seas, and i certainly didn't vote to give foreign nations millions in aid.

The more you make them struggle the worse its going to get, they will be dependent on the system if that's how you teach them to be.

As for the voting, your preaching to the choir. But its going to take a lot more than a few independents getting seats.
edit on 16-11-2012 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I say screw Africa and the middle east, take care of our own first!



posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
The more you make them struggle the worse its going to get, they will be dependent on the system if that's how you teach them to be.


That is the plan. The more children which fall in to poverty with no expectation of finding work the more the government can push through the Homeland Security Youth Corp and come out as little brown shirts willing to do anything for their government paycheck. They are our future - the next generation of law enforcement.



posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

That is the plan. The more children which fall in to poverty with no expectation of finding work the more the government can push through the Homeland Security Youth Corp and come out as little brown shirts willing to do anything for their government paycheck. They are our future - the next generation of law enforcement.


Well i hope your wrong and deluded, but i do see it. If that's what this country comes down too trust me when i say this.......HELLO ARGENTINA!





new topics
top topics
 
1

log in

join