It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Swings Cat Over His Head in Backyard

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

The question is, when a duly elected government encroaches upon and neglects principles of the previous, do the People have the political power to do something about it?

i'll address that in a second. First though... CONTEXT.

Alex Jones is a mildly insane sociopath. He's also the figurehead of an alternative news empire.

In Alex Jone's mind, the US government has been co-opted and corrupted by "TPTB" those who rule from the shadows. Depending on what day of the week it is, it might be the illuminati, or the neocons, or whoever he's angry at during that period.

So the revolution he's talking about, is about restoring the power to the government by severing the strings from the controllers we don't see. He's not talking about revolution in the sense of storming the capitol and burning the whitehouse down.

That said... I believe it's right in the founding documents of the USA that once the government becomes corrupt and no longer serves the will of the people it was elected to govern, it is the DUTY of every american to over throw that government and create a new one. I also believe this is the directive that ties in with your right to bare arms.

The right to bare arms and the need to have a trained and armed militia is to create a bulkhead AGAINST the government becoming tyrannical.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
The original revolution was pushed in to existence by less than 15% of the population at the time.

Most people, whether loyalists or patriots just sat out the war anyway.

You would be back then making the argument that British rule is lawful.

British rule was lawful. The American Revolution was fought mostly for economic considerations and only partly for considerations of individual rights. A lot of the rights rhetoric of the revolution was enshrined later. I don't think "rights" were initial motivators in the cause but I admit that I have not studied this stuff at all.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Now that... in all of this temper tantrum throwing and talking about secession...

Petitioning the White House is nothing, talking about it blogs is nothing. That man has some seriously fanatical followers, that is worrisome. Also, I'm sure Ron Paul absolutely loved having his name dragged into that boat of crazy. Maaaaaaaaan what the dude won't do for a dollar, he is going to get some poor imbalanced person killed.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)
Like the crazed Paul followers,
Title is very misleading I was hoping for a video of him doing this..

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

A careful rereading of my posts will answer your question. I would never do anything.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Alex Jones a shill con-man. He is way too fat to be in any war....so he should shut up. If any sort of civil war broke out he'd take all his millions and leave the country.

edit on 16-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
That said... I believe it's right in the founding documents of the USA that once the government becomes corrupt and no longer serves the will of the people it was elected to govern, it is the DUTY of every american to over throw that government and create a new one. I also believe this is the directive that ties in with your right to bare arms.

The right to bare arms and the need to have a trained and armed militia is to create a bulkhead AGAINST the government becoming tyrannical.

Americans need to be reawakened to the importance of the conference. They are always rushing to the gun locker, when it would be more appropriate to rush to the stationery store to stock up on ball points and scratch pads.
edit on 16-11-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

The only reason I clicked was because I thought this nutter literally swung a cat over his head.

I consider this another "win" for the cats.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyntheticPerception

The only reason I clicked was because I thought this nutter literally swung a cat over his head.

I consider this another "win" for the cats.

I was casting a wide net.

I'm amazed that people actually think he would do that. Alex is nice. I guess it is spillover from his outrage over the oligarchs.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I see how you can make the connection between intellectual and violent revolutions. But i think the stakes are higher this time. Its not just Britain preventing America from declaring independence, this revolution is more focused on the used of money and central banks to destroy the worlds economic powers. This was something that the founding fathers did talk about, and many other presidents from Jackson to Lincoln gave speeches about. But it wasnt the centerpiece of the revolution and I think most people forgot that the system they were running from benefits those with wealth and greed and has no boundaries.
In order for a peaceful, intellectual revolution to occur, it would involve a majority of the people coming together under common concepts and working together to elect real third party leaders throughout the state and federal level. The people have to want and work for it, or else It may be come to a point where the country is falling apart and violence erupts. In that scenario, im pretty sure the leaders will be in a giant underground mountain base as the neutron bombs finish us off. But thats just some fictional crazy distopian future brought on by total economic collapse.
edit on 16-11-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tehdouglas

If one takes Jones' aims seriously, and I do, then one must begin to think strategically. In the original American Revolution there were firebrands like Jones, intellects like Tarpley and men of wisdom and probity like David Ray Griffin. These men gathered together to put forth demands and to consider what course of action to follow.

I think Alex is getting there but others will have to become active as well.

The thing to watch out for is the hijacking of the proceedings. Reference the "Tea Party", how it started and what it eventually became.

Another point is that the delegates to any sort of Patriot's Congress must be prepared to compromise and come to agreement on some fundamental demand. The areas in which they disagree and cannot come to agreement or compromise, must be deferred to a later time and will become the subject matter of the politics of the renewed American republic when it is established.

I've been on committees trying to do hard things. It is very difficult work that demands great reserves of patience and energy and diplomacy and shrewdness.

Renewing the American Republic will demand everything from every grassroots heavyweight that the American people can summon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join