It's ARMAGEDDON I tell ya!!!

you mean ARMACHITEN

sorry mate .. no more twinkies
switch to the MAYWEST

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by TheAngryFarm

Degenerate irresponsible parents?? Easy there guy... My brother was one of those laid off and he wanted to work and was willing to take another pay cut, unfortunately he was in the minority of the union... Stop with the name calling of these people, lots of them are now having to deal with this issue in tough economic times, they already were living on little and now have zero income coming in right around the holidays and the only thing you folks care to do is call them names on here...

Just pathetic....

If your brother was willing to say screw the unions then good on him. I'm sure there are a few in that situation and it sucks for them. Hopefully his eyes were opened a bit and in the future when the issue of unions comes up, he does nothing but give them a giant middle finger.

Pick up an extra present or 2 for his kids if you can afford it and stick mom and dads names on the label.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Utter nonsense.
2nd Line

Nothing nonsensical about it at all.

Unions are a huge part of why the middle class is dying. They are chasing jobs offshore because they want to be paid exponentially higher than they are worth.

Its hilarious to see that union are supporters are usually the same ones calling others greedy.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

In all fairness, the union blamed the shareholders for wanting to split up the company in the first place.

Of course, you'll take the side of the shareholders/big business types, won't you?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

This did not happen overnight. With 3 billion in debt? Sounds like management screwed this up.

link   

Originally posted by TheAngryFarm

Originally posted by jhn7537

Degenerate irresponsible parents?? Easy there guy... My brother was one of those laid off and he wanted to work and was willing to take another pay cut, unfortunately he was in the minority of the union... Stop with the name calling of these people, lots of them are now having to deal with this issue in tough economic times, they already were living on little and now have zero income coming in right around the holidays and the only thing you folks care to do is call them names on here...

Just pathetic....

If your brother was willing to say screw the unions then good on him. I'm sure there are a few in that situation and it sucks for them. Hopefully his eyes were opened a bit and in the future when the issue of unions comes up, he does nothing but give them a giant middle finger.

Pick up an extra present or 2 for his kids if you can afford it and stick mom and dads names on the label.

Yea, I've helped him plenty over the recent past.. He is my older brother (by 6 years) but I feel like he's my younger... I'm lucky to have a great "white" collar type job that pays me well and he works hard for little pay in a "blue" collar type environment... Well come Christmas, I will make sure that my niece and nephew both don't miss out on anything... And hopefully I can help find my brother employment soon, I'm calling in a few favors with a couple vendors of mine... Lets see if i can deliver for him..

link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Bull.

Companies are making more money then ever. They are sitting on their investments, like a dragon on a pile of gold, instead of investing in employees or the company.

My stbxh works for Advance Auto Parts, despite record income for the past two years, they have cut positions, cut employee hours, and cut bonuses.

Instead of people readily accepting the rhetoric that these companies can't afford to pay people, they need to see where the money is actually going, and it is usually to a few guys named "shareholders".

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Unions offer workers protections from overzealous employers. Have you ever worked for a company where your boss harasses you and uses every single little thing you do to try and write you up? I've worked for several. It was much better at the union job than the non-union job (of which I currently have) because the union had stewards that would go to bat for their fellow members.

I take it that you've never been part of an union in your entire life? If you have, I suppose it's understandable but remember, there are many different types of unions out there, big and small.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Interesting timing. After Obama's election. Is there a connection?

Oh well - - - wrong to let the bullies win as the pendulum swings in transition of how things are done.

I haven't bought any Hostess products for years. It doesn't affect me personally.

Someone will buy the "labels" - - - hopefully expand their plants to hire more workers.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yeah let's talk about bullies considering the majority of people in unions were never given the option to join one that is of course until right to work came around.

Now wonder why right to work came about?
edit on 16-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Ohoh .. now its the apocalypse has we know it
hide the thread from this guy :

Worth pointing out.. In the beginning of that video... When they get into the Hostess truck and there is a camera shot from the inside......

IF you look on the right hand side... there are twinkies.. in the truck...
edit on 16-11-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

"Right to Work" is a newspeak term for "Low-Wage Slavery".

Don't be fooled.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Meh
I prefer drakes anyhow.

Unions need to know when to fight and when to not. when math is involved, you must give..a union represents the interest of the employees, and it is not their interest to lose their jobs...its not a money grab, its a fair contract that helps both the company and the people...some unions have lost their ways and should be restructured or dissolved and replaced with those who understand this.

I personally think profit sharing is a great way to go with companies..let the employees have a stake in the company being profitable...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

LOL
you have good eyes .. i think you are right
i was looking at woody throwing a tantrum

but they are hard to see in the dark shadow
i do agree they look like more like twinkies then snowballs

the production crew probably put there on purpose like a inside jk
that if you look more closely you will always find what you want ?
edit on 11/16/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ok everyone, find yourself a ladies finger or small cake mold. Get yourself a copycat twinkies recipe and go to work. Find your friend or coworker or someone with a major twinkie addiction and you'll be dealing them out like a druggie!
Really though, twinkies are ok but they could be made at home with so much better ingredients. You could add some actual flavor to them. Twinkies are just...well sweet...there is a sort of flavor I guess.

I guess some people prefer that classic flavor. But I think it would be better with something. Maybe get some real marshmallow extract for the filling. Maybe some real butter and vanilla? I don't know. It wouldn't taste like a twinkie then. It would be better but different.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

Hilarious considering having been in a union I know what slavery is high senority and if you don't have it your nothing.

Class warfare from top down.

Oh and BTW:

Individuals in right-to-work states generally earn higher wages than those in forced-unionized states, according to research by the National Institute for Labor Relations Research. In 2008, individuals working in states with 10 percent or more of private-sector workers subject to unionization laws earned cost-of-living-adjusted weekly wages of $770, on average. In right-to-work states, or states with low rates of private-sector unionization, individuals earned $818 weekly, on average, adjusted for the cost of living. This means that, for 2008, workers in right-to-work state earned nearly $2,500 more for the year than their forced-unionized worker counterparts. Read more: The Average Wage in Right-to-Work States | eHow.com www.ehow.com...

edit on 16-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I think that the unions should buy the company out of bankruptcy and then they can give themselves unlimited raises, lifetime pensions + healthcare, and any other goodies that they can think of. Obviously the unions know how to run a company, so now it's time that they can prove it.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag

Unions offer workers protections from overzealous employers. Have you ever worked for a company where your boss harasses you and uses every single little thing you do to try and write you up? I've worked for several. It was much better at the union job than the non-union job (of which I currently have) because the union had stewards that would go to bat for their fellow members.

I take it that you've never been part of an union in your entire life? If you have, I suppose it's understandable but remember, there are many different types of unions out there, big and small.

Nope, never been part of a union, nor would I ever. Actually turned down jobs in Vegas solely because they were union. I make myself indispensible at my job, so no matter what middle management thinks of me, upper management would murder them if they ever thought of firing me. Unions are a bastion of losers, degenerates, and just plain lazy asses. Surely not 100% of union members are that way, just the overwhelming majority are.

Unions are just like religion. They are only about 2 things, money and power. Both are useless, and the nation would be much better off without either of them. There was once a time and a place for unions, and now that time has long since passed thankfully.

As I said before, unions and government are the 2 biggest reasons why the middle class is a dying breed. Unions want some illiterate fool for get paid $25 an hour for turning a wrench, and if the company refuses, unions throw a tantrum akin to a 2 year old. They whine, cry, scream, kick, and complain loudly that they are being taken advantage of. Then they take their ball and go home until they get their way.

Well thanks to that irresponsible behavior, now 18,000 people are out of jobs a month before christmas. Way to go unions.
edit on 16-11-2012 by TheAngryFarm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by neo96

"Right to Work" is a newspeak term for "Low-Wage Slavery".

Don't be fooled.

Lol are you serious with this crap?

Right to work means the business owner doesnt have to give in to extortionary demands meant to fill the union bosses pockets with even more money to donate to democrats.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
If you do some checking into this Hostess is just as much to blame as the Union for this shut down.

In a Joint Plan of Reorganization and related Disclosure Statement filed in October by Hostess with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, the company included detailed information regarding labor agreements, the treatment of claims and interests, the company’s business plan, and events leading up to and during Hostess’ Chapter 11 cases. Among other things, the plan states that Hostess’ union employees will be subject to an immediate 8% wage cut in year one, with modest increases in the years to follow, as well as a 17% reduction in health and welfare benefits. Hostess also will withdraw from multi-employer pension plans (MEPPs) followed by a freeze on pension contributions for two years and reduced contributions thereafter. “Our members have fought hard for decades through the collective bargaining process to build a decent standard of living for themselves and their families,” Mr. Hurt said. “The deplorable actions taken by Hostess would take our members back to the workplace standards of the 1950s. “. “Our members have now said no to Hostess and the Wall Street investors in the only means available to them, the strike. The B.C.T.G.M. International Union stands in full and uncompromising support of our striking members.”

Union initiates strike against Hostess Brands

Bold for emphasis. Working standards of the 1950s? If only. Imagine the purchasing power in 1950! Smaller parasite class then like union reps and lawyers. No wonder this guy was "fighting" for the cause.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join