It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza cease-fire collapses, Egypt PM backs Palestinians as Israel drafts 16,000 reservists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Just found this not too long ago. In my believe I think if Egypt gets involved Israel will ask the US to step in and help. If that is the case it will be very bad in the long run. China and Russia are just wanting for an excuse to put America in the cross hairs. To think about such a thing is just mind boggling. For once can America keeps its nose out of someone else's war, or will the thought of over running Iran completely and reaping the OIL benefits just too much to sit by?

By NBC News and wire reports Updated at 7:34 a.m. ET: Israel started drafting 16,000 reserve troops on Friday as Egypt’s prime minister visited the Gaza Strip to show support for Palestinians amid a cross-border conflict with Hamas militants that risks spiraling into an all-out war.

What do you guys think?

source

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I agree this has the potential to turn really ugly really quickly. All it will take is for something to happen to the Egyptian Prime Minister while he's in Gaza today. If that should come to pass, Eypt will be in there with both feet.

I'm not so sure the US would be at the beck-and-call of Isreal should that happen and I really don't believe that Russia and China have the US in their crosshairs . . . can't see what benefit would come from that.

Now, if Iran was add their match to this powderkeg, that's when all bets will be off and I'll be preparing to kiss my fat patootie goodbye!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
If Egypt were to get involved you can bet Israel will be crying for America to get involved. But Obama should stand fast and tell Israel you started it you finish it.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Obama should stand fast

I'm sorry...but this made me chuckle!

Anyway...I don't see American involvement in this...at least not anytime soon!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
IMO, The US cannot back Israel on this one for the simple reason Turkey will not stand by and allow another Cast Lead, and that could lead to problems within NATO.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Lobbing missiles at Tell Aviv?Yeah good move.The IDF will flatten Gaza now,no doubt.Yes that means ground forces.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
China will run out of gas in there fishing boats before they reach U.S

And Russia, The army generals and majors will shoot there own men for turning back as waves and waves of galloping horses with infantry drown in the Atlantic Ocean
edit on 16-11-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster
I agree this has the potential to turn really ugly really quickly. All it will take is for something to happen to the Egyptian Prime Minister while he's in Gaza today. If that should come to pass, Eypt will be in there with both feet.

I'm not so sure the US would be at the beck-and-call of Isreal should that happen and I really don't believe that Russia and China have the US in their crosshairs . . . can't see what benefit would come from that.

Now, if Iran was add their match to this powderkeg, that's when all bets will be off and I'll be preparing to kiss my fat patootie goodbye!

Two weeks ago i would have agreed with you 100% But Iran has came forth and said that they do not agree with the bombing of Gaza, calling it "organized terrorism." We all should know by now that Russia and China are trading weapons and technology with Iran for oil. Below is a statement made by Iran"s Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast.

source

I think if US go's in then so will Iran followed by China and Russia, they wont set by and let America have a chance to point the "Terrorist finger" towards Iran as they did so recently in the past in the Iraq Afghanistan war. Both those countries stand to lose alot if Iran was to be targeted next by US and our allies! But please guys understand guys this is only my personal opinion.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Rubbish! If Egypt gets involved, well, Egypt is a piece of cake for the IDF....Egypt has no airforce (at least whats left of it which is pretty much almost non-existant).......

who ever controls the skies, controls everything....and the IAF has full control over most of the Middle Eastern skies

The Egyptian PM HAS to support Hamas, they have no other choice or Egypt burns by their own people
edit on 16-11-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by RangerClark29

Don't worry about Iran for now. They can't take Iran until Assad is gone and Hamas & Hizbollah are taken care of!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

This (in Gaza) will be all over within a week or two at most

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
16k reservists to handle little old Gaza??????????????????

does anyone else find that odd? when you look at the tech gap between the countries it's like calling up the fire department to blow out a candle. nutenyahu is a very sick man who needs to get his ass kicked, i just hope the people of israel soon oust him because his dark heart is going to get them all killed.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Rubbish! If Egypt gets involved, well, Egypt is a piece of cake for the IDF....Egypt has no airforce (at least whats left of it which is pretty much almost non-existant).......

who ever controls the skies, controls everything....and the IAF has full control over most of the Middle East

Egypt has over 200 F-16cs, and 35 Apaches. I think they even still fly some Phantom F4s.

Not exactly 'no air force'.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

who ever controls the skies, controls everything....and the IAF has full control over most of the Middle Eastern skies

The Egyptian PM HAS to support Hamas, they have no other choice or Egypt burns by their own people
edit on 16-11-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

Rubbish you say ????

Egypt Vs Israel stats

And maybe find out what air defences Egypt has....

Egyptian Air Defense Command

There will be no more pieces of cake for IDF

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Egypt is already involved - so is Turkey for that matter.
My question is whether the Egyptian tanks rolling towards the border are to protect the people of Palestine - or to contain them from entering Egypt.
As far as the USA getting involved: we'll just send arms and money if anything.

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Egypt is in no position to do much other than talk or seek action through the UN. if it dares to get involved militarily; it becomes a criminal aggressor in a matter that is none of their concern.

the only thing that the world is about to see is what it looks like to have nation states on strong leashes.

if Egypt cared so much about Gaza they'd disarm Hamas themselves.

its refreshing that the level of hypocrisy in current events is clear for all to see.

who will Hamas call upon to save them now?

edit on 16-11-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

who will Hamas call upon to save them now?

lol you're joking right?

you do realize that over 90% of the Mideast and northern Africa are muslims right? when push comes to shove the brotherhood will stand together, whether right or wrong in their convictions. several of those countries have nukes as well and when i see israel going in deep and using nukes, i see the escalation into nukes being taken by both sides, you know for Allah and all.

when the dust settles you will see many people dead on both sides, but israel will be gone and what's left of the muslims will take over and rebuild.

i think israel would be wise to shut up and live their lives in peace with what they have. i don't support either of them btw, it's just how i see it playing out.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Where is Hezboillah?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Where is Hezboillah?

In Lebanon, where do you think they should be?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Hamas, and anyone that would come to their aid, is now fighting something that is resistant to dirt based monkey weapons, such as nukes.

"It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

Hamas is going to need to master time travel before this month ends if they want to survive.

when the dirt settles...their won't be all that many dead and this child's game will be over.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join