It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka: This Whole Fiscal Cliff Thing Is Manufactured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

During a speech today in Washington D.C., AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka called the looming debt disaster a "manufactured crisis" and said "there isn't a fiscal cliff."

He apparently thinks the massive tax increases for the middle class and "the rich" won't really affect much of anything !!!

Well IMO, this may be part of the Democrat strategy to let the old "Bush tax cuts" expire, and have the agreed to spending cuts take effect in January, and let the economy have bad consequences like a recession and higher unemployment.

The main goal IMO, is to set up the classic "blame game" aimed at Republicans and boil the stew to capture a House majority and keep the Senate majority in the 2014 elections.

They will do everything possible to eliminate any checks & balances that still exist in Congress.

We already know that tax increases on "the rich" and/or the middle class won't put a dent in the national debt, and it sure won't curb the wild spending.

But then again, I'm not really sure what Mr. Trumka was talking about !!

"There is no fiscal cliff," Trumka says in prepared remarks to the National Mediation Board Conference in Washington on Thursday. "What we’re facing is an obstacle course within a manufactured crisis that was hastily thrown together in response to inflated rhetoric about our federal deficit."

source 1

source 2 with more details

I have yet to hear any suggestions from Washington about placing a spending limit based on revenues.....has anyone said that ?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I don't know.. I sense much cloudiness here.. What if they wanted the financial crisis to be even worse than now, and they are trying to make it look inevitable? I mean it is inevitable anyway, but if there was a cliff it was way back in the past. We are just floating in the air, right over a target I might add. Whether they throw us an anvil to hold onto or not we are still falling too fast to ever recover..

The Math just doesn't work.

Have you checked out this thread?

Middle east is distraction, financial cliff a lie(not actual title)

edit on 11/16/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

That point of view does have some points worth looking in to.

The whole deal might be hidden international banking agendas ?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Yes, I agree. Alfred Pike said eloquently," Out of Chaos, Order"
TPTB,NWO, Banksters, what ever you want to call these illegitimate children of greed, are unfolding their plan before our eyes.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Overdose: The next financial crisis (2012). An interesting documentary that resumes the economical events since 2001 their impact, the players and consequences even predicting the final collapse of the dollar and with end of the world economy as we know it. Possibly even resulting in the end of the nation state. A bit outdated but very well presented, I noted a bit of an error in regards to the loans to the US auto industry but the idea presented still remains valid. (a more updated article, Welcome To The Nuthouse: How Private Financial Fiat Creates A Public Farce at zerohedge.com (2012-11-13) provides a overview over the lemming like attitude of governance to abjure reality)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Why in the hell does Obama keep inviting this idiot back to the White House?

Trumka made the EXACT same statement last year.

I guess Trumka will wake up when the only thing manufactured in this country are his own statements.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The Federal Debt was created from nothing.

Only Congress has the authority to coin/create money. They created a Private Bank that Congress now has to borrow money from and pay INTEREST back on money they borrowed. Wait.....only Congress can create money......so why do they have debt to pay back interest on money borrowed 30 years ago that was used to make turds?

The debt is indeed fake. They use it to trick people out of their money so only a few people control the wealth of the nation and can survive.

Besides, the Federal "Debt" is nothing to the Hundreds of Trillions in the Bonds America's have been paying into since 1950 for auto insurance. Generation after generation paying paying paying. Who controls those Trust Funds? The same people playing American's for suckers.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I'm not buying it.

After talking to a friend recently, he received a letter from the IRS saying he owed back payroll taxes for a company he closed 20 years ago.

top topics

join