It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart Black Friday Nationwide Walkout

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Just thought I would take a look at some of the benefits.

Health & Well-Being Benefits

•Consumer-directed health plans, including Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) plans and a high-deductible plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA). Highlights include: •100 percent coverage for eligible network preventive care
•$4 co-pay on thousands of eligible generic drugs
•Maternity Program – personal support network before, during and after pregnancy

•HMO plans (available on a location-by-location basis)
•Dental insurance
•Free confidential counseling and health information service
•Quit Tobacco program
•Company-paid life insurance for associates; optional and dependent life insurance available
•Accidental death & dismemberment insurance (AD&D)
•Critical illness insurance
•Accident insurance
•Short- and long-term disability insurance
•Associate Eyewear Program

Financial Benefits

•401(k) plan
•Associate Stock Purchase Plan
•Associate Discount Card: various discounts in-store and online at Walmart.com, including 10 percent off fresh fruits and vegetables for Walmart associates/annual membership for Sam’s Club associates
•Exclusive discounts on travel, entertainment and more
•Military differential pay

More here.
www.buzzle.com...
edit on 23-11-2012 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

Then you're lucky. The Wal-Mart my other half worked at used all the fun tactics. Manager "counseling" was just a way to intimidate the hell out of the workers, etc. They treated their workers like crap, and paid them worse. Somehow she got full time, but was one of the very very few that did. I think mostly because she refused to call off, and showed up even when there was snow on the ground (small town where the rumor of snow shut everything down).

The thing about Wal-Mart where we used to live is that it's the biggest employer in the town, so there wasn't much choice but to try to work there. I actually applied there, to get out of the job I was in. Their managers are idiots. One of their HR people told me that I was what they called "Tier 2", which meant I couldn't even reapply to work there for a year, and couldn't be hired. Three weeks later, when I was training for a much better job, I got a call from them wanting to know if I was still interested in the job.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

You can't get benefits most of the time. Or not the full benefits package. They offer limited benefits to part time employees, and the full benefits package to the full time employees. Then they hire everyone as part time, work them up to 40 hours a week, and give them the partial benefits package.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by elijah11
I am strongly against any corporation that chooses to be open on Thanksgiving day. Rather than simply boycotting them however, I plan to make my statement by going to my local Walmart on Thanksgiving evening to fill up several (read: as many as possible) shopping carts full of frozen foods and small cosmetics items while acting as a legitimate shopper. I will then dump these carts off, choosing to "change my mind" and costing them tens of thousands if damaged merchandise and labor costs restocking emptied shelves. Have fun paying to re-stock the entire cosmetics department. Happy Thanksgiving!

It's actions like yours that will simply cause prices to increase for everyone else or cause people to get sick should someone decide to stick those frozen foods back in the cooler.

It's really a shame that you would prefer to do something hateful rather than positive with your time and your life.

Rather than being foolish and wasting time being distructive, try taking a few pies or flowers to and assisted living center. It would put a smile on some old folks faces and maybe even your own.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
So did anyone walk out?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

They have in Texas. I haven't really checked on any other ones.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'd hope given how hard it is to find work that the employees stay unless they have another job lined up. Took me 2 years to find my job at a fast food joint, 8.25 an hour, 30 hrs a week. With taxes out, I'll make about 700 a month. Yes, I'm in govt housing and my rent rose cuz of my job to 214 a month, and im sure my food stamps will be dropped a lot as well. Least housing pays my electric bill else I'd have to get a room mate for sure. I'm almost 40 btw. You do what you gotta do to survive. To me 700 a month take home is MUCH preferred over the 0 I was getting before. I'm beyond grateful. Not to mention my boss is a godsend. I worked for my first week and all my medical crap came up - they're giving me a total of 3 months off for all the surgeries I have had/am getting since starting. I still have to pick up my first paycheck which is 166 dollars. I'm so proud of that check tbh. It was about..... i dont know, I want to say about 20 some hours? Couldn't tell you. It was a month ago I last worked, seems like.

"People b fools" to leave their job for any reason unless they have another set to go. It's just too hard to find work lately.

PS I get no insurance from my work. You must be upper tier mgmnt to get it and even then it is atrocious insurance. Us regular employees don't get a thing. Insurance is so needed too by everyone.
It's one thing I'm grateful to obamacare for. we WILL have insurance. I wont be on medicaid too much longer and i have a few dental issues I need taken care of asap as well as this major surgery.
edit on 23-11-2012 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Have you read my previous post that increasing Walmart employee's annual income from 15-21k a year to $25,000 a year would only cost the average consumer $8 a year?

It would only cost Walmart 1% of it's profits, and in the end raise over 700,000 people above the poverty line. Walmart actually hands people paperwork for food stamps in some locations when you are hired.

We the customers and tax payers are on the hook for the greed of the CEO's.

ETA: Retail makes up 70% of our economy, and sadly retail jobs are now the new manufacturing jobs of this country.
edit on 23-11-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Double post

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

Have you read my previous post that increasing Walmart employee's annual income from 15-21k a year to $25,000 a year would only cost the average consumer $8 a year?

It would only cost Walmart 1% of it's profits, and in the end raise over 700,000 people above the poverty line. Walmart actually hands people paperwork for food stamps in some locations when you are hired.

We the customers and tax payers are on the hook for the greed of the CEO's.

What does that have anything to do with what I said to someone else?

I replied to this post:

Originally posted by elijah11
I am strongly against any corporation that chooses to be open on Thanksgiving day. Rather than simply boycotting them however, I plan to make my statement by going to my local Walmart on Thanksgiving evening to fill up several (read: as many as possible) shopping carts full of frozen foods and small cosmetics items while acting as a legitimate shopper. I will then dump these carts off, choosing to "change my mind" and costing them tens of thousands if damaged merchandise and labor costs restocking emptied shelves. Have fun paying to re-stock the entire cosmetics department. Happy Thanksgiving!

My reply to the above:

It's actions like yours that will simply cause prices to increase for everyone else or cause people to get sick should someone decide to stick those frozen foods back in the cooler.

It's really a shame that you would prefer to do something hateful rather than positive with your time and your life.

Rather than being foolish and wasting time being distructive, try taking a few pies or flowers to and assisted living center. It would put a smile on some old folks faces and maybe even your own.

Consider the advise above. Better to make good use of your time than gripe about something you have no control over.

Do you even work or have you ever worked at Walmart?

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join