It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oldest Stone Spear Tips Found: 500,000 Years Old

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by olddognewtricks
what exactly the hell were we doing for the first half million years or so??????
This thread tells us we were breaking stones and tying them onto the ends of sticks. Did you not get that? Harte
It's called 'making a living'. The irony? Anthropologists tell us that our hunter-gatherer forebears spent less time a day doing so than we do today. Hmmmm...perhaps evolution IS over-rated?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

750,000 year old axe wow... Shows you how much we really don't know.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kerafyrm
reply to post by Hanslune

750,000 year old axe wow... Shows you how much we really don't know.

Well the oldest known bifaces (the more PC name for a hand axe - chopper) is 1.6 million years old

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by olddognewtricks
what exactly the hell were we doing for the first half million years or so??????
This thread tells us we were breaking stones and tying them onto the ends of sticks. Did you not get that? Harte
It's called 'making a living'. The irony? Anthropologists tell us that our hunter-gatherer forebears spent less time a day doing so than we do today. Hmmmm...perhaps evolution IS over-rated?

Some anthropologist have declared that the freetime is an energy saving cultural adaptations - good to know laziness and procrastination have a good basis

Remaining HGs does have advantages and many disadvantages - which is why it has both lasted so long and why many have abandoned it

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Great finding but this makes me wonder how much we have invented,discovered and achieved in the past two centuries.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It's not that old!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninetysixufo
It's not that old!

Yes after that thoughtful fact filled statement I have contacted the four authors of the paper and they agreed and will issue a correctionpointing to it actually being 499,985 years old

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I don't know where I stand on this.

I hate when they tie the actual rocks they found onto sticks which subtly makes people think that the sticks were found with the 'spearheads'.

I think we should wait for the revised C-12 dating system to come out before we start jumping to conclusions. A small variation could impact the results by thousands of years.

That being said this is just proof that if these were indeed made by men, and not ancient aliens who crash landed here and then genetically engineered us be intelligent enough to pull pranks on with crop circles, that the history books have some updating to do.

Sure wish the (Norman) Dodd Commission was widespread knowledge so we could actually address these matters unbiased by TPTB.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli
I think we should wait for the revised C-12 dating system to come out before we start jumping to conclusions. A small variation could impact the results by thousands of years.
Carbon dating won't work...too old. The shafts are just part of the experimental archaeology and didn't come with that package. From what I'm hearing, the jury is still out on the points as coming from spears, though lance tips has been suggested.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli
Carbon dating won't work...too old. The shafts are just part of the experimental archaeology and didn't come with that package. From what I'm hearing, the jury is still out on the points as coming from spears, though lance tips has been suggested.

Ahh thank you I misread the core samples from japan as 528,000 instead of 52,800.
Also its C-14, wow I should not post when I am remotely intoxicated.

www.the-scientist.com.../articleNo/32886/title/Refining-Carbon-Dating/

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Stop teasing and post your threads already, there among the best thing on the site.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

it really matters not if you are intoxicated or not.
in fact being intoxicated will let you fit in whit
those intoxicated on the aroma of their faith filled
mental meanderings about evolution.
which is not science, it is faith.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Slayer, you have yet to let me down. Every thread you make is something truly wonderful. S&F mate, Effing brilliant.

I can't help but wonder what this all means for us? Are we slowly beginning to unravel the hidden truth, or are we slowly being allowed to know for some other yet unknown reason ?

Are you perhaps the supreme over seer? I errrr... Haven't been mining, so those 500,000 years in back gold tax.. I'm gonna need an extension.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join