It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oldest Stone Spear Tips Found: 500,000 Years Old

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIceQueen

But hey there are also remains of them dating back to around the time of the creation of these little stone tools (around 500,000 years ago) but.. eh, another problem there.. You see they were still found thousands of miles away from South Africa, let alone even in Africa at all, the fact being that NO fossil remains of Homo Heidelbergensis have been found in Africa.. Even if they were to be at two extreme distant and opposite locations at the same time period, let alone having been FAR, FAR out of africa in the British Isles 200,000 years before

What exactly are you talking about ThelceQueen?

Of course there are HH sites in Africa - your propaganda is many years out of date

Bodo d'ar

Bodo d'ar

Broken Hill (Kabwe)

Broken Hill (Kabwe)

there is not a general agreement at this time as to how all Homo heidelbergensis fossils should be classified. Some paleoanthropologists prefer to classify the more recent ones as archaic humans. Likewise, some of the earliest Homo heidelbergensis are classified as Homo antecessor or even late transitional Homo erectus

This confusion is caused by HH being a transitional classification of people evolving from an earlier form to a later form of human

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
FOR Evolution to be true,
we need evidence of transitional
life forms, like from a fish to a bird.
Or from an ape to a human.

The problem with the fossil record is that it supports the sudden
and spontaneous appearance of multiple and completely different
life forms.

By demanding that evolution be true,
so that immorality can be embraced with impunity,
you resort to a more closed mind and faith filled noggin than
religion ever did.

Show, test, experiment on evolving something in the here and now time.

The Origins and Creationism forum is that >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>way

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer, am I imagining things, or have there been several finds in just the past few years that keep pushing time lines back far beyond what was previously considered consensus? Is there a pattern emerging here?

It seems like, as a species, we may be on the brink of a historical paradigm change.

That's been my stance for years as well.

I liked what Harte has mentioned earlier about how some of the earlier Homo-cousins may have been seafarers and built simple stone structures and now obviously tool users.

If they were creating Spear tips then they were probably using other stone tools to butcher their kills and skin the prey using sinew to tie off stone tips or stitch skins together is considered by some as the earliest beginnings of Domestic fabrication.

No sign as of yet of those activities....

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Good morning, how was the sleep. You may start rethinking history and evolution as it seems scientists in their majority decided to take a theory, make it a fact and not leave the door open for anything that may differ from their 'fact'.

You may start rethinking history and evolution as it seems religious people in their majority decided to take a theory, make it a fact and not leave the door open for anything that may differ from their 'fact'. To the point of killing or imprisoning those that disagreed with them, better yet their isn't one version of their 'theory' there are thousands and they all disagree with one another, lol

The Origins and Creationism forum is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>that way
edit on 17/11/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Are those the actual pics?

I find it hard to believe because of the organic matter of binding and the shaft itself being organic, Unless the shafts are petrified?

Can skin (leather) show up as petrified?

SnF/

Peace

Not to be rude but...

They're 500,000 years old. What do you think?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Show, test, experiment on evolving something in the here and now time.
Gee, to find some sort of equivalency, one would require a large sample with a very rapid life cycle.
Like bacteria.
Which evolves.
Which is why they become drug-resistant.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
I wonder how many times humans have invented something, only to have it lost to history...

I wonder how many times humans have had to start over and rediscover how the world works....

That's the big question.
We now know that "Humans" have faced many natural disasters over time that have periodically culled our numbers several times. Could have happened to our ancient cousins as well...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIceQueen

Originally posted by flyingfish

It'll shake things up in the scientific community.
reply to post by beezzer

Hardly... All this does is show some of the traits that we associate with modern humans and our nearest relatives can be traced further back in our lineage. The time period puts these spear tips in the hands of Homo heidelbergensis, the last common ancestor of Neanderthals and modern humans.

Lol, if only Homo Heidelbergensis being in South Africa (where these tools were apparently found) around this time, and not having been ALL of the way North in Great Britain 200,000 years earlier
, with remains dating back to over 700,000 years old..

But hey there are also remains of them dating back to around the time of the creation of these little stone tools (around 500,000 years ago) but.. eh, another problem there.. You see they were still found thousands of miles away from South Africa, let alone even in Africa at all, the fact being that NO fossil remains of Homo Heidelbergensis have been found in Africa.. Even if they were to be at two extreme distant and opposite locations at the same time period, let alone having been FAR, FAR out of africa in the British Isles 200,000 years before

edit on 17-11-2012 by TheIceQueen because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2012 by TheIceQueen because: (no reason given)

Homo Rhodesian man is the ancestor of HH. Most current experts believe Rhodesian Man, found in Africa, to be within the group Homo heidelbergensis.

This would make African heidelbergensis the ancestor of humans while the European variety would be the ancestor of the Neanderthals.

Please review your sources before posting.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

You're getting caught up up in the superficial differences between the most extreme iterations of humanity. Its like, in your mind you're putting a Northern European, a Black African and someone from the Far East in the same room and noting the obvious physical differences between the three people. This world is huge. If you were to take a journey on foot from Southern Africa, to North Africa, then along the Mediterranean to Europe then East through the Northern Mideast (Iraq) to Asia, then South Asia for the most part you'd notice only slight, gradual differences between one population and it's immediate neighbor. We're all related, like it or not.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko

thats a hell of a difference from 300,000 to 500,000
200,000 years is a HUGE difference
and yet Egyptologists still argue that Khafre built the Sphinx during his reign 2520-2494 BC when theres clear evidence of water erosion around the enclosure which equals at least 7000 BC but could be as old as 36,000 BC
so to say the sphinx wasnt built in 2500 BC and say it was built between 7000 and 36,000 BC dosnt seem to much of a jump anymore, to me anyway

thanks again Slayer for a fantastic thread

Don't forget the Indus Valley Civilization, even older than the sphinx.

I think the assumed age of Gobekli Tepe will be adjusted downward also.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
5000,000 year's .. oh yeh after going to uni to study geology i know dating methods are mostly guess work, and have ciruclar logic

rock is an age = stuff in the rock is the same age

stuff in the rock is this age = so the rock is this age

and dating ages are baised on either known rock ages or known fossils in the rock.....are you starting to see the problem here

then we come to the probability equation of half lives used for dating methods.. yes probability!!!!!,,, this can lead to some serious problems when calculating stupidly large dates.

but we all know unless we have the stupidly large dates eveloution does not work.

so we have to fugde the numbers to get them as old as possible.

chough cough... yeh its like 5000000. million trillion years old... and thats how we know stuff evolves slowly over time.

edit on 17-11-2012 by jericanman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

that is adaptation
not evolution.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jericanman
5000,000 year's .. oh yeh after going to uni to study geology i know dating methods are mostly guess work, and have ciruclar logic

Sorry to hear you flunked out - damn those tests and their requirement to actually know stuff!

If you want to troll so you can rant about creationism at the Origins and Creationist forums>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>that way

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

that is adaptation
not evolution.

That over time becomes evolution.....

Why don't you go to the Origins and Creationism forum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>that way
edit on 17/11/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Don't forget the Indus Valley Civilization, even older than the sphinx.

I think the assumed age of Gobekli Tepe will be adjusted downward also.

The ancient Egyptian civlization is also older than the Sphinx......

Why would you think GT might be older? (it might)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I wonder how long after that did man use this weapon against another man. Where it all started. We already know where it all ends.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

yeh i kinda flunked out... well i actualy quit after a year and a half, one of my professors openly admitted to me that everything they have to teach is basicaly guess work and he had totaly opposite views to many ... theroys . he could not teach any thing apart from what the uni / education bord decided or he would loose his job... i got a bit fed up of learning lies packaged as truth just to get some gold stars.

maybe you should pop over to the creation forums and learn something... but maybe you like structured mind control better.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Could have? Had to have is more like it. They're gone now arent they?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

just to add a bit of fat to the fire... might have been a hoe used as the first weapon... they where out in the feilds and all.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jericanman
reply to post by Hanslune

yeh i kinda flunked out... well i actualy quit after a year and a half, one of my professors openly admitted to me that everything they have to teach is basicaly guess work and he had totaly opposite views to many ... theroys . he could not teach any thing apart from what the uni / education bord decided or he would loose his job... i got a bit fed up of learning lies packaged as truth just to get some gold stars.

maybe you should pop over to the creation forums and learn something... but maybe you like structured mind control better.

I was one of the (many) contributors and parents of Talkorigins archive-I have little interest in your belief driven propaganda

By the way how is that god theory doing?

Now back to your make believe world......lol

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join