It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oldest Stone Spear Tips Found: 500,000 Years Old

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I wonder what other discoveries they'll find the farther back they go?

IMO, it's only a matter of time before they do. Every time I read about these finds, I can't help but think about how many artifacts have been destroyed in our pursuit of minerals, modernization etc. Artifacts that could have shed more light on our past.

I can only hope that more finds like these are located and more importantly made public.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

It'll shake things up in the scientific community.
reply to post by beezzer

Hardly... All this does is show some of the traits that we associate with modern humans and our nearest relatives can be traced further back in our lineage. The time period puts these spear tips in the hands of Homo heidelbergensis, the last common ancestor of Neanderthals and modern humans.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
I call BS on this being espoused as fact: 500,000 years ago.
Prove that it was 500,000 years ago, scientifically prove it.
Use the scientific method and prove it. Can not be done.

It in infallible use of the SWAG method (Scientific Wild Assed Guess).

There are about 500,000 fossil records in museums around the world.
Within these 500,000 fossil imprints into stone there is no evidence of
1. evolution
2. the evolution of flight in birds, insects, mammals or reptiles
3. all these hundreds of thousands of fossil records show is the spontaneous
and sudden appearance of a. birds b. reptiles that fly c. bats
4. there are absolutely no "TRANSITION" FOSSIL remains, NONE.
5. These complex life forms suddenly appeared with no fossil evidential history anywhere on earth, NO WHERE>

All you evolutionists, use your holy grail of scientific method and quit relying on the faith of evolutionism.
So, is ignorance really bliss, or is that overstated?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Great find OP!
It's amazing, isn't it, when we can learn something new about our ancestry. I know of some very cool archeological finds in my own homestate- in fact it's one of the things kids are taught about early on, and WHY they are so important to keep for the generations to come. I've seen the Kensington Runestone, petroglyphs carved into quartzite and granite, even to finding mound graves, used by the natives many many years ago. I love archeology!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I don't believe it.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

S&F This is an exciting find. I agree. I think human civilization is much, much older than conventional archeologists & anthropologists would even consider as possible.

I'm glad the evidence is showing up & hitting the news.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I wonder what other discoveries they'll find the farther back they go? It seems interesting to me that some would find this discovery surprising? I don't think our ancient cousins were primitive like we are lead to believe. As always Stay tuned.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

In any case, it's nothing short of ASTOUNDING that for 500,000 some odd years, human beings could 'stagnate' with stone tools and primitive hunter-gathering, and yet in a matter of 6,000 short years, have gone from that to walking on the moon.

It almost makes the past look like a phantom, nothing more than a preparation for the present world in which we live.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

I wonder what other discoveries they'll find the farther back they go? It seems interesting to me that some would find this discovery surprising? I don't think our ancient cousins were primitive like we are lead to believe. As always Stay tuned.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

In any case, it's nothing short of ASTOUNDING that for 500,000 some odd years, human beings could 'stagnate' with stone tools and primitive hunter-gathering, and yet in a matter of 6,000 short years, have gone from that to walking on the moon.

It almost makes the past look like a phantom, nothing more than a preparation for the present world in which we live.

Not all clans made the move to more complex cultures and on to civilization. Even today there are people who live clan based nomadic lives, like the Sentinelese people

Sentinelese

Until we solved certain critical developmental problems we remained as we were. Once our population grew enough from the use of agriculture we were able to specialize and things took off

Remember in the 18th century the vast majority of people were still subsistence farmers and nomads, the middle class was rare and the movers and shakers rarer still

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
So the earth is infact older than 2,000 years old? mind=blown

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
So let me get this straight.

Man has been fighting over the middle east for over 500,000 years......

Lol......just kidding.

I find it fascinating that they found these couple of artifacts. After all there is a lot of land mass and these spear tips are pretty small.

Score one for the lonely scientist person scouring the ends of the earth looking at dirt, while the rest if the world world worries about non important issues.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Good morning, how was the sleep. You may start rethinking history and evolution as it seems scientists in their majority decided to take a theory, make it a fact and not leave the door open for anything that may differ from their 'fact'.

It would also be a good idea to rethink evolution and how some certain part of the apes got so smart and started doing things that no other animal to this day has achieved to be more like human.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
So little evidence left of man just 500kchecking years ago. Earth is what near 4 billion years old? There could have easily been other intelligent civilized beings on earth many times over in 4 billion years with all evidence now lost to the ages.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

Yeah - something just never seems to add up here. Considering everything that was accomplished over the last 8000 years ( not to mention 800 and especially not to mention the last 80) what exactly the hell were we doing for the first half million years or so??????

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Really ? 500,000 yrs old ? Give me a break ! When is the scientific community going to start getting real on time lines ? I am so fed up with their "guesstimates" that now its just freakin' ridiculous.

There is no absolute technology in this day and time that can accurately prove how old or the age of something and best methods we have in trying to determine such are only best guess based on the numbers fed into the computations used to try to determine such.

The REALITY is some of our SCIENCE and MATH is defective.

edit on 11/17/2012 by Labrynth2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Thanks Wolfenz for that extra info - Julia Pastrana, beautiful name but like Pye said in his lecture "a face that would make a freight train take a dirt road." And the guy MARRIED her? And they had a kid together?? Eeech! And then he went out and found another woman just like Julia??? No wonder he wound up in a mental institution.

As a possible answer to your query about what we'd all look like if a few chromosomes were removed I'd have to say yes, the ape is not buried very deep at all within all of us. If the our chromosomes get jumbled in the slightest way it seems you get a "whoop, they it iz" kind of moment.

Regarding Pye's information he gave in the Everything You Know Is Wrong" talk I've wondered if Homo Sapiens are the ONLY animal on the planet with stacked chromosomes. I've not had time to research that question but, if we are, it has to beg the next question of how the heck could that have occured without outside help? If this type of arrangement occurs NO WHERE else in the known genetic world how DID that happen just all of a sudden in our genetic history? Like - boom! - over night! Any time genes get messed with in an "accidental" way the resulting offspring rarely, rarely - like NEVER - survive.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

the problem is that religion IS the worst case senario.... "lord and savior" just listen to that. it is rediculous.

other than that i find this an awesome find but more so my thanks for those who release this type of info from the field to us people who crave the truth. in my opinion our roots stretch far back in earths history with many short technological ages and long interveining ages of cleansing of the earth by natural events. its amazing such small tools lasted so long and in a place they could be found.
edit on 17-11-2012 by pryed -eyed-one because: origional post was vague

edit on 17-11-2012 by pryed -eyed-one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish

It'll shake things up in the scientific community.
reply to post by beezzer

Hardly... All this does is show some of the traits that we associate with modern humans and our nearest relatives can be traced further back in our lineage. The time period puts these spear tips in the hands of Homo heidelbergensis, the last common ancestor of Neanderthals and modern humans.

Lol, if only Homo Heidelbergensis being in South Africa (where these tools were apparently found) around this time, and not having been ALL of the way North in Great Britain 200,000 years earlier
, with remains dating back to over 700,000 years old..

But hey there are also remains of them dating back to around the time of the creation of these little stone tools (around 500,000 years ago) but.. eh, another problem there.. You see they were still found thousands of miles away from South Africa, let alone even in Africa at all, the fact being that NO fossil remains of Homo Heidelbergensis have been found in Africa.. Even if they were to be at two extreme distant and opposite locations at the same time period, let alone having been FAR, FAR out of africa in the British Isles 200,000 years before

edit on 17-11-2012 by TheIceQueen because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2012 by TheIceQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by olddognewtricks
reply to post by rival

Yeah - something just never seems to add up here. Considering everything that was accomplished over the last 8000 years ( not to mention 800 and especially not to mention the last 80) what exactly the hell were we doing for the first half million years or so??????

Surviving - go read about the lives of nomadic hunter-gathers. Many HG groups were quite content to stay that way until bureaucratic pressures made them sedentary. Many people still live that way either fully or partially

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
FOR Evolution to be true,
we need evidence of transitional
life forms, like from a fish to a bird.
Or from an ape to a human.

The problem with the fossil record is that it supports the sudden
and spontaneous appearance of multiple and completely different
life forms.

By demanding that evolution be true,
so that immorality can be embraced with impunity,
you resort to a more closed mind and faith filled noggin than
religion ever did.

Show, test, experiment on evolving something in the here and now time.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Slay
Could this be the hominid people that the God Annu used to combine with his own DNA to produce the Adamu?
The Location is pretty well in the same area (africa:@@

The 250000 yr old South Afircan super state of gold miners....?

Somehow I initially overlooked your reply.

My bad.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----

Funny that eh?

I'm not a fan anymore of Sitchin-sp? but it fits nicely into his story.
I'll still now maintain a skeptics view until we find more concrete proof.

edit on 17-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join