It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oldest Stone Spear Tips Found: 500,000 Years Old

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
its quite obvious they are some kind of natural formation.....
great stuff slayer

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Impossible!
The Earth is only like 5000 years old.

Science is the devils work.
If you had faith in God you wouldn't need some hocus pocus "science" anyway.
You're all bound for hell.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I still think Lloyd Pye is on to something - www.youtube.com... . The lecture is from 1999 but sounds very credible. His account of the Russian Almas is most interesting. Even more interesting is his examination and presentation of the Star Child find - www.youtube.com... Yeah, yeah, he only is allowed to open his mouth at UFO conventions, but where else is he going to be able to speak to those with an open mind? Academia is full of Nazis.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Ollie769 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
how could a spear last 500,000 years? That makes no sense. not a single atom would be in the same place after that long in my opinion.

You cant be serious, right? Did you really just say that? You have absolutely zero trust in any form of science, don't you? I am just a little confused is all.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

Well to confuse you further.....400,000 year old wooden javelins

Javelins

sans a stone spear point thou

The oldest implied used of a spear or javelin, 500,000 years ago

500,000 year spear wound

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ollie769

An open mind doesn't mean accepting every piece of bad data, you need to have filters. For Pye you need a large filter as he throws out a lot of intellectual debris and made up stuff

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by SLAYER69

I see scientists scrambling...........

Doctor, would an ape make a human doll that TALKS?~ Taylor(Planet of the Apes)

Love it !!

Now the Question !! Who Thought of Complexed Hafting Back then 500,000 years ago

and Taught Hafting to Spread Amougnst the World ,, was it Prometheus ! as Claim taught the Use of Fire

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by oper8zhin
NO, NO, NO!!! The world is only 6000 years old because an old book full of myths, legends, and tall-tales SAYS SO!!!!

And anyways, if this is REAL, than SATAN put that rock here just to FOOL US!!! Just like he did the DINOSAUR FOSSILS and everything else that provides CONCRETE evidence that the world is NOT only 6000 years old!!!

FACTS AND EVIDENCE....(finger in ear and shouting: LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA) I am a bible thumping close-minded person and my little bible book is true and everything else FAKE...

SATAN DID IT, SATAN DID IT, SATAN DID IT...

I refuse to wanna acknowledge any FACTS and EVIDENCE and if you mention that, I will put my finger in ear and shout out: LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA

SOOOOO, Now that we got the SATAN DID IT nonsense out of the way, hopefully we can keep FAIRY TALES and BOOGIE-MEN out of the discussion to keep this on a NON-FICTIONAL path.

As we EVOLVE, we are PUTTING THE FINAL NAILS IN THE COFFIN OF RELIGION!!!!!!!!! How I WISH to see a day where people stop buying into the religion nonsense and stop the hate and fighting and killing that go on all over the planet due to religion which is ALWAYS at the root of the problem.

This is great stuff. SCIENCE is AWESOME and will eventually be the LIBERATOR for the whole planet!!!

edit on 16-11-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

Oh my, i'm not really brave enough to post such HONEST AND BRUTAL FACTS on this site, but I'm so glad you did! You basically said EXACTLY how I've felt for so long. This is a great find /post and i agree with every singlewword you said. Star for you and OP.

Edit: for those Christians out there who KNOW the earth is older than 6000 years, this does not concern you. It's for the other crazy ones who are BIGOTS and brainwashed beyond help. You other guys are ok . Peace.
edit on 16/11/12 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/11/12 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ollie769
I still think Lloyd Pye is on to something - www.youtube.com... . The lecture is from 1999 but sounds very credible. His account of the Russian Almas is most interesting. Even more interesting is his examination and presentation of the Star Child find - www.youtube.com... Yeah, yeah, he only is allowed to open his mouth at UFO conventions, but where else is he going to be able to speak to those with an open mind? Academia is full of Nazis.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Ollie769 because: spelling

Yes Lloyd Pye is On to Something ..

I Have Spoken to him about Julia Pastrata and Her Unique Ape like Hominid Apperance much like the Almas

Tho she was Not Muscle Bound ... Like The Almas

Ive explained to him about the Julias DNA as in Her Chromosome 17 Genes Info were Missing and as some other of her Chromsosmes The Gene Info were Doubled ...

Her DNA was Completly 100% Human just her Dna Sequence were missing or Doubbled in her Chromsomes

He Wrote back to me and said He was Not Sure what to think , but he would Look up into it

still waiting for a reply

Julia Pastrana
en.wikipedia.org...

My Thought is if that 3 percent differance was somwhat missing in our DNA sequence

Would we Look like an Ape

we can make anything out of an erector or Lego set that is made out of the same Materials and make look like somthing that isnt right

Genes of 'Bearded Lady' RevealedLiveScience StaffDate: 21 May 2009 Time: 08:03 AM ET
www.livescience.com...

Could Ape Man have a Mind like a Moderan Human

Possible if the Brain Neurons wraped around 3 times as 3 times many Neuron Cells like a Human ..

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

how could a spear last 500,000 years? That makes no sense. not a single atom would be in the same place after that long in my opinion.

You cant be serious, right? Did you really just say that? You have absolutely zero trust in any form of science, don't you? I am just a little confused is all.
Like they say: Love is fleeting, but stone tools are forever. Yes, it is remarkable when wood survives but stone hangs in like...well...stone. Here's an article that I don't think has been posted yet: Science Codex

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The first manmade building dates back to 1.9 million years ago according to a book I was just reading about world history I'll find the title if anyones interested

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Impossible!
The Earth is only like 5000 years old.

Science is the devils work.
If you had faith in God you wouldn't need some hocus pocus "science" anyway.
You're all bound for hell.

I'm assuming your trying to wind him up yeah, you don't honestly believe the earth is 5000 years old

but just in case you are being serious which would be extremely worrying, go and research stalactites then go down and buy a measuring tool find a cave and prove to yourself that your statement cannot possibly be true

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

500,000 years old. WOW!

Really exciting - but not surprising. Thanks so much for sharing this info. S&F&

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Just like some conservative nut said: "Science is just lies from the devil!"
I believe him, the Earth is just 6000 years old, I don't need stupid science and stupid facts to disprove me, I know I'm right because God is real.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flow101
Just like some conservative nut said: "Science is just lies from the devil!"
I believe him, the Earth is just 6000 years old, I don't need stupid science and stupid facts to disprove me, I know I'm right because God is real.

Your God Or My God !

2nd line ..

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Not that I expect an answer but I will ask. Lets assume during the last Ice Age, prior to human society as it is known existed a civilization. At that time these people would settle at coastal areas in warmer climates. As the ice melted those societies would have flooded. The survivors would have relocated, Who is to say evidence that predates our knowledge of an early man who had developed an advanced culture is not hundreds of feet below our coasts.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I call BS on this being espoused as fact: 500,000 years ago.
Prove that it was 500,000 years ago, scientifically prove it.
Use the scientific method and prove it. Can not be done.

It in infallible use of the SWAG method (Scientific Wild Assed Guess).

There are about 500,000 fossil records in museums around the world.
Within these 500,000 fossil imprints into stone there is no evidence of
1. evolution
2. the evolution of flight in birds, insects, mammals or reptiles
3. all these hundreds of thousands of fossil records show is the spontaneous
and sudden appearance of a. birds b. reptiles that fly c. bats
4. there are absolutely no "TRANSITION" FOSSIL remains, NONE.
5. These complex life forms suddenly appeared with no fossil evidential history anywhere on earth, NO WHERE>

All you evolutionists, use your holy grail of scientific method and quit relying on the faith of evolutionism.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Lol, Homo Heidelbergensis-South Africa? Riiiight. Gee sure wonder what they were doing in South Africa 500,000 years ago when they have found remains of them dating over 700,000 years old, found just about as far from there as you can get, in Great Britain.
edit on 16-11-2012 by TheIceQueen because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2012 by TheIceQueen because: more

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by Renegade2283

Well to confuse you further.....400,000 year old wooden javelins

Javelins

sans a stone spear point thou

The oldest implied used of a spear or javelin, 500,000 years ago

500,000 year spear wound

Wow, now that is interesting. In fact, I think I watched a documentary on "the oldest cold case homicide" about a ancient human or neanderthal who was found with a spear puncture. Have you ever heard of that? If so, it would be cool to see you dig up a link for, seem good at that.

ETA: Just wanted to add, that the reason I was confused was that the poster who I quoted said that an atom cant be in the same place or whatever. I am confused as to how you could assume that.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by Renegade2283

Like they say: Love is fleeting, but stone tools are forever. Yes, it is remarkable when wood survives but stone hangs in like...well...stone. Here's an article that I don't think has been posted yet: Science Codex

Just to clarify, I was confused about the part where that poster said an atom could not be in the same place, not the OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join