It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stalking my dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
So, to preserve my crazy talk for posterity, here's what I've been going through for the last month.

It all started one night around 4ish AM. My wife, sleeping beside me, wakes me up by shaking me. She says there's something standing beside me, by the bed. Turn light on, nothing there, of course. She's shaking because she's so scared. My wife doesn't scare easily. She's seen things of the paranormal nature much, much more than I have. Mainly because I've never seen anything I couldn't explain.

The thing by the bed is human sized, but it's kind of like a shadow person. Except, she maintains that it's something different. She works in a hospital, says she sees shadow people and this is not one. It's something with more intent, maybe malicious. But, we've learned to ignore it. I don't see it, she wakes up and sees it, wakes me up, I put my arms around here, and that's that. No big deal.

Sometimes I'll feel uneasy in the room when I'm alone (wife works overnights), but no worries, I'll just sleep on the couch with the TV and all is good. That doesn't happen very often, but occasionally it does.

ANYWAY. for about a week I've been having dreams that I vaguely remember. They've all been very arbitrary and uneventful except for one thing, they all have the same character at some point or another. That character is a ghost. He's usually not involved with anything, but I'll see him and get startled and then move on. He's always in a dark corner, or something, basically somewhere where he'll be obscured from view.

His role as a background character changed today. In today's dream, I was talking to my wife, who was sitting on the bed. I looked behind her and, you guessed it, there he was. Sitting in a chair at the end of the bed. Staring.

His face was in shadow but I could make out some features. He was an older man, 40-60 by my guess. Wore a trucker hat, had a big nose, possibly droopy cheeks. It's hard to distinguish what was visual and what was a sense impression. The sense impressions were all contradictory and f'd up. His nose, for example, seemed like my grandfather's nose. I say seemed because, it was just an impression I got. Hard to explain. I got the impression this man was native american, but couldn't tell. In fact, I thought he was my grandfather's friend (and farm helper) Frankie (who is native, but very alive). No matter where I moved around him, he stayed still, and every bit of him was just as obscured. It was as if the shadow was painted to him.

I asked who he was.

He said his name was "Sam Sixfoot." Trust me, I realize it sounds stupid. He said he worked with my grandfather while he was alive. I asked if he meant Jerry (my living grandfather) and he said no, the other one (Jerry's father, my great grandfather). He said he worked with my G Grandfather until he (the ghost) died in 1965.

Two knocks, somewhere in the house, or in my dream, woke me up.

I spent the rest of today feeling oppressed. Like, drained and heavy. I only ate one meal, which is very unusual. I wasn't even hungry (even more unusual). Around 9:30 tonight I started putting pieces together.

I thought that maybe this thing, Sam, was an amalgamation of people it thought I may feel comfortable with, but wasn't sure how to look, so it obscured itself. What if this is the same thing that has been bothering my wife. So, I told it to leave me alone, it wasn't welcome near me or my house.

Almost instantly I felt better. No heavy feeling, energetic and happy again. I got hungry and ate quite a bit all of a sudden.

It could all be coincidence and suggestion, I'm fully aware of that. It's just strange. Maybe I'm reading into it too much.

Anyway, that's my story thus far.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
wow, that's really fascinating.
If you see him again don't be afraid.
Ask him what you can do for him.
He's trying to contact you for some reason.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

I'd rather not. The thing is that I don't think it's human. Not in my gut.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
One must be wary of initiating communication. Try a cleansing ritual and I recommend the "shadow people" thread.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

oh, i didn't realize that. I thought you thought it was really the guy that worked for your g grandfather.
such specifics in the dream are really wild, though. I dream alot of people i know that have passed but it is not scary, more like comforting.
Sage burning is quite popular, maybe that would help you.
Be careful and keep us (or me) informed.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I get that feeling now and then, happened again last night. Like you're not alone and there's something dark and evil lurking about. But like you I can never see anything with the naked eye. Dreams are said to be a doorway or pathway between the physical world and spiritual world. My experiences have happened in that semi-awake state when your body starts to wake up - or opposite, when I'm falling asleep. Just keep telling it to go away. That's what I do. And it helps after awhile. If that doesn't get rid of the negative feelings, then definitely do a cleansing like others suggested. You may want to try Native American cleansing, just guessing here from the names you've given - which involves a feather and incense, you can google it online. Good luck.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Charmeine

You may also want to do some research on the property and see if any other previous tenants/owners had similar experiences or go to your local library and research events in the local area. I would suggest looking into the Native American history as well.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Wow, sounds pretty crazy. I don't know that much about shadow people so sorry I can't be of more help.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

No man, I think it wanted me to think it was a person. Thing was, if I moved around it, the light didn't move naturally. It was like the shadow was painted on.

Happened last night to me too

The house has been in my family for almost 100 years, before that only one guy lived in it. I've never heard anything too strange about it, to be honest.

There have been strange things around the property, seeing a tall white humany thing on the road, my grandma saw two kids beside her bed one night, a couple decades ago, I have a thread about a ghost car if you want to check it out. I had no explanation for that one, it was really really weird.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Interesting. I would still ask around. You don't have to give any information just say, "have you ever noticed anything unusual in the house?" If no one else can give you any tips, then whatever is happening may be linked to you or your wife. If your wife is sensitive it's possible that whatever this is, is attracted to her because she can see things others can't. Food for thought. With your wife working in a hospital and being around illness and death all the time, it's possible she picked up something from the hospital. Hospitals are very public places with all kinds of people coming in with different diseases, injuries, cultures and beliefs. Everyone is treated and it's possible that some of the patients have had entities or other things attached to them. It's possible with your wife being sensitive, something may have followed her home. Or just attached themselves to her. Just throwing out possibilities here.

If you aren't bothered by what is going on, leave it alone and ignore it. But since you mention your wife is starting to get really scared, I am thinking this is something that has become attracted to her.

If it is becoming more frightening or threatening, then definitely do further investigation.

Sometimes, asking whatever it is to leave you alone or leave your property - works. Keeping a journal or log of odd events helps too. Do these tend to happen when you are stressed out or overly emotionally? Or sick? Or are they completely random?

Keep us posted.
edit on 18-11-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmeine
Interesting. I would still ask around. You don't have to give any information just say, "have you ever noticed anything unusual in the house?" If no one else can give you any tips, then whatever is happening may be linked to you or your wife. If your wife is sensitive it's possible that whatever this is, is attracted to her because she can see things others can't. Food for thought. With your wife working in a hospital and being around illness and death all the time, it's possible she picked up something from the hospital. Hospitals are very public places with all kinds of people coming in with different diseases, injuries, cultures and beliefs. Everyone is treated and it's possible that some of the patients have had entities or other things attached to them. It's possible with your wife being sensitive, something may have followed her home. Or just attached themselves to her. Just throwing out possibilities here.

If you aren't bothered by what is going on, leave it alone and ignore it. But since you mention your wife is starting to get really scared, I am thinking this is something that has become attracted to her.

If it is becoming more frightening or threatening, then definitely do further investigation.

Sometimes, asking whatever it is to leave you alone or leave your property - works. Keeping a journal or log of odd events helps too. Do these tend to happen when you are stressed out or overly emotionally? Or sick? Or are they completely random?

Keep us posted.
edit on 18-11-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

I would be willing to accept that something followed her home. She sees things there from time to time.

I didn't mean to make it sound like she was getting really scared, it does tend to freak her out when she wakes up and it's standing above her. But, who wouldn't be freaked out by that?

I did ask it to leave us alone and since haven't noticed anything, not even any more strange dreams. So, I guess we'll wait and see.

Thanks for the reply!

join