Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Austin Files Petition to Secede from Texas, If Texas Secedes from US

page: 3
15
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant
 





I agree with you. They are just making a political statement.
I wonder how many of them know it is largely symbolic?
I just wonder if they realize or not how greedy and childish its making them look.

They sure do want employees that are healthy and will show up everyday for their shift, but they don't believe in paying them a decent of enough of a wage so that they can do it.

I look at it like this, if slavery was so bad that the goverment had to stick their nose in this and tell the employers they need to start paying for health packages, its long overdue.




posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant
 


I think there are three possible reasons why this is going on. The first is that Austin might receive income from the nation and as a result, does't wan't to lose that. It's also possible that the mayor of austin wants to have control over having Rick be in control. It's also just possible that the mayor of Austin just doesn't want to be under Rick any longer.



posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by newcovenant
 


I think there are three possible reasons why this is going on. The first is that Austin might receive income from the nation and as a result, does't wan't to lose that. It's also possible that the mayor of austin wants to have control over having Rick be in control. It's also just possible that the mayor of Austin just doesn't want to be under Rick any longer.



All very good reasons! Thanks for your contribution to the thread.



posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by braane1
reply to post by mademyself1984
 


It's as much anyone who wants to secede's country as anyone else's. It's as much their land as anyone else's. The foundation of this country has been destroyed by terrible economic and foreign policies. People who want to secede have every right to and if it is the will of the people then it should be allowed. It's just as divisive to say "leave" as it is to say "I want to form my own country", if not more so.


Oh, right...so we better appeal to the 3.5 percent of the country's population because hey, if they want to secede, well than screw the other 96.5 percent...



posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I bet Jones will go uber-ballistic over that one.



posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mademyself1984
 





Oh, right...so we better appeal to the 3.5 percent of the country's population because hey, if they want to secede, well than screw the other 96.5 percent...
Your exactly correct. Our money hungry corporations have been sucking money out of so many people that now majority rules, and that majority is the slaves, we will be heard.

I think what happened is so many people had complained to Obama that we need a wage increase because things are just horrible. So he got us a wage increase followed by angry petitioners that explained everything instantly went up right after the wage increase so there was no relief realized by the slaves.

So he did the next best thing he could do, charge 0.9% from the wealthy to cover insurance that slaves don't have. The money had to come from somewhere, and you can't charge the slaves, they don't have any money. It's a sad time to realize that things have been so out of sorts for the poor people to the point that the government had to stick thier nose in and tell businesses owners to start taking care of thier slaves.



posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by mademyself1984
 





Oh, right...so we better appeal to the 3.5 percent of the country's population because hey, if they want to secede, well than screw the other 96.5 percent...
Your exactly correct. Our money hungry corporations have been sucking money out of so many people that now majority rules, and that majority is the slaves, we will be heard.

I think what happened is so many people had complained to Obama that we need a wage increase because things are just horrible. So he got us a wage increase followed by angry petitioners that explained everything instantly went up right after the wage increase so there was no relief realized by the slaves.

So he did the next best thing he could do, charge 0.9% from the wealthy to cover insurance that slaves don't have. The money had to come from somewhere, and you can't charge the slaves, they don't have any money. It's a sad time to realize that things have been so out of sorts for the poor people to the point that the government had to stick thier nose in and tell businesses owners to start taking care of thier slaves.


Classes exist, because mathematically, they have to. I don't consider myself wealthy. Far from it. I get by week to week. But I get by. Someday, through hard work, the sun might shine on my ass for a change. If it doesn't, I'll still get by, because I understand that it is on me to make sure my family and I get by. As much as I dislike the current administration, it isn't their job (and part of the reason I dislike them is because of this) to scoot everyone along...



posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mademyself1984
 





Classes exist, because mathematically, they have to. I don't consider myself wealthy. Far from it. I get by week to week. But I get by. Someday, through hard work, the sun might shine on my ass for a change. If it doesn't, I'll still get by, because I understand that it is on me to make sure my family and I get by. As much as I dislike the current administration, it isn't their job (and part of the reason I dislike them is because of this) to scoot everyone along...


I think that employment ethics in our country suck. And I'm speaking mostly about compensation. I think employers have been greedy as much as they can be for as long as they could be, and now push has come to shove. Notice however that its not only the employers that have to cough up the dough for coverage, its also the employee that has to pay for the plan. The only people that would disagree with this action are most likely young people that aren't to concearned about a health plan. I managed to squeek by for about 20 years of my life without needing any but now I'm older.
This action by Obama is a lot like the ponzi scheme that is set up to run our SSI fund, which is due here to run out of money soon. The basic idea is that we will always have more young people paying into taxes to support that fund, but right now thats not happening, and in fact more people are taking advantage of SSI because of health reasons.

Tax the rich, and feed the poor is sort of how it works, but it's starting to fail.

Taxing the rich to pay for the poor mans insurance is the same thing.

I feel sorry for the people that live in TX, thats where I grew up btw, because Rick is refusing to set up an insurance exchange to get the ball rolling so that people can get health insurance. If Obama decideds to not address this issues, then Rick and the entire state has acted just how Obama figured some people would. The first year all residents in TX that can't prove they carried health insurance for the full year will get a $95 fine on their income tax, if you don't pay it, the IRS comes after you. By the year 2014 this penalty will be up to $965 and again, if it goes unpaid, the IRS comes after you. IMO all that Rick has done was placed this burden back on the poor people so that they will have to now pay it. Mark my words a lot of businesses will cut hours so that they don't have to follow Obamas request, but soon Obama might come out with a decision on businesses that only opperate part time employees.

I don't see anything wrong with saving money, but when it comes to the health and well being of your employees, your honestly saying a lot about the value of you company. The employee should be one of the most important assets to any company, and if you treated them as such, they would return the favor. I refelct back to my highest wage earning job here in Spokane and can tell you that even after I quit and left from pay cuts, I still talk good about the company and have the highest respect for them and their product.



posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints
 


Who's "the Left"?


I had you pegged for someone who watches/listens to a lot of conservative drivel.



posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth
 


This admin is doing a whole lot more than just pushing socialized medicine on us, forcing us to purchase a product.
On Obama's watch is NDAA, drones flying over America, cybersnooping on Americans, some things which haven't happened but they want to are giving up American control of the Internet to the UN, forcing us to have an Internet ID to use the Internet, then there's the famous "killswitch" and also an Internet Tax, also there are 5 UN treaties Obama and Hillary are negotiating. So far Congress doesn't like these, but Hillary and BO will just do whatever they want.
Continuation of the Patriot Act.

Oh did you hear about the HITECH Act? Likely not as it wasn't nearly as publicized as some other things. Well, the HITECH Act involves upgrades for electronic medical health records. This is also part of Obamacare, but it was passed separately prior to Obamacare, I'm thinking so people didn't pick up on the ramifications of a socialized medical system replete with electronic medical records so that the admin can pull up medical information on anybody. Why would the fed govt give stimulus money to private organizations to upgrade their IT system to allow for this?
HITECH was part of the Stimulus you see, it had nothing to do with "shovel ready" jobs fixing roads.

But the diabolical things this POTUS has done and is trying to do you will not be able to wrap your little head around when it really comes down.

At least I can say I didn't vote for it.
So this secession thing isn't just about Obamacare, it's about a lot of things. Why do you think it occurred as soon as the election was over? Because people have lost hope that the Obamanation can be stopped without such a drastic action.



posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius
 


I'm still mad at myself for not going to denton sooner. I went to denton less than a week after the festival. And then when I come back from denton I completely miss the festival at the switchyards which I was making my own thing sicne I had gone the two years prior. And the tree lighting last week was pretty rad. Anyways, Denton is cool. I also like Austin. Let Denton and Austin secede from Texas even if Texas doesn't secede from the union.





new topics

top topics



 
15
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join


Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution