Austin Files Petition to Secede from Texas, If Texas Secedes from US

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I think most people know by now these actions and threats to secede are largely symbolic as are the responses such as this from Austin.

Union Forever! Anti-Secession Petitions Gaining Clicks, Too

New petition asks White House to make Austin 50th state
www.austinchronicle.com...

If Texas Secedes, Austin Wants No Part in It [Secession Drama]

Now, in another hilarious wrinkle, the city of Austin, Texas has decided that they don’t want to go along with the rest of Texas ...Some residents of Austin are formally requesting that they be allowed to “withdraw from the state of Texas & remain part of the United States.”

"Peacefully grant the city of Austin Texas to withdraw from the state of Texas & remain part of the United States.

Austin Texas continues to suffer difficulties stemming from the lack of civil, religious, and political freedoms imposed upon the city by less liberally minded Texans. It is entirely feasible for Austin to operate as its own state, within the United States, in the event that Texas is successful in the current bid to secede. It is important for Austin to remain in the union as to do so would protect it’s citizens’ standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers.

We would also like to annex Dublin Texas, Lockhart Texas, & Shiner Texas."

As passionate as people are on the right there are as many as passionate on the left. Maybe we should assemble concerns of Dems and Repubs into 3 lists and start with the stuff in the middle?

THE LEFT ........................ MIDDLE LEFT/MIDDLE RIGHT ....................... THE RIGHT

Sam Seder - Austin Files Petition to Secede from Texas, If Texas Secedes from US

edit on 16-11-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Yay! The Union gets to keep the bats and the Shiner Bock!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Nobody is seceding. First of all, the "right" to secede is mythical. And if it weren't...so what if 25,000 people signed the petition. What does that prove? That less than 10 percent of any state wants out? Fine...leave. I'm no Obama supporter...but if people really are that pissed off, they should exercise their rights and leave.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Texas is what makes Austin what it is.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mademyself1984

switch that 10% to 0.1% and that 25,000 people to 25,000 signatures from people who may in fact be residents of any state or country in the world with a strong possibility of people signing multiple times under different names and yeah pretty much

not an obama or romney supporter and would actually like to see them secede just to see everybody take the failtrain into a brick wall and have a nice told you so moment but really it would be awful for everybody and it would be a lot more productive to try to deal with the problems instead of running away every time they start to catch up
edit on 16-11-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Its not going to happen....

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I wonder when this petition site went up. Whoever created it is probably pissed that there site has been abused this way. Maybe I am wrong and it is funny to them who know. My personal favorite out of the petitions is the one that asks Obama to do the Hokey Pokey dance on national TV for the common good of the nation. Not sure how that helps but at least it is doable.

I have a real petition I want to start but I am going to wait till all the BS ones are gone.

On a side note I thought of starting one for giggles to have Trumps hair piece returned to its natural habitat the next time he starts some birther nonsense but there is enough of that already going on (nonsense I mean).

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The left hates the right because deep down they want to be the right without all of those pesky rules the right imposes on its self.
Not even a country yet and "New Austin" is already in imperialist mode.
"We're annexing Dublin and Shiner."
The left hates the idea of secession and therefore threatens to secede if secession is successful and begins occupation of other cities.
Super.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
HA too funny..

From what I know about how Texas feel about Austin they'd be happy to get rid of them.

They just might hold them to it now matter what.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This cannot possibly happen. How can the "blue" county programs be subsidized without the "red" counties paying for it? Do they think corporations are going to pay for the programs? Fat chance!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

The amount of butthurt shown by the conservatives in America after losing the election has never been witnessed at this magnitude. The Mayans knew that the whining and complaining would reach the heavens, get thee to a Wal-Mart before it's too late.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightWarrior11

Agreed. Austin was a much cooler place 20+ years ago before it was hijacked by people (mostly from California) due to the internet/tech "bubble" in the 90s mostly and ever since then.

Austin is now a propagandized memory of what it's currently not... Or maybe is compared to other parts of the USA, how would I know I haven't been there in years lol!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
That is such an "Austin" thing to do. I used to live in San Antonio and would travel quite often there to eat, drink and be merry. If I were to ever move back to Texas I would go to Austin. I personally find this quite amusing though it makes me wonder how the state government will now treat Austin.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Well, the neighborhood of Clarksville has decided to petition to secede from Austin, who is seceding from Texas who is seceding from the USA, because Clarksville DOES want to secede from the USA!. Meanwhile, the neighborhood of West End Austin TX has decided to follow the petitioners of Austin in seceding from Texas, who is seceding from the USA but there is mixed opinions on the residents of 10th and Lorrain street in West End, who are not sure if seceding from Austin or Texas or the USA is in their best interest. They are waiting for residents of Rio Grande Street to decide their avenue of choice because they have many relatives on that block.

Shheeeeesh! :
edit on 16-11-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
But you see, if Texas becomes its own government, then Austin can't secede because they would be property of Texas and any protests would be illegal unconstitutional terrorist al qaeda racist thinking. Right?

Of course if that were the case, Texas couldn't secede, and the U.S. would have to return to being a British colony, and the British would have to return to being under Catholicism, and Catholicism would have to return to being under Roman rule, and Rome would have to become Greek, so basically we all have to be Greek, or Jewish, or Egyptian, just to be safe we better all be Sumerian and await further orders from our alien overlords.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Austin really isn't Texas, not anymore anyway. It's a place hipsters colonized so they could attend music festivals and go to college. No big deal.
edit on 11/16/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Secession could happen as it IS in the rights of the states ,, but I feel that secession is not what we need . What we need is enough people to stand up for the Constitution of the United States and take our country back from the Rogue Government we have let turn this once great country into a sinking ship . The constitution not only gives every american the right to do so but claims it is OUR duty to do so . The only thing I fear is that the US society is to far gone in the aspect of being lazy and content to go along to get along . We HAVE to take our country back before its too late and that is all that matters !!!
edit on 16-11-2012 by bigjerm because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mademyself1984

It's as much anyone who wants to secede's country as anyone else's. It's as much their land as anyone else's. The foundation of this country has been destroyed by terrible economic and foreign policies. People who want to secede have every right to and if it is the will of the people then it should be allowed. It's just as divisive to say "leave" as it is to say "I want to form my own country", if not more so.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWarrior11

As an Austinite I'm hear to tell you,
it's the other way around.

And I can't find anything on the incredibly liberal
neighborhood of Clarksville to secede from Austin.
(I've worked in Clarksville for 14years)

Oh and it's Leslie that your thinking of post below.
He was never elected to city council.
He ran for mayor and got 2000 votes.
edit on 16-11-2012 by sealing because: Add info
edit on 16-11-2012 by sealing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I've lived in Austin.
They elected a homeless idiot to the city council.
Nuke 'em.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join