It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I'm hearing other peoples webcam mics on my computer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
you can quickly find out if it local interference, as some previous posters suggested, or if it is something coming over the web. Just unplug your LAN cable (if you are wired), else switch off your wi-fi connection on your laptop, and see if the noises disappear. If it disappears after you are disconnected from the web, it can be something over the web, however unlikely, esp. if you don't have any funny software running. If you are wired, and the voices disappear after you have unplugged your Ethernet cable, try replacing your ethernet cable with a screened one, as it can act as an antenna, esp. if there is a fault in it, which can re-radiate into your laptop speakers. If, after disconnecting yourself from the network, the voices are still there, well, then it is some pickup from AM-transmitters.

I stand corrected, after listening to the sample that you uploaded, it is not interference. Somewhere on your internet explorer (firefox, chrome, etc, etc ..... you have an ad running), or you are tuned into a streaming service with something like mediaplayer, VLC, realplayer, etc, etc, or you have a mediaplayer playing some audio file, or it can be a trojan too. Still, disconnect your internet, and then you'll know if it is a streaming service, or an internet ad, or if it is a program playing audio local to your laptop......
edit on 16/11/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce
reply to post by Mr Tranny

It happens when I have no windows open also.

Then my opinion drops in line with other people on this tread. A Trojan, or virus. You probably have something like this person had. Will probably have same fix.

forums.cnet.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Probably your webcam or microphone is poorly shielded and you are picking up radio interference. Buy a better quality product and that should fix it. I had the same problem with some cheap computer speakers. I bought better shielded speakers and the problem was fixed.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
If your on windows 7, open up the sound mixer. Than it will,usually, show you what program the sound is coming from.

As you can see in my pic when I play a youtube video, the green indicator shows sound coming from Chrome. At the very least if the sound is generated from windows you will get an indicator on the speakers part.

If you get no green indicator, when you are hearing the sound, then try switching the speakers out to make sure they are not just faulty.
edit on 21/11/12 by Kr0nZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ireminisce

OMG. I just found this post because I was googling random sounds playing on my computer! This started on my laptop earlier this summer (2012). It happens almost daily, multiple times a day. They are the most random sounds I've ever heard. None of the music is current or anything I'm familiar with. I always hear that exact same Batman clip. I also hear a Devil Wears Prada one and a lot of random stuff. I've also heard one of those "web cam chat girls" too lol. NOBODY ever believes me until they hear it! I've run all kinds of virus stuff on my computer and nothing. I've tested this without windows open. It's definitely not coming from an ad. I finally don't feel so alone. What on earth!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join