It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Orbit Tilted By Rogue Star, New Research Suggets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I wish the Nibiru crowd would make up their minds about whether Nibiru is a planet or a star. For a scientifically-minded person like me, it's very annoying when they call Nibiru just about anything that's discovered out there. Comets, asteroids, planets, stars, brown dwarfs, anything goes. Except it doesn't. According to Sitchin, Nibiru is a rocky planet orbiting the Sun and inhabited by an alien humanoid race. If you don't accept that concept of Nibiru, you're just inventing your own. But astronomy isn't about inventing things, it's about observing what's out there, cataloguing it and explaining it. Amateur astronomers constantly discover new comets and asteroids, and even extrasolar planets and supernovas. Has anyone seen Nibiru? ...

As for the topic of this thread, I think it's a viable theory. But of course if there was such a star nearby, it has long since drifted away. The nearest star system is Alpha Centauri, and we are not gravitationally bound to it. Neither have we discovered any brown dwarfs nearer than that system.

As far as binary systems are concerned, the Sun is alone.
edit on 16-11-2012 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
On a side note, some people in this thread are confusing axial inclination with orbital inclination. Axial inclination is the inclination of a planet's spin axis relative to its orbital path. Orbital inclination is (in this case) the inclination of the plane of Earth's orbit relative to the solar equator.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
i want to believe ...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Bedlam

You skipped out on the part where the guy says it's long since gone.

According to him right? i highly doubt that its gone dont forget that we had experienced a large amount of meteor showers this year and last year.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

If you actually knew anything worthwhile you would know that happens every year

Meteor Showers
edit on 16-11-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Orion tilted? Ha!
If you really watched the stars you would have known that he (Orion) climbs the hill out of the east, walks the field of stars in the south and walks down the hill in the west.

Even the conspiracy nutters that visit here can disprove this 'tilted Earth' crap in their own back yard.
Go find the north star and watch it for a couple of hours. It doesn't move!

And no Nibiru isn't affecting the north star too because it's 434 light years away.

More proof that there should be a test before some one can vote.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Nibiru in my opinion exists why you would think NASA would rather then comment on it? by saying it doesn't exist? if something doesn't like an unknown entity exists or not then the best thing to is not to talk about it.

NASA doesn't talk about pink unicorns either.......doesn't mean they exist does it?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
If anything this confirms Nibiru doesn't exist. One of the things Nibiru believers always point to as proof is the work of Matese and Whitmire, specifically Tyche and Nemesis. Now these hypothetical objects are meant to explain the orbits of long period comets. One of the leading theories to explain these comets was a rogue star passing by the solar system. It would seem the hypothesis presented in this thread go further to confirm this event and make the existence of Tyche or Nemesis even less likely.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Well we know for a fact many ancient civilizations used 360 day calendars, all you do is have to search 360 day calendars, but the info is tough to find, it is suppressed as discussing it will lead to more questions.

Many ancient civilizations used 360 day calendars

Some try to explain this away as these just being lunar calendars, but since the cycle of the moon is 29.5 days, this would give us a calendar of 354 days.

Many of these ancient civilizations were quite advanced, so 360 day calendars were not a mistake.

The only conclusion one can make is that some event pulled Earth into a slightly longer orbit.

What could do that?

Well, maybe a massive meteor impact, but that would obliterate every life form on the planet for millions of years.

Maybe Earth was influenced/bumped/captured temporarily by the gravitational field of some massive planetary body passing by the Earth, millions of miles away, far enough not to cause complete devestation, but close enough to pull the Earth further out from the Sun.

edit on 16-11-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

I guess I shouldn't be surprised you're still spouting this nonsense since you completely ignored me and Erik when we debunked these claims even though you continued to post in the same thread. Here is my reply from the first time you tried to make this claim.

Ok, I've one through the list they had and as I thought most of their claims are wrong. Out of all of those only the Persian Calendar is 360 days long but they added a month every few years to keep their calendar correlated to the solar cycle.

Assyrian Calendar: 5 months of 31 days + 6 months of 30 days + 1 month of 29 days = 364 days

Babylonian Calendar: Lunisolar Calendar. 354 days a year but in order to keep up with the solar cycle an intercalary month would be added every few years.

Chinese Calendar: Lunar calendar that alternated between 12 months of 30 days and 12 months of 29 days. This gives an average of 354 days.

Egyptian Calendar: 12 months of 30 days with five days added at the end of the year.

Ethiopian Calendar: Based on the Egyptian calendar but adds a leap day every four years.

Greek Calendar: Lunisolar Calendar. 354 days a year but in order to keep up with the solar cycle an intercalary month would be added every three years.

Hindu Calendar: This one is a bit complicated to understand on a quick perusal but it appears to be another lunisolar calendar.

Hebrew Calendar: Another lunisolar calendar. This one was based on a 19-year cycle of 235 lunar months with seven intercalary months added throughout the cycle.

Japanese Calendar: Based on the Chinese calendar.

Persian Calendar: This one actually was 360 days long. This stems from taking the Babylonian calendar and then adapting it to reflect their beliefs. To ensure the months stayed corresponded to the seasons an extra month was added every six years.

Pre-Incan Calendar: There were a number of civilization in Peru prior to the Inca. So until I know which one specifically I don't know what to search for.

Roman Calendar: These are kind of weird. Before the Julian Calendar they had two other calendars. The first was the Romulus Calendar. This was a lunar calendar but it was only 304 days long. For whatever reason the days between December and Martius were not given a month. This was followed by the Numa Calendar. This took the Romulus Calendar and then defined those interceding months. This led to a 355 day calendar. In order to keep up with the solar cycle intercalary months were occasionally added.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

how about the Earth's orbit changes (obliquity) because of the theorized Mars sized Planet that crashed into Earth some 4 Billion years ago ...

that event caused our large Moon to form, so goes the theory...'
an impact that huge would certainly have cause the orbital path to vary unnoticed year-from-year
but certainly evident to astronomers in a century-after-century tracking of our position among the stars

the 24.5 degree axis tilt is also attributed to the Moon making collision around ~4 BYA

but a 4BYA interloper into the early solar system may indeed account for all the Planets' eccentricity and obliqueness of their orbits---- a perfect/ideal-model accrection disk did not result in our solar systems present resonance or planetary alignments..

.but a wandering Star would remain cosmically close & visible and a historical trajectory could be plotted
from when it would have been influencing this solar system, imho
~4 billion years of traveling at some sensible rate of speed way slower than asteroids would make that ancient wandering Star to be visible at a distance of likely less than 10 light years away and receeding slowly

i think a team of scientists at a coffee break are just ginning up a wild topic...or else are extrapolating a close encounter with an fantasy Star Wars Death Star
edit on 16-11-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
All of these civilizations were known to have used 360 day calendars, the info is easily found onlilne, and no one disputes it, you had better check your facts,

Mayans
Egyptians
Hewbrew
Chaldeans
Assyrian
Persian
Greek
Phoenician
Carthaginian
Hindu
Chinese
Etruscan
Teuton

All you have to do is Google images for a 360 day calendar and hundreds of images of the actual calendars will appear. Click on some of the pictures to learn more, they are usually part of articles describing 360 calendars.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
All of these civilizations were known to have used 360 day calendars, the info is easily found onlilne, and no one disputes it, you had better check your facts,

Mayans
Egyptians
Hewbrew
Chaldeans
Assyrian
Persian
Greek
Phoenician
Carthaginian
Hindu
Chinese
Etruscan
Teuton

All you have to do is Google images for a 360 day calendar and hundreds of images of the actual calendars will appear. Click on some of the pictures to learn more, they are usually part of articles describing 360 calendars.

The 360-day year is the average year of the lunar and the solar: 365.24 (solar) + 354.37(lunar) = 719.61 ÷ 2 = 359.8 days rounded to 360. en.wikipedia.org...

Egyptians had a 365-day calendar. Mayans actually calculated with precision that a solar year consists of 365.242036 days. voices.yahoo.com...
I'm not very familiar with other ancient calendars, but I know that they used either solar or lunar calendars, or a combination of them.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Mayans: 13 months of 20 days each, with five extra days tacked on to the end of the year.
Egyptians: Explained in my last post.
Hebrew: Explained in my last post.
Chaldean: Used the same system as the Babylonians.
Assyrian: Explained in my last post.
Persian: Explained in my last post.
Greek: Explained in my last post.
Phoenician: lunar calendar with intercalary months added.
Carthaginian: This is the exact same thing as the Phoenician calendar.
Hindu: Explained in my last post.
Chinese: Explained in my last post.
Etruscan: The fact they're trying to claim this means they're lying outright. The only example we might have of an Etruscan calendar comes from the Liber Linteus. For the most part this manuscript remains untranslated. From what we can tell is that it might be very similar to the pre-Julian Roman calendar.
Teuton:After doing a lot of looking I cannot actually find a calendar for them. This may be due to the fact that they didn't actually have a calendar. At least that's what one of the few sources I came across says. If you can find anything that points to the contrary please provide it.

So as it stands only the Persians had a 360 day calendar and even they used intercalary months to make sure their calendar kept up with the Earth's orbit around the Sun.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

That's what's happening now. It's time for the return. The section of sky that contains Orion is currently a great place to look because it's so crystal and chemtrails don't seem to be affecting the viewing. The Pleiades, normally like a jewel, is totally obscured but just east of that comes the crystal portion of sky. Tilts seem to be in flux, though, kind of back and forth over the space of a year. Escalating weather on all solar system planets (don't know about Mercury and Venus) and moons is also a clue that something is agitating our neighborhood.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Hell Hollywood had it 60 years ago.......

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1353112870&sr=1-1&keywords=when+worlds+collide

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
No rogue star.

If we were always part of the Milky Way Galaxy our solar system would be on the same plane as the Milky Way. Our solar system is 90* off of the Milky Way Galactic plane.

We are from the Sagitarrius Dwarf Galaxy that crashed into the Milky Way Galaxy. It's galactic plane was exactly 90* off, and is why when you look up at the night sky the Milky Way is North-South....when it is supposed to be East-West if we have always been a part of this Galaxy.

It also explains why we lost a planet behind us and have the asteroid belt...why Mars lost is atmosphere...and all the planets have odd orbits dipping above and below the solar system plane. Our suns 11 year cycle of flipping....ain't from no rogue Star.

We're in an ongoing crash that won't finally resolve until our solar systems plane levels off and starts matching the Milky Way Galaxy's galactic plane.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
As i has and many of other ATS users have previously debated whatever with the existence of Nibiru is real or that we might actually live in a two star Binary system.

This is just further proof that we are close on finding out the real Nibiru and this may be very well be it.
I hope you enjoy the article.

Earth Orbit Tilted By Rogue Star, New Research Suggests

One young star may yank another's developing solar system, a new theory suggests, accounting for planets that circle their stars on tilted paths. This idea may also explain a long-standing puzzle close to home: why Earth's orbit is tipped 7° relative to the sun's equator.

But the disk migration theory suffered a blow in 2008, when astronomers began finding hot Jupiters on tilted and even backward orbits. Such wayward planets seemed to be victims of violence: The gravitational force of other planets might have kicked them onto their peculiar paths.

Earth Orbit Tilted By Rogue Star, New Research Suggets

This was hundrfeds millions of years ago, nothing to do with Nibiru, and is discussed already here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Please add tp the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join