It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After GMO Labeling Shot Down, Citizens Start Labeling Products Themselves.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

That's exactly what Romney supporters are saying. According to extremists on both topics the vote of the people doesn't matter, what they think is "right" is all that should be taken into account.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

That's exactly what Romney supporters are saying. According to extremists on both topics the vote of the people doesn't matter, what they think is "right" is all that should be taken into account.

If the vote is rigged...Absolutely.

Peace

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

Several food manufacturers, including Monsanto, Coke, Pepsi, and Kraft Foods (amongst others) threw their considerable weight behind ads to defeat the proposition, ponying up an impressive $45 million+ for the cause (Monsanto alone contributed more than $8 million). Supporters of the GMO labeling initiative, on the other hand, only came up with funds totaling less than $9 million.

ecopreneurist.com...

Support for Prop. 37 was, at first, widespread but had plummeted as election day approached. A California Business Roundtable/Pepperdine U. poll on Sept. 27 revealed that 66.9 percent of voters supported Prop. 37. The same poll taken on Oct. 11 had 48.3 percent of voters backing the initiative and only 39.1 percent as of Oct. 30.

Nearly every newspaper editorial board in the state came out against Prop 37, not on the grounds of the merit of labeling, but, rather, that the bill was poorly written.

deltafarmpress.com...

Yes it certainly seems like that was a fair and balanced process. No social manipulation going on there. No special interests throwing millions of dollars at the problem to make it go away.

edit on 16/11/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

The app idea is great, someone i know is currently working on it here in germany and you dont even need to scan the code anymore. I find the irony amusing however, using the technology of the data-mining kraken to tackle the food-poisoning monster.

google googles

software used for label-check app

edit on 16-11-2012 by talklikeapirat because: link added

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
So they're taking illegal action against a measure that was put to vote and failed. How exactly is this different from Republicans loudly whining about Obama winning? "We didn't get our way, so we're just going to do what we want anyways!" How childish.
are you joking ?
what illegal action exactly ?

the only measure put to a vote was to have the manufacturers produce the labeling ... they voted no and they aren't labeling anything, so, what's the problem ?

what measure was voted on that forbid the public from labeling anything ?

the difference here is ... the whiner will be Monsanto

and it's about dang time !!
edit on 16-11-2012 by Honor93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I am all for this measure personally as i believe when they do something akin to
this the only option we then have is to protect ourselves, and to say we don't have
that right is just plain insane, but one could argue defacing private property is
illegal, now like i said, i don't give a hoot if it is since this falls under being
a responsible human and protecting yourself.

this is comparable to me refusing to label the car that might blow up as a
danger, yet even more dangerous as a car would most likely not be operated
by a child. If they refuse to be responsible and warn people then it must be
put into some other persons hands, this isn't some debate about possible danger,
if i understand correctly there are enough studies now to show that it IS a danger.

If companies are allowed by vote to simply ignore the health of the people that
use whatever product they produce then of course they will take advantage, we
have fought battles like this again and again, money vs health.
edit on 16-11-2012 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

Unless the brand said organic, most mass producing companies are GMOs users.

I can not believe that the corrupted poisoning companies of GMOs won, Perhaps now once and for all, gullible people in this nation will finally realized who owns our government and the whores that runs it

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Great idea. You may have found a niche market. Get working on the App writing.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I say good for the people doing this. I really think that app idea would be great too! Wish I was smart enough to make one!!!

I don't understand how so many countries can be banning GMO's, but the great USA isn't even smart enough to want labeling? Oh, right, it's all about the money.
Wish I had enough to buy a Senator or 3!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I've posted this before on a few other threads, but I've been proactivly labeling products myself. Here is another printout you can make. Just Dont get Caught

Oh No Is It GMO
edit on 16-11-2012 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Lets look at this realistically. Great idea, with the best of intentions no dought. The bad part of this is the nut job that is now running around the store sticking labels on everything just for the H... of it. That being beside the point, as stated, now 70 to 80 percent of our food has been altered in some way. So what is there left on the shelves that you can have for dinner
Would someone like tell me where I can go and buy some groceries that I can afford that are not on steroids.
Like most people I can't afford to shop at the health food stores at their prices. Sure wish i could.

But it comes down to this. Your going to starve to death, or eat this crap and die a slow death, unless you can completely control your food chain.

Grow it, or feed it, so you can eat it.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Explanation: S&F!

I totally concur with such actions!

However ... a different and legal approach would be to get a hawkers licence and set up a 'GMO food only display' store and then plaster the stickers all over the produce aquired through a local wholesale dealer!

And then just have a simple sign at the front saying ...

"We don't sell GMO products ... this is just to deny any ignorance ... donations kindly accepted!

Ask about our 'GMO foods only display store' franchises if you would like to know more!"

Personal Disclosure: Advertizing ... it works both ways ... you just have to be smart about it ok!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
If We Are Not Taking Action Into Our Own Hands, We Are Leaving It In Someone Elses!~

& these are the companies for and against whats in our hands...

Press Release

Eat well * Live well

Boycott

∞LOVE
mayallsoulsbefree∞
edit on 16-11-2012 by awake1234 because: LOVE∞

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Suohhen

What Town do you live in an I will give you a listing of near by health food stores or Co-ops.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Well, if this isn't taking it to the streets (or grocery shelves) I don't know what is.

If California isn't going to stand and deliver, then it has to be done in one way or the other. Peaceful resistance is what most agree with and what is more peaceful than a sticker?

I know there's going to be flack from this movement but it will send a message to many and at least someone is doing something about the criminals in our food chain.

naturalsociety.com...

Activists and concerned citizens around the world have had enough with corrupt corporations censoring their right to know what’s in their food, and frankly they’re beyond upset. And if the government will not side with the 90 plus percentage of consumers who are in favor of GMO labeling, then they’re going to do it themselves. Read more: naturalsociety.com...

With a lack of real GMO labeling thanks to dirty tricks by pro-GMO groups like No on 37, grassroots initiatives are the only methods of alerting the public to what they are putting into their mouths. Pro-GMO campaigns have impersonated and illegally used the FDA seal, posed as phony cop and democrat groups, and poured more than $45 million into keeping consumers into the dark.Now, citizens are fighting back through peaceful grassroots initiatives. As a picture from one Treehugger blog shows, consumers are honestly labeling processed foods across the shelves of international grocers:

So, grab a few stickers, make them yourselves if you have to...and go nuts! Get the kiddies involved because what kid doesn't like grocery stores, stickers and permission to stick things on other things...

Remember: "A Sticker a Day Makes the Bad Guys Go Away!" (or something like that)

Oh..BTW...Monsanto...YOU WILL LOSE!

Campaign Website: labelityourself.org...

The Label It Yourself (#LIY) campaign empowers people to make educated decisions about what is in their food, without waiting for government or corporations to do it for them.

Peace

edit on 15-11-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Instead of vandalizing someone else's property, how about just not buying the stuff?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

Knowing the locations is not the problem. Being able to afford it is. For what i spend in a supermarket I can eat for a month. Spending the same amount in co-ops, health food stores and farmers markets, around two weeks. And I'm sure there are a lot of others sailing around in the same boat

Everyone would I'm sure, like to be able to eat better. they just don't have the budget to be able to do so.
I always wonder what are the people eating that run these huge farms using GMO's

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
How are gmos not treated as a crime against nature? Why are we allowing or food to be tampered with in the first place!? If we are what we eat, then gmos will cripple you. Its time for humans to go back to producing our own food! Save all non-gmo seeds! This is Codex Ailimentarius (slow killing through food) at its worst. The Great Spirit is most displeased.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Oannes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Hey Jude (Deliberate Beatles Pun), there's also this to take into consideration, GMO's that are deliberately Mis-Labeled as Organics. Very Sneaky and Totally Deceptive. Just so happens to be an Article about this today on NaturalNews :When is organic food still essentially GMO food? It's not a trick question:
www.naturalnews.com...
Peace
Arjunanda

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

how about the people that dont want to get ill and die eating this stuff ,yet dont know what they are eating?and the so called authority to look over these issues are not doing their job? if they did their job properly with ethics and moral standards,people wouldnt be seeking alternatives to protect the rest of the people.who is vandalizing again?
edit on 16-11-2012 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)
every so often my wife goes buy something comes home eats it just to find out it made her sick ,when i look into it,sure enough its a gmo.this stuff is no joke, people think its a slow death i beg to differ.
edit on 16-11-2012 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

edit on 16-11-2012 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join