Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

After GMO Labeling Shot Down, Citizens Start Labeling Products Themselves.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+40 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Well, if this isn't taking it to the streets (or grocery shelves) I don't know what is.

If California isn't going to stand and deliver, then it has to be done in one way or the other. Peaceful resistance is what most agree with and what is more peaceful than a sticker?

I know there's going to be flack from this movement but it will send a message to many and at least someone is doing something about the criminals in our food chain.

naturalsociety.com...

Activists and concerned citizens around the world have had enough with corrupt corporations censoring their right to know what’s in their food, and frankly they’re beyond upset. And if the government will not side with the 90 plus percentage of consumers who are in favor of GMO labeling, then they’re going to do it themselves. Read more: naturalsociety.com...

With a lack of real GMO labeling thanks to dirty tricks by pro-GMO groups like No on 37, grassroots initiatives are the only methods of alerting the public to what they are putting into their mouths. Pro-GMO campaigns have impersonated and illegally used the FDA seal, posed as phony cop and democrat groups, and poured more than $45 million into keeping consumers into the dark.Now, citizens are fighting back through peaceful grassroots initiatives. As a picture from one Treehugger blog shows, consumers are honestly labeling processed foods across the shelves of international grocers:

So, grab a few stickers, make them yourselves if you have to...and go nuts! Get the kiddies involved because what kid doesn't like grocery stores, stickers and permission to stick things on other things...

Remember: "A Sticker a Day Makes the Bad Guys Go Away!" (or something like that)

Oh..BTW...Monsanto...YOU WILL LOSE!

Campaign Website: labelityourself.org...

The Label It Yourself (#LIY) campaign empowers people to make educated decisions about what is in their food, without waiting for government or corporations to do it for them.

Peace

edit on 15-11-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Star and Flag

Only one question.
What is the general reaction from the store manager when they see someone putting a sticker on the products they have on the shelves?

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
How about an app that scans the code of the product and tells if it has gmo? Or does one excist already?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Fantastic idea

I wonder how long it'll be before they arrest someone for DAMAGING the items with a sticker?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
How do we know the competition is not putting a skull and cross bones label on their competitors items, not because they deem it gmo but so you buy their brand? This is outright illegal, and I would rather not have vigilantes going around mis-labeling things.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC
Star and Flag

Only one question.
What is the general reaction from the store manager when they see someone putting a sticker on the products they have on the shelves?

That's why I say to get the kidlets involved. They're small, sneaky and can 'Bob 'n Weave' like a pro.

Personally, I don't care what the store manager has to say. He's just as criminal in his actions for supporting this crap IMO.

Peace

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
How about an app that scans the code of the product and tells if it has gmo? Or does one excist already?

I've heard that idea mentioned before, problem is they'd keep changing the codes.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gangdumstyle
How do we know the competition is not putting a skull and cross bones label on their competitors items, not because they deem it gmo but so you buy their brand? This is outright illegal, and I would rather not have vigilantes going around mis-labeling things.

Riiight...

Because what Monsanto is doing is legal...and even the courts tell us it's legal.

Only in the courts they pay for my friend. Not in the eyes of human beings that have to live here on this Earth. They are the REAL criminals.

The line is often blurred and sometimes it has to be defined.

Peace

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

they're definitely going to get kicked off the property when management realizes whats going on. their best bet after getting the boot would be to peacefully hand out flyers with a list of products containing anything GMO. no one can do anything about that as long as they are on public property. well, at least for now.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Fantastic idea

I wonder how long it'll be before they arrest someone for DAMAGING the items with a sticker?

It will happen.

Bad Press is better than none IMO.

Peace

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by PsykoOps

I've heard that idea mentioned before, problem is they'd keep changing the codes.

I don't know how those codes work at all but aren't they somehow registered? That would make it difficult to shuffle the codes around. And easier to keep a central database. The app could report to the maker if it finds a product it has no info about or gives the wrong product name and description so it can be updated.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Although I would love for GMO's to be labeled, this idea doesn't make that much sense.

How can ordinary people that didn't inspect righteously the product could identify it with having gmo's in the first place?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator
Although I would love for GMO's to be labeled, this idea doesn't make that much sense.

How can ordinary people that didn't inspect righteously the product could identify it with having gmo's in the first place?

More here on the codes:

www.fourwinds10.net...

The codes are based on four-digit numbers for conventional produce, to which an extra digit is added to indicate organic or GM status. If the number is five digits beginning with a 9, then the item is organic. If the item is five digits beginning in 8, then it is a genetically modified crop.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Great Thread Jude, I'm gonna look into getting some of those self inking stamps made tomorrow to give to some of the Locals with Lists of GMO Products from naturalnews.com. There are lots of sources online with lists of these products. There are a lot of us here in Cali who are disgusted with the Dirty Tricks Played by Monsanto et al and as you said, it's time for We The People to do something proactive about this (Folks can then make their own decision if they want to feed their families with this Faux Food).. Last Tuesday Night was Great in Some Respects, but Prop 37 going down was A Big Bummer for a lot of the folks I know round here. Thank You for starting this thread and PEACE
Arjunanda

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
So they're taking illegal action against a measure that was put to vote and failed. How exactly is this different from Republicans loudly whining about Obama winning? "We didn't get our way, so we're just going to do what we want anyways!" How childish.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
So they're taking illegal action against a measure that was put to vote and failed. How exactly is this different from Republicans loudly whining about Obama winning? "We didn't get our way, so we're just going to do what we want anyways!" How childish.

The difference is that this shouldn't be a question of should we or shouldn't we... of course we should god damn label anything GMO, people have a right to know what they are eating. These GMO companies are so damn unethical it's not even funny... all they care about is profit, and they will go to any length to make sure we don't know what is GMO and what isn't. So if it takes a little bit of law breaking to fight back against them, so be it... it's better than just sitting around and complaining about it on the internet, that is childish.
edit on 15/11/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf

Nice way to bring politics into a thread but...

If you read up on it, the vote for labeling as well as Obama's win were both rigged from the start.

Gotta follow the ins and outs on GMO to see what's truly going on.

But to put it another way, Nations across the World are banning GMO and kicking Monsanto's ass out of their fields. What makes California so important that it should speak for an entire Nation? With or without vote tampering?

California is the example of exactly why this should take place.

Peace

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I truly feel sorry for you all living in the US, you are stuck with GM products and can't even get it labeled. Since most grain crops, including corn, in the US contain GMO's or other harmful substances already banned by other countries, I don't buy US products even though they are available for this reason.

Due to peoples concern over GM products, I am now seeing products labeled non-GM from countries that have already banned GMO's. The US products carry no such label or even one stating that they contain GMO's so they just gather dust on the shelves, whereas, products from other countries that ban GMO's are in high demand.

Monsanto is killing you in more ways than one and it's about time the people took the fight to the shelves with stickers in hand. Monsanto does not fight fair and no one said you had to either.

As for those that say it's illegal to do such a thing, just remember, you are feeding this poison to your children either knowingly or unknowingly. It would be better to know and not poison your children than the alternative. If you love your children, I suggest you not feed such garbage to your kids.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
You know I think one of the main reasons they don't want to label GMO foods, is because almost everything is a GMO product or contains traces of GMO elements. It would be quite shocking to learn nearly everything on the shelves in your grocery store are GMO products.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron
As for those that say it's illegal to do such a thing, just remember, you are feeding this poison to your children either knowingly or unknowingly. It would be better to know and not poison your children than the alternative. If you love your children, I suggest you not feed such garbage to your kids.

Could not have said it better myself.

Peace

edit on 15-11-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join