It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(some) Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
An owner of many Denny's restaurants has apparently "announced" bad news because of ObamaCare.

A 5% surcharge will be added to customers bills and many employee hours will be chopped down to under 30 hours a week.

The owner says he is willing to take the chance of losing business with the surcharge rather than just raising prices.

ObamaCare says employees under 30 hours don't need to be covered by the employer.

I guess those people will have to go to those "exchanges" to get insurance or just pay the fines on their income tax returns.

Some might qualify for assistance Medicaid in some States.

President Obama's election victory ensured his Affordable Care Act would remain the centerpiece of his first term in power - but that has left some business owners baulking at the extra cost Obamcare will bring.

Florida based restaurant boss John Metz, who runs approximately 40 Denny's and owns the Hurricane Grill & Wings franchise has decided to offset that by adding a five percent surcharge to customers' bills and will reduce his employees' hours.

With Obamacare due to be fully implemented in January 2014, Metz has justified his move by claiming it is 'the only alternative. I've got to pass on the cost to the customer.'

Source Article

Many companies will be reducing weekly hours to under 30.

It looks like 30 hours is the new standard for full time

related thread: Obamacare Mandate: Anyone Who Works 30-Hour Week Is Now 'Full-Time'

I wonder if any studies have been done about the effects on employees' reduced hours.

Maybe some of those people will need more medical attention from the added stress !!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
We're in the new world civil war.

Vote with your wallet.

The end.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Guess I won't be ordering "moons over my hammy" anymore

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...