It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery of Clown Phobia Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I have a theory as to why some people have a great fear of clowns. I remembered that abductees speak of a screen image, not to be confused with screen memory, which is the replacement of the real memories of the abduction with a false memory. The screen image is used so that the abductors can be calmer and not have a fit because they are presented with an image other than their real appearance. Remember in “tThe Day the Earth Stood Still” the alien was asked what he really looks like and his response was “no, it would only frighten you”. I believe very strongly that in the early years of abduction, such as 2-7 years old, they use the screen image of a clown because kids love clowns. In time however, the child begins to recognize the fact that every time they see this “clown”, horrible things happen to them. This leads to a phobia that people think as irrational, but in fact, they have every reason to fear the image of the clown. It is a phobia that many people have and do not see any rational explanation, it is a fear they just cannot place.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Grown men or women shouldn't dress up in masks and grin and try to entertain children. I mean, really it is kind of creepy in todays world for a grown man to want to be Santa and have little kids on his lap or for grown people to dress like clowns or something. These people just love kids and some of them maybe a little too much.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessieg
Grown men or women shouldn't dress up in masks and grin and try to entertain children.

Too right,

I mean, when I look at how creepy something like this ^ is, no wonder there's a phobia.

Clowns are just creepy, period.

edit on 15-11-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I always just figured that people with coulrophobia had been killed by John Wayne Gacy in a past life

LOL @ 2:50

edit on 15-11-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I think the movie 'It' and the clown doll from poltergiest really had alot to make clowns scary, and the cult film killer klowns from outer space as well

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
There is this man that always comes into Walmart and plays a harmonica to children. He thinks it is great and entertaining for the kids. He said he was going to dress up as Santa this year. I mean really, he was creeping people out. I don't know if he had a clue he was doing it, but no one wanted their kids anywhere near the guy.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I think the movie 'It' and the clown doll from poltergiest really had alot to make clowns scary, and the cult film killer klowns from outer space as well

Yep, and Captain Spaulding sealed the deal..

edit on 15-11-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Really anything with a mask is hiding its true self, which is deceptive mostly. Perhaps one can come up with a good reason for hiding the true self, such as not wanting to overwhelm someone with just how epic you truely are. Maybe in a humble way it could be good. You don't want someone's mind blown by your awesomeness. But mostly I think it is deceptive.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I knew I shouldn't have click on this thread because I knew that there was going to be a scary clown picture.

I won't be able to sleep for days now.

Give me a brain eating zombie any day,just no clowns.

Peace

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I think a lot of it could be blamed on disney, some of the images in childrens entertainment is very creepy.
If you want a well adjusted child keep them away from the tv in their early years.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

The attention craving fat lady, a classic

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessieg
Grown men or women shouldn't dress up in masks and grin and try to entertain children. I mean, really it is kind of creepy in todays world for a grown man to want to be Santa and have little kids on his lap or for grown people to dress like clowns or something. These people just love kids and some of them maybe a little too much.

I hear ya, and some kids are scared to death of Santa in the mall.

OP, you got me thinking about this. How weird is it that kids of ALL ages just love the creepy costumes of Halloween-- witches with green faces, skeletons, bloody-fanged draculas-- I mean really sinister looking stuff. And then there's this clown with a happy face, wearing bright, cheery clothes & carrying balloons & flower. He's all slap-stick clumsy mixed with ultra acrobatic. He walks funny and rides a unicycle like nobody's business. Ought to be a joyously entertaining sight to behold. But NOOOOO... if clown-a-phobics had their choice, they'd just as soon run right into the arms of stitched-together Frankenstein. :pus:

Go Figure. S & F!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForceMaster
I have a theory as to why some people have a great fear of clowns. I remembered that abductees speak of a screen image, not to be confused with screen memory, which is the replacement of the real memories of the abduction with a false memory. The screen image is used so that the abductors can be calmer and not have a fit because they are presented with an image other than their real appearance.

Mr White Crow here - I hate clowns more than I hate Snooki, and that's saying something. I literally can't watch clowns on TV.

My brothers and I had a LOT of "abduction experiences" which we (mostly) attribute to hypnogogic dreams, but none of them involved clowns. One brother saw owls as cover images. the others of us mostly ran into blue doctors. If I had seen a clown come into the house at night or pop up outside a window telling us to come outside I'd have thrown a rod, right then and there.

OTOH, how can you be afraid of a blue doctor? If one strolled in here and now, I'd give it a beer and order some snacks. I mean, I seriously LIKED blue doctors. But as far as I'm concerned, "IT" was a clown documentary.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I blame Ronald

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan

Seriously - look at that. Bloody mouth, fangs, grabby hands, big stompy feet, and worst of all, it's a ginger. It has no soul.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It is Quetzalcoatl, Satan, Old Nick, Loki.
We have an ancient common primal memory of the Evil One as a joker, a clown, a trickster.
It goes across cultures, and is terrifying, and real.

Look at the YT video channel of TheGroxt; he explains it beautifully.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ForceMaster

Interesting idea.....

Personally, I think it's just because some clowns (not all, but some) are downright CREEPY!!!!! I don't mind most at a circus, or the kid party types, at all. Some, though.....too weird. It's because, I think, they are hiding their real face (sort of related to your idea). Some, too, like the harlequin types, are just spooky overall. Never cared for virtually any clown toys!

As a side note, does anyone know of any actually scary (as opposed to campy joke type) clown movies?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan

Seriously - look at that. Bloody mouth, fangs, grabby hands, big stompy feet, and worst of all, it's a ginger. It has no soul.

Here we go again...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
NavyDoc mentions

Well, everybody knows that gingers have no souls.

You guys are asking to be hexed by ATS (ginger hair) witches. lol

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Watching the movie "Spawn" as a child ruined clowns for me...

Violator gave me the creeps. Short fat disgustingly greasy and vile clown that turns into a demon...

Being only 7 when the movie came out, I had nightmares for weeks about that clown..

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join