It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Needing some identification on an aircraft

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Yes I understand what you're saying but these are fairly low in aviation standards. The weather has changed in 6 months so I've seen them every single night in varying weather so I can not give a specific condition. Green light is away and red closer to me.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
For clarification on the strobing lights you witness

Anti-Collision Beacon lights: Two beacon lights are fitted to aircraft near the center of the fuselage. One is located on top of the fuselage and the other on the bottom. These lights are colored reddish orange and rotate to produce a flashing effect. The beacons are turned on just before the engines are started and they remain active until the last engine is shut down. The beacons help to serve as a safety warning to ground personnel that the engines are operational.

This light is on the under-belly of the fuselage and rotate as stated. This light is reddish of course and would not fit your description.

I added emphasis below, which could explain the pattern you witnessed.

Strobe lights: High-intensity strobe lights that flash a white-colored light are located on each wingtip. Most smaller planes are only equipped with one of these strobes near the leading edge just behind the red or green navigation light. Larger airliners may be equipped with an additional strobe at the trailing edge as well. These flashing lights are very bright and intended to attract attention during flight. They are sometimes also used on the runway and during taxi to make the plane more conspicuous.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

Yes I really think that would be a great solution! I live at the lake so water is 20 feet from me so no issues there lol. But I honestly feel like it is electronic harassment. I certainly hope not though..

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I understand. And yea my guess could be way off or on but I'll add to the thread in a few days and see if I can't get some pics on my wifes night vision cam when she gets it back tomorrow. There are also so much unexplained sightings I've seen here recently that it scared me to post about it. I live on the lake and I've seen lights fly out of the water.. That's all I'm comfortable posting lol..

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unconditionaltruth

Yes I understand what you're saying but these are fairly low in aviation standards. The weather has changed in 6 months so I've seen them every single night in varying weather so I can not give a specific condition. Green light is away and red closer to me.

Not giving away your location of course, are you east of OKC or west of it? (on note of your last post, don't post an answer if you feel uncomfortable) I presume you are looking north while observing these flights?

It fascinates me and I have unique resources that can either pinpoint what you see or if you truly are seeing the unidentified.
edit on 15-11-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

The red beacon is noticeable and constant. But these white strobes blink below it towards the tail of the plane. It's like 10 lights from one wing to the other except it moves relatively fast from wing, across bottom, to other wing

Sorry east of okc. Close to Arkansas border
edit on 15-11-2012 by Unconditionaltruth because: Oops

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I am facing south. They go north/northeast . There are multiple types of craft I see but the constant one I see are these with the pulsating strobe. It's pattern is alternating so it starts right wingtip, bottom, left wingtip. Left wingtip, bottom, right wingtip. Then center(bottom) to each wingtip . Then the cycle repeats

But when you think right to left it's not 3 lights it's about 10 in between that stretches across the belly of the plane
edit on 15-11-2012 by Unconditionaltruth because: Oops

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I know this isn't the aircraft I am speaking but two nights ago at around 9 pm I saw an aircraft that was audible like a jet sound but the front of the craft lit up sooo bright for about 10 seconds then in a split second the craft went completely dark to where I couldn't even see the nav lights but could still hear it. I'm in the wrong place I feel lol I get too scared to speak of this stuff but I feel it's about time for me to and I will get footage for everyone as soon as my wife gets her cam back. I'll use my telescope so it will be clear

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Alright, further observation would be helpful. I see a "jetway" from KOKC to KTUL, which is a general NNE direction. NAVAIDS and RVR make flight paths more dynamic along with ADS-B (GPS technology), freeing flights from following old way-points such as VORs.

When you say it occurs every 3-minutes, how long does it pass by every 3 minutes? An hour? The rest of the night?

I will check flights in that area at around the time you stated and see if I see a steady stream of commercial flights that fit your observation. As for the strobes, a video or picture would be extremely helpful.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Unconditionaltruth

Why are you freaked out about talking about this? Do you think you are being watched? If so, do yo believe that the plane sightings are related?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHistorian

It freaks me out because I have seen many things while living at the lake that before I never believed in aliens and UFO but what I have seen has made me a true believer. I just get concerned for my family's safety more than anything because I don't want the wrong thing to slip. I do believe these are related because I will observe aircraft fly over me, start to turn behind the woods and circle around a few times before leaving. Definitely not commercial in IMO

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I see what you mean. That flight path is not near my location. When I say every 3 min I mean if I look south/southeast/ southwest, evey three minutes a new one will appear or maybe it's the same one circling seeing I lose the plane in the treeline as it goes out of view

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Am curious as to why you think you'd get such special treatment as being followed by a drone.
As a researcher of over 30 years, ATS member, ATS Super Mod and host of the Live radio show I have searched for some pretty serious stuff in my time including details on security, nukes, black projects and classified programmes and I don't have a thing following me.

What have you been searching?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unconditionaltruth

I see what you mean. That flight path is not near my location. When I say every 3 min I mean if I look south/southeast/ southwest, evey three minutes a new one will appear or maybe it's the same one circling seeing I lose the plane in the treeline as it goes out of view

I think you are either being dramatic for effect. While the prospect of a "police state" or the notion of being "watched" runs high on this site, I don't think state resources are being directed at you. That said, you could be seeing something unusual. The question remains though: if you are given evidence that what you see is normal, will you believe it or will you continue to believe what you think?

This is a key point in conspiracies and beliefs of those who observe them. I can (and have) offer you plausible explanations for what you saw. The mere fact that it is unknown to you should be kept at an arms length.

Facts: The flights you see are in a general NNE direction. If you are near OKC, this could be "over-head" flights or flights straight out of KOKC (hence the strobes you see; typically used below 10000, high traffic situations or inclement weather; should also be noted that pilots are at the control of their lights on board. )

You guess 20,000 feet. This is pure speculation. At night, you cannot judge the distance of an aircract at 10,000, 20,000 or 40,000 feed merely on the navigation lights.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I know what it seems, I am looking for attention or trying to be "that guy" but in all reality I just wanted to get some stuff across that I've witnessed and asked for a logical, non-conspiracy answer because I sure hope it is all logical. My reasoning to keep most of what I know or say quite or to a minimum is for family reasons and safety. My father is the reason I'm so careful just for the fact if his career. Before I was born he was in the FBI, after that he has been police chief for over 30 years and is currently about to retire. I hesitate on what I say because I know the risk definitely outway the benefits in my family. All I do is come here to ATS for some answers that I do not understand. And seeing My fathers past career, i seem to be the "black sheep" for searching for answers to the unknown

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

That is purely your right to an opinion based on what I say and take it as you will. I'm not here and didn't join ATS to be in any limelight. In fact I really wish the term "conspiracy" never existed in our world and that all is good and dandy, but it's not. I just come looking for answers and if I sound extreme in my wording then I am sorry. But I only say and speak of what really concerns me, that is all. Tulsa is west of me and the flights you say are heading north. I am 2 hours away from Tulsa and if a flight were to head over me, they would be traveling east, not south to north. And rest assured I will see a craft every three minutes on a litteral scale.

Like I said hopefully my wife gets her cam back today and I'll post video as soon as I can so you can see what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the info

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Just a thought on the lights on this aircraft, you said that you see Ospreys quite a lot following the same route, maybe you are seeing them at night? I am thinking that perhaps due to the size of the rotors in forward flight, they may interrupt some of the beacons on the aircraft from your viewpoint. Possibly also being reflections on the blades of the rotors.

I have not seen an Osprey myself at night so can't say from experience, but I could imagine that those two large rotors in front could cause illusions.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by fwm75

Oh no I mean last week I saw an osprey during the daytime and it literally shook my house from the vibrations of it's propellors. Also the osprey I see go west to east, not south to north.

Sorry for my miscommunication

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Unconditionaltruth

i too have seen these objects with strobe light patterns like yours

i have even seen one that moved like three steps forward two steps back

square in shape lights with a slight strobe effect

it was really cool 6ish in the morning

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Just because they're flying south to north doesn't mean you can automatically rule out any aircraft. There are dozens of military bases in the OKC area. These could easily be transferring to another base, or flying training, or ferrying supplies from one location to another. You can't say 'If they were this they'd be going this way" and automatically rule something out. There are a lot of explanations as to why they are flying the route they are flying, and ruling out something automatically doesn't make sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join