It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Needing some identification on an aircraft

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Sorry this is my first post on the board and it's more a question than anything, but I am in dire need of an answer.

For the past 6 months I would pick up my wife from work around 6 pm and get home around 6:30pm. Every night for the last 6 months I would go outside and map stars and such because astronomy is very relaxing to me.

So to my point, at about 7:30 on the dot every night I witness silent aircraft going south to north. It is always night so I can't see any body of the aircraft only the navigation lights. What is weird is it's almost every 3 minutes a new one will fly by (same one circling?) in the same direction. The way I'm asking anyone to identify this aircraft is from it's strobe pattern. It is not typical two fast or slow blinks like most that I am able to identify, but this seems to start it's first strobe from the right wingtip to left but what's odd is it has multiple lights underneath it's body as well so it's a pulsing pattern if that makes sense. So again it will pulse right to left, then left to right, then here's where I get confused, from center to both wings?? The only way to understand the pattern is to think of a new mustang blinker that pulses and not blink.

Only explanation I can see Is uav drone but I can't seem to find any info on their strobe patterns. About where I live, I am not near an air force base, live inside of a state park so I can see the sky way better here than the city. I've been here over 3 years and this is the first year to experience this. Also have been seeing osprey going west to east this month so I am certain what I'm seeing is military. And the weird thing to me is these planes I'm seeing will always fly directly above my head dead center ( maybe using my phones gps?)

Anyways sorry mods if in wrong forum and any answers would be appreciated

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Unconditionaltruth

Can we get a little more info? Proximity to any military installations? Region of the country/state? Any chance you could snap a pic since this occurs regularly?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
A video would help - you're going to obviously need someone with a lot more flight experience than myself...at least a drawing or diagram of the light arrangement probably will be needed

Where each color is in the pattern would probably help as well...ie. Red is sometimes the engine strobe - white nav lights, etc...also sometimes the landing lights can be used in the strobe pattern...etc.

edit on 15-11-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'm curious to know why you would think it was honed in on your phones GPS? Are you someone special, someone that needs to be tracked ? Maybe turn your phone off and wrap it in tinfoil and see if the craft appears someplace else.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHistorian

I'm in eastern Oklahoma and the nearest base would be in Oklahoma city but I go outside every single night, I mean every night and map stars and this is the first year I have seen these aircraft. Some of the time I will see multiple by each other in close proximity to one another then break into opposite directions . I don't have a computer to use just my cell phone and I can't get a pic in the night with a cell phone which is the only time I see them. No daytime sightings

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unconditionaltruth
Sorry this is my first post on the board and it's more a question than anything, but I am in dire need of an answer.

For the past 6 months I would pick up my wife from work around 6 pm and get home around 6:30pm. Every night for the last 6 months I would go outside and map stars and such because astronomy is very relaxing to me.

So to my point, at about 7:30 on the dot every night I witness silent aircraft going south to north. It is always night so I can't see any body of the aircraft only the navigation lights. What is weird is it's almost every 3 minutes a new one will fly by (same one circling?) in the same direction. The way I'm asking anyone to identify this aircraft is from it's strobe pattern. It is not typical two fast or slow blinks like most that I am able to identify, but this seems to start it's first strobe from the right wingtip to left but what's odd is it has multiple lights underneath it's body as well so it's a pulsing pattern if that makes sense. So again it will pulse right to left, then left to right, then here's where I get confused, from center to both wings?? The only way to understand the pattern is to think of a new mustang blinker that pulses and not blink.

Only explanation I can see Is uav drone but I can't seem to find any info on their strobe patterns. About where I live, I am not near an air force base, live inside of a state park so I can see the sky way better here than the city. I've been here over 3 years and this is the first year to experience this. Also have been seeing osprey going west to east this month so I am certain what I'm seeing is military. And the weird thing to me is these planes I'm seeing will always fly directly above my head dead center ( maybe using my phones gps?)

Anyways sorry mods if in wrong forum and any answers would be appreciated

You told us everything but....where... you are? Could be a secret UFO sight.....lmao....are you in Nevada near Groom lake/area 51?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Also, I think this belongs in the UFO section.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

Well I do feel that I am being tracked for the stuff I've searched on google in the past( I know big brother watches) if it is uav, I suspect it can use gps in our phones to get to our locations whether the phone is on,off, wrapped etc. Why wouldn't they use this to their advantage?

Also I have wrapped my phone in foil before and layed it on the pickups on my guitar which will pick up the cell signal via amplifier and have come to conclude foil strengthens the signal

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

Eastern Oklahoma. And I understand it is unidentified, but I use binoculars and know this aircraft has nav lights and wingtips.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Have you tried checking around online to see if there's some publicly available app or service that will track air traffic?

I found this Googling for a second...don't know if it would have what you want but you could probably at least eliminate a commercial flight of some sort...

Flight Stats

Looks like you have to register or something so it may not be the answer but there may be some other service out there that can give you an idea of what it could be...

Also it may help to guess where it's coming from/going to if possible & check with the airports if you really want to know that bad...of course you could always call in a UFO & ask them if there's a flight in the area...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Also - just a thought...If the flights are headed south then they could be commercial flights going into Dallas...it's a high traffic flight path (they fly over me all the time but I haven't noticed the strobe patterns at all...just assumed they were all commercial flights)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

The navs on it are green, red. The strobe is all white and it's a pulsing pattern and I'd say there are at least 10 strobes from wingtip, across belly of aircraft, to left wingtip. Not simultaneous on wingtip. It will start on one side and "pulse" to the other side. Like I said on a recent reply I only have a cell phone and can't take night pics so just need some help without if there was a possibility

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
How close are these planes flying to you locations? The reason I ask is there are a number of small aircraft T-6, T-38, and T-1 that fly out of Vance AFB. You could be seeing night training missions. Just a theory.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Always going south to north and too low to be commercial. The wings seem to be "squared" like a glider but moves fast and silent

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

This happened on the NorthEast corner of Oklahoma earlier this year. There is a drawing of the crafts. They were headed North to South, but some posters in that thread related other UFO experiences in eastern Oklahoma.

Commercial flights to compare to your location.

Oklahoma UFO Video from April

Drawings
edit on 15-11-2012 by darkhorserider because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
A few questions:

What was the weather like?

I know it was night time, so determining altitude (such as a aircraft on final approach to OKC) will be hard.

What were the navigation lights relative positions? Meaning, was the green light further away or closer (use this to determine flight path).

ETA: "Fast and silent" are quite subjective. I work and live in the path of arrival and departure of an airport. Sometimes, depending on the weather, atmospheric conditions and time of day I wouldn't notice an aircraft unless I looked up. I think we cannot use that descriptor until further evidence is confirmed. Until then it leads only to conjecture.
edit on 15-11-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

reply to post by minkmouse

Well I do feel that I am being tracked for the stuff I've searched on google in the past( I know big brother watches) if it is uav, I suspect it can use gps in our phones to get to our locations whether the phone is on,off, wrapped etc. Why wouldn't they use this to their advantage?

Also I have wrapped my phone in foil before and layed it on the pickups on my guitar which will pick up the cell signal via amplifier and have come to conclude foil strengthens the signal

Well...That's gotta be some very serious surfing in the wrong places to warrant a dedicated aircraft to track you don't you think? Couldn't they just query a satellite to get your location? Then again, I don't know your surfing habits but if you're correct and I were you, I'd be throwing my phone in the lake and gettin the hell outa Dodge!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

If I had to guesstimate, I would say below 20,000 feet. Surprisingly low but pitch black out so I can't see the body just the wings. That is interesting though, I didn't think of that so I will look into that to see their activity recently. Thank you for the info

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

That is eerie. Occasionally there will be an aircraft that is very bright and triangular that'll disappear while these aircraft I'm speaking of will come out from behind it, usually two at a time then they will break away. Thanks for the info!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

If I had to guesstimate, I would say below 20,000 feet. Surprisingly low but pitch black out so I can't see the body just the wings. That is interesting though, I didn't think of that so I will look into that to see their activity recently. Thank you for the info

Not to disparage this guesstimate, but you wouldn't be able to identify if a plane was at or below 20,000 feet during the day with just your naked eye let alone on a dark night. But I also understand you are making a guess here. 20,000ft is cruise level depending on the plane's flight path. If you are seeing a "constant" stream of these flights it could be because they have altered the flight paths over your area.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join