It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the God premise is really REALLY BAD!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Originally posted by notquiteright
Well said. You get a star and flag for that. I have often said to my wife (who is Catholic) that it's not just that I do not believe, I actually think it is harmful to society. She has told me it's god first, then the family. I think that is absurd. Nothing before my family.

Agreed. Any god that is conceited enough to expect people to choose his silly rules over their own friends and family can go eat a bag of ****. I'd rather spend eternity in a lake of fire than pander to such an arrogant entity if he were in fact real.

When you take care of you family you take care of something that is part of god. You can believe that you are disconnected from god all you want and that your family is but that does not make it true. Obey the golden rule and try to enjoy life if you want to. One day when you are ready you will allow god to connect to you and then you will understand.
edit on 18-11-2012 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I have to disagree, believing in God isn't evil, people are evil. Man has distorted what God set out to do for people. Look at how scriptures were removed from the bible in hopes to make the bible more suited to those that were the head of the church. Sadly those that run the churches are human and make a lot of mistakes and fail at what the true word is suppose to be about.

This is why I do not follow an organized religion. There are too many out there in it for their own gain. To weed that out I believe what I want to believe without following a flock. But I will never say God is evil.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
All the bad stuff man does must have been taught to us by god then, because he refuse's to do anything about it.
If god did create man then we must be in some kind of zoo and he is just enjoying the show.
Where is god when good innocent people are murdered by the millions? (holocaust)
we didn't see a miracle that stopped it all, no Man had to step in and stop the killings by killing the killers.
Its all Human Nature.
You can say "oh well taking care of your family weather you know it or not you connecting with god" all you want but its Human Nature. Love empathy anger sadness happiness all of it HUMAN NATURE.
God is to simplistic of an answer, if god created us then who created him and so on and so fourth.
The day i die if i do face a so called god guess what i am going to do.
nope not beg for forgiveness
not ask why he didn't prove he was real to me nope nothing of that sort.
I am going to give him a verbal beating
and if there is a hell i am going to be verbally beating him all the way there.
But in the all likely hood that there is no god no hell I am going to feel sorry for all the living people devoting there hopes and belief's to a false entity.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
couldn't agree more! we will never develop to our potential as long as religion has a hold on us.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join