Gun ideas?

page: 2
2
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiraCity
Just remember. Never pull a gun unless you have intention to kill.. they should never be used for intimidation, also remember what I said about overpenetration. Bird shot or trap loads are what you want for home defense.
edit on 15-11-2012 by ConspiraCity because: (no reason given)


Never knew that about over penetration. Thanks for that info... I live in an apartment complex


Shotgun it is!


EDIT; Also, out of curiosity, why do you say a gun should never be used for intimidation?
edit on 15-11-2012 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)




posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX
 


oh i hit a nerve so has to bring the grammar up?hey thats cool....if that day ever comes up the world goes to pot then i,m not worried cause use will have killed each other off for us over here not to even worry about use



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
soz alcohol has fried my brain,meant you,s



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX
 


oh i hit a nerve so has to bring the grammar up?hey thats cool....if that day ever comes up the world goes to pot then i,m not worried cause use will have killed each other off for us over here not to even worry about use


Your grammar sucks, yet you're saying I'm the one with the fried brain. I find that finny, dude. Don't flatter yourself.

I'm not just prepping for TSHTF stuff, I am prepping for every day life, which is, contrary to what some of you drones think, NOT always safe.

I had to read your post four times before understanding what it said.

Read some books, dude. Learn to write.



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
soz alcohol has fried my brain,meant you,s


... what?



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX
 


4 times?jesus i may be bad but someone with half the sense would have been able to read it before then



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Originally posted by ConspiraCity
Just remember. Never pull a gun unless you have intention to kill.. they should never be used for intimidation, also remember what I said about overpenetration. Bird shot or trap loads are what you want for home defense.
edit on 15-11-2012 by ConspiraCity because: (no reason given)


Never knew that about over penetration. Thanks for that info... I live in an apartment complex


Shotgun it is!


EDIT; Also, out of curiosity, why do you say a gun should never be used for intimidation?
edit on 15-11-2012 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)


Because it's illegal and you will lose the privilege to own a firearm. Never pull out your weapon unless you plan on using it. Take a safety and/or concealed carry class. Know the law and be responsible.

Before you seriously start looking to purchase familiarize yourself with federal and local law.



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX
 


4 times?jesus i may be bad but someone with half the sense would have been able to read it before then


Half the sense of what? A dead toad?

Forgive me, I'm used to reading novels... literature in which people type, spell, and speak properly.



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX
 


oh i,m sorry we,r not all up to ur standards....i,ll go get the silver spoon life u,ve obviously lived



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Originally posted by ConspiraCity
Just remember. Never pull a gun unless you have intention to kill.. they should never be used for intimidation, also remember what I said about overpenetration. Bird shot or trap loads are what you want for home defense.
edit on 15-11-2012 by ConspiraCity because: (no reason given)


Never knew that about over penetration. Thanks for that info... I live in an apartment complex


Shotgun it is!


EDIT; Also, out of curiosity, why do you say a gun should never be used for intimidation?
edit on 15-11-2012 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)


Because it's illegal and you will lose the privilege to own a firearm. Never pull out your weapon unless you plan on using it. Take a safety and/or concealed carry class. Know the law and be responsible.

Before you seriously start looking to purchase familiarize yourself with federal and local law.


They actually have a law stating you can't intimidate someone with a gun? Didn't know that.

Thanks for the info. That's why I wanna go to my home sweet Texas... wonderful gun laws.

Geez, every time I hear a law I've never heard of, I always get angry.



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX
 


oh i,m sorry we,r not all up to ur standards....i,ll go get the silver spoon life u,ve obviously lived




I'd tell you my life story, but you're really not worth the time, and I have a migraine.

All I can say is, you couldn't BE more wrong.

Silver spoon life...




posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Originally posted by ConspiraCity
Just remember. Never pull a gun unless you have intention to kill.. they should never be used for intimidation, also remember what I said about overpenetration. Bird shot or trap loads are what you want for home defense.
edit on 15-11-2012 by ConspiraCity because: (no reason given)


Never knew that about over penetration. Thanks for that info... I live in an apartment complex


Shotgun it is!


EDIT; Also, out of curiosity, why do you say a gun should never be used for intimidation?
edit on 15-11-2012 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)


Because it's illegal and you will lose the privilege to own a firearm. Never pull out your weapon unless you plan on using it. Take a safety and/or concealed carry class. Know the law and be responsible.

Before you seriously start looking to purchase familiarize yourself with federal and local law.


They actually have a law stating you can't intimidate someone with a gun? Didn't know that.

Thanks for the info. That's why I wanna go to my home sweet Texas... wonderful gun laws.

Geez, every time I hear a law I've never heard of, I always get angry.


I live in a state with some of the most lax gun laws in the country, and brandishing is still illegal. Same goes in Texas. Don't pull your gun out to scare people, you will get burned.



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX
 


Sounds like you need to hit up your local sheriff's office or range and take a class on use of deadly force, your state conceal carry laws as well as a basic handgun or shotgun (for home defense) class, before you ever actually take one home. You seem to be lacking basic, fundamental knowledge/ information.

ETA: some will have differing opinions of course, but I think that one who is "prepping" should probably have a shotgun, a rifle and a handgun (probably in that order) unless of course, you have a conceal carry license in which case the handgun can be bumped up on the list.
edit on 15-11-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX
 


Sounds like you need to hit up your local sheriff's office or range and take a class on use of deadly force, your state conceal carry laws as well as a basic handgun or shotgun (for home defense) class, before you ever actually take one home. You seem to be lacking basic, fundamental knowledge/ information.

edit on 15-11-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)


I think I have a good general collection of gun knowledge. The gun laws, however, different story. I learned gun safety from my father when he and I went to shoot his guns.

I'll look into gun laws some more. Probrably important.



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX
 


yeah u can try deny it but i think its blatantly obvious that ur a mummy and daddy sort of person,beat me in grammar etc but come live a real life without a silver spoon shoved up ur ass and i,ll beat u hands down


So... with your logic, anyone who knows how to spell properly is a "mummy daddy sort of person?" Do you know what kind of person my father is?

I've lived lower middle class all my life. No, I'm not a starving kid in Africa, but I have experienced what it's like to be homeless, jumped, and even threatened with death.

The difference between me and you is, I don't let a screwed up past cripple me from bettering myself. You know... like learning how to spell.

You know nothing about me, you're spouting ignorant remarks to win a petty argument that has nothing to do with my original post. I'm belittling myself by replying to you.

So, whine however you like, I'm through replying to you. God bless.



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Let's try this again (closed the window on my first attempt at a reply)
Although I'm usually "gun ho" about weapons, in your case I advise NOT to purchase a gun UNTIL and UNLESS you get some training first. From your replies it's obvious to me that you need much more information to safely have a weapon in your environment.
You live with an apartment full of people.
Over penetration wasn't a familiar term.
Considering using a gun to intimidate exhibits a dangerous lack of knowledge of both safety and regulation.
Do you know you can be held liable if your gun is discharged?
Even if you're not there at the time, it is your weapon and you are responsible for its security.
How are you going to secure the weapon?
Are there any MINORS in your apartment, if so you'll have to keep the gun locked up (maybe even with a separate trigger lock).

I'm not dissing you or being critical, just trying to show the depth of what you must consider BEFORE bringing a weapon into your environment for your safety and the safety of everyone living with you - or just passing through. Spend a bit of your cash on a Concealed Handgun Class or other state certified course and try out a few handguns (most places with classes have rental guns too) - it won't take up too much of your time.

Having said that, soapbox talk over.
If you like the pistol grip shotgun idea, get a 20 gauge not a 12 ga. (too much kick for females - in a pistol grip).
If you've just gotta have a 12 gauge, get a regular stock with pistol grip - "Tactical" shotguns fit nicely here.
For something REALLY compact (but a bit out of your price range) the Taurus Judge is a 5, 6 or 7 shot .410 gauge REVOLVER that also chambers .45 Long Colt (not recommended in the apartment because of over penetration). A used 5-shot 3" Taurus Judge can be had for under $400, maybe as low as $300 - prices vary on age/condition, finish (Stainless, Blue or polymer) and barrel length (2-3-4-6 inch barrel options).

ganjoa



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
Let's try this again (closed the window on my first attempt at a reply)
Although I'm usually "gun ho" about weapons, in your case I advise NOT to purchase a gun UNTIL and UNLESS you get some training first. From your replies it's obvious to me that you need much more information to safely have a weapon in your environment.
You live with an apartment full of people.
Over penetration wasn't a familiar term.
Considering using a gun to intimidate exhibits a dangerous lack of knowledge of both safety and regulation.
Do you know you can be held liable if your gun is discharged?
Even if you're not there at the time, it is your weapon and you are responsible for its security.
How are you going to secure the weapon?
Are there any MINORS in your apartment, if so you'll have to keep the gun locked up (maybe even with a separate trigger lock).

I'm not dissing you or being critical, just trying to show the depth of what you must consider BEFORE bringing a weapon into your environment for your safety and the safety of everyone living with you - or just passing through. Spend a bit of your cash on a Concealed Handgun Class or other state certified course and try out a few handguns (most places with classes have rental guns too) - it won't take up too much of your time.

Having said that, soapbox talk over.
If you like the pistol grip shotgun idea, get a 20 gauge not a 12 ga. (too much kick for females - in a pistol grip).
If you've just gotta have a 12 gauge, get a regular stock with pistol grip - "Tactical" shotguns fit nicely here.
For something REALLY compact (but a bit out of your price range) the Taurus Judge is a 5, 6 or 7 shot .410 gauge REVOLVER that also chambers .45 Long Colt (not recommended in the apartment because of over penetration). A used 5-shot 3" Taurus Judge can be had for under $400, maybe as low as $300 - prices vary on age/condition, finish (Stainless, Blue or polymer) and barrel length (2-3-4-6 inch barrel options).

ganjoa


Just to clarify, I don't plan on using the thing until I educate myself a little bit more. I just want to get the purchasing out of the way... because we never have money, and money won't last long around my friends. There are a lot of key things I have ground into my head from when my father and I played around with guns a few years ago, but I'm no expert. I know that. I'm a simple pro-gun prepper, and a gun is one of the only things missing from my "Prepper Collection."

Also, thanks for your suggestions. I think I'm gonna go with a Mossberg Maverick 12 gauge. I watched a video on the mechanics of it, and how its more practical than a Remington in certain ways. And that thing is gorgeous


edit on 15-11-2012 by XxNightAngelusxX because: typo



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I've got the gun for you then.
The Taurus Judge
www.impactguns.com...

How about a revolver that shoots 410 shotgun rounds or .45 long colt bullets?
It's my go-to carry piece for my car and what I keep near my bed.

A very intimidating weapon requiring no marksmanship to be effective.



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I've got the gun for you then.
The Taurus Judge
www.impactguns.com...

How about a revolver that shoots 410 shotgun rounds or .45 long colt bullets?
It's my go-to carry piece for my car and what I keep near my bed.

A very intimidating weapon requiring no marksmanship to be effective.


That was actually my first choice of a gun


A shotgun handgun


You're awesome for suggesting the Judge. I won't have enough money to get that for a little while, but its definitely on my list.





top topics
 
2
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join