It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun ideas?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hey, ATS and BTS, yes, this is a personal problem thread.

I will be getting a little money soon (hopefully a couple hundred dollars) and amazingly, I don't have to spend the money on bills or food. Get this... I get to KEEP it!

So, I'm finally gonna buy my first firearm. Nothing fancy, but something that shoots and kills.

I really want either a shotgun (pump action preferably) or a revolver.

What's a cheap shotgun or revolver that isn't a piece of crap?

And where can you get them at an affordable price?

Just curious. If you have suggestions other than shotguns and revolvers, I'm open to em.

First firearm. What would you pick? And why?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
If your going to be doing mainly around the house type shooting then I would go for a hand gun.

If your thinking about shooting something a couple hundred yards away or so, I would recommend a long range deer rifle with a scope and a tripod.

For the truck I would get a sawed off 12 gauge shotgun.

and I guess one of those tiny pocket 22 pistols for your purse or man-bag, whatever have you.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Savage makes a nice security shotgun for the money ($220-$250). I would at least check it out.

edit on 11/15/2012 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Remington 870 with a short barrel and pistol grip the best home defense option. Don't go with a pistol for home defense. What kind of money are you looking to spend and what is your intended purpose.?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'd recommend a good ol' Mossberg 500 if you go the shotgun route. I don't have much experience with revolvers. You can get a standard type Mossberg from Walmart for just over 200.00 I believe and if you want to spend a little more you can get the short barreled versions that are more designed for home defense.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Can't go wrong with Mossberg 500 with a short barrel. Very versatile and upgradable. The 50521 configuration is inexpensive and comes with options.

Some people like the handgun for HD... I prefer the shotgun personally.

Oh, www.impactguns.com. is my gun shop of choice.

www.impactguns.com...

edit on 15-11-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

seriously someone comes on here and wants a gun recommened for shooting to kill and everyone is more than happy to give advice?something in the air over that side of the world is frying ur brains.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Never go with a handgun for home defense unless you're single and live in a house. Keep in mind, that bullet does not stop when it hits a wall.. and if someone is behind it, you just killed a loved one. Shotguns are ideal for home defense because you don't have overpenetration.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

I'm pretty sure he means in self defense

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I have the best gun for ya

SUPER SOAKER CPS 2500 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
the ultimate weapon of the futur

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

No, we just haven't yet been brainwashed into believing we don't have the right to defend ourselves.

Be safe.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

i,m so glad i don,t even have to worry about that,a gun in my town would be like finding the ark of the covenant

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

It's a good thing now. But when there is panic and disorder in society. You will wish you had one.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I like that Savage shotgun

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't really have specific intentions... but my friends and I sometimes come across less-than-friendly characters (one of my room mates brings guys over that none of us know because she's looking for a relationship), and sometimes they get a little too cozy or aggressive when they're in our house. Also, I want to be prepared for home invasion possibilities. We live in the city.

Revolvers don't jam, and I love em. Shotguns are amazing, strong weapons. I love em. Slug rounds

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

why?if it happens here then everyone all of a sudden is going to go out and find 1?no of course not so i,m quite happy to fight it out without the need to be armed

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Get a pre-owned Mossberg 500 or Mossberg Maverick 88 12 Gauge at your local gun store. You'll pay about $200 - $250 for it. You can also pick up a pre-owned Olympic Arms AR-15 for around $400. Immediately after you buy a gun make sure you get trained properly by a certified instructor and also read up on your state's gun laws.
edit on 15-11-2012 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

link   

Don't use slugs for home defense.. imo birdshot will do. They are fun for a day out shooting though.

link   
Just remember. Never pull a gun unless you have intention to kill.. they should never be used for intimidation, also remember what I said about overpenetration. Bird shot or trap loads are what you want for home defense.
edit on 15-11-2012 by ConspiraCity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiraCity

It's a good thing now. But when there is panic and disorder in society. You will wish you had one.

or 12

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31

seriously someone comes on here and wants a gun recommened for shooting to kill and everyone is more than happy to give advice?something in the air over that side of the world is frying ur brains.

Boo hoo. We have the right to bear arms in this country... for now.

I have a home literally FULL of people, living in the heart of the city. We have a bit of a crime problem. God help me for wanting to be prepared, and for wanting protection.

The cops aren't gonna stand by our door all hours of the day, waiting for problems to come up. Sometimes, YOU have to act, and YOU have to take responsibility for what's going on around you.

I know that whole concept is scary to you "pro gun control" people, but unlike you, I still believe I have rights.

Also, you're pretty brave to say "somethings frying ur brains" when I'm the one who's spelling things properly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join