It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans skip Benghazi hearing; complain about lack of information on Benghazi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I find it incredible that instead of attending the classified, behind closed door hearing by the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, he was posturing for the cameras of the MSM. Ranting and raving and going on and on about how they wanted to know who knew what and when. McCain is a joke and it is more than obvious that he cares less about finding out what really happened (which I would like to know, along with what that mission was all about) than making this a partisan political issue.

But although McCain had time to speak on the Senate floor and on television about the lack of information provided to Congress about the attack, he didn't attend the classified briefing for senators Wednesday given to the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, of which he is a member.

Committee ranking Republican Susan Collins (R-ME) called out McCain for skipping the briefing and said his call for a special committee to investigate the Benghazi attack was not necessary because the Homeland Security committee could handle it.

Linky

But that isn't all. When questioned by the media, McCain blows a gasket and basically says he doesn't answer to anyone regarding how he spends his time. It would seem to me that since he has so many questions, he should show up and ask a couple.

When CNN approached McCain in a Capitol hallway Thursday morning, the senator refused to comment about why he missed the briefing, which was conducted by top diplomatic, military and counter-terrorism officials. Instead, McCain got testy when pressed to say why he wasn't there.

"I have no comment about my schedule and I'm not going to comment on how I spend my time to the media," McCain said.

Link

He is such a tool. Out front and center, can't be bothered with doing his job.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I know this is not going to be a super popular thread here. Certainly though even the most rabid partisan can see how ridiculous it makes him look. LOL

While Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., was leading a press conference Wednesday to condemn the administration's lack of transparency regarding the attacks in Benghazi, Libya, it turns out he could have been attending a classified briefing on the subject.

link

What a maroon!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Benghazi, otherwise known as "tarbaby" was not an embassy or consulate according to government websites.
What it appears to have been is a quasi CIA/hired mercenaries for private oil companies, possible rendition secret prison, or possibly the ol updated Iran/contra affair style black op plot, with new parties in the former roles.
At least according to what I've read.

And you expect Congress is going to comment about this or ask questions?

From what I understand the Americans who were killed were former Seals gone to work as a mercenaries.
S#it happens.
We had no business in Libya in the first place.
Oil companies, perhaps thought so.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Republicans plural? Who else did you have in mind? McCain's office said they had made a mistake in his scheduling, it happens.

As far as complaining about a lack of information about Benghazi, most of the country is. The information hasn't been supplied and holding it back only fuels suspicion.

I don't think the issue is McCain missing one briefing, he's been serious about this from the start. While your article is interesting, it won't be more than a tiny distraction from the larger issue.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Yeah sure scheduling error
That's a good one. Bottom line there weren't any cameras in those closed door briefings. And your right 6 out of 8 republicans that are on both of those committees didn't show up. That hearing had been scheduled for quite some time. It is all theatre. One huge circus side show.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Dear GrantedBail,

Just a small point if I may, there aren't two committees, just one. It's called the United States Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental affairs.

Thanks to your suggestion, I went looking for stories about that hearing. I can't find anything that says only two Republicans were there. Could you help? And if six were absent, why the focus on McCain? I know he's been fearless in questioning Obama about Benghazi. Is it even possible that word has gone out to news agencies to attack McCain?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I misspoke it was only 3 out of 8 Senators. From the second link in my OP

According to a Democratic aide on the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, only three of the eight GOP members of the committee attended the two hour briefing that ran from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. ET. By contrast, seven of the nine Democratic members were there.

McCain's press conference took place at noon.

McCain has been the staunchest and loudest critic. He is the one that is demanding a "Watergate" type of committee to investigate Benghazi as he did so during his press conference. There will never be public hearings on this because this was a CIA operation. So this is grandstanding for public consumption.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I live in Arizona. McCain is much hated in his own state.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Now him and Graham have been making all this noise about Benghazi. "We need to get to the bottom of this!" And he doesn't show up to the classified briefing!?!?!
Come on now!

new topics

top topics

join