It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could everyone please sign their posts so I know who wrote them?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Ok I thought that

Originally posted by sputniksteve
For a while I thought this guy named Namaste was going around with hundreds of sock puppet accounts until I realized it meant something different.

would give it away, I was just poking fun. I have an internal dialogue in my head whenever I read a post that is signed at the bottom that the poster is saying in their own mind "Now there will be no confusion on who wrote this!"

Sputniksteve

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Peace

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I will sign mine,

"Trebeck",
"Oh I'll play your game you Rogue" .

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by minkmouse
I'm not going to sign my posts as I intend to always remain anonymous!

Is that so MinkMouse?

Really?

Peace

Seriously though, I know where the OP is coming from as I used to feel the same way just not that long ago especially on the long posts but then, I got a mouse with a scroll wheel and I've never looked back

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Actually in my case there is a method to the madness. I am called Heff in real life - not Hefficide. So signing "Heff" gets folks here using my customary name as well.

Though the whole Namaste thing still makes me ~tWiTcH~.

~Heff ( That's right. I signed it! )

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I will admit I started this thread with contempt. Up until this thread it would annoy me when I saw people signing their post with their name, equally as much as when people sign with Namaste or some variation. I don['t know why, and I know it is irrational and immature for me to feel that way over such a stupid thing. I assumed that it meant the poster was arrogant and wanted people to remember them or acknowledge that they are important on this board or some other vain reason. But in the process I realized I was an asshole and that it probably had nothing to do with that.

Then I remembered when I first started posting on online forums, I used to sign my posts too. Even better, I would start my posts with "Dear posters of such forum" or something stupid like that. I wrote posts just like I wrote a letter, and considered all the other slouches just putting 6 words on the screen as kind of rude and impersonal.

At that point I started laughing about it. I feel a lot better now to be honest. I think this new insight will make me a better poster in this community going forward.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I get confused why some people sign their posts with the name, and then have their name in the signature panel, it's like forum inception O.o

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Celebrate our differences.

Or become a drone!

P

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

wheres the trust?

You don't believe i am who i say i am?

The avatar with my chosen name above it isn't good enough?

Would it confuse you if i signed a different name then what is posted?

Better question.... are you really having trouble figureing out who wrote what?

edit on 15-11-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Never paid it much attention, but yeah I don't see the point of signing a post either.

ANOK

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Why would anyone EVER...sign their posts when it SAYS who we are on the left hand side????

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
If someone really feels the need to sign every post I can't understand why they don't put it in the signature line. I find it obnoxious. Not as bad as namaste or peace but still very obnoxious.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I signed mine just now.
But , ahem...Does anyone know of a safe solvent to remove sharpie ink from a laptop screen?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Mr Clean magic eraser can fix anything.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I know the OP is being sarcastic, but I cannot see people's names when I view ATS, because my computer is hooked up to my TV, so I have to zoom way in to read the text, which cuts off the left side of the screen. SO, when I saw people say "namatste" all the time, I SERIOUSLY thought that there WAS someone here named namaste who would sometimes argue with themselves, answer their own questions, or post totally contradictory things.

That is, until I realized it was just something put at the end of their posts.

Also, you guys remember how on craigslist when you didn't want to display your email it would say "Anon-938779392"

Well, me being the idiot that I am, for a long time I thought there was a guy named "Anon" who sold almost everything on craigslist, and it confused the hell out of me. Until I realized what was really going on.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
apologies... but my chop - signature stamp seal used to sign ones name to doesnt work on electronic media ... thus am unable to sign ....
edit on 17/11/12 by Expat888 because: drunken tengu .....

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Totally agree OP.
It is a very odd and pretentious thing to do indeed.

Anyway, I look forward to reading your response.

Yours faithfully

Stargate Travels.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

I'm not going to sign my posts as I intend to always remain anonymous!

Is that so MinkMouse?

Really?

Peace

Seriously though, I know where the OP is coming from as I used to feel the same way just not that long ago especially on the long posts but then, I got a mouse with a scroll wheel and I've never looked back

Isn't it so true I got a 7 key programmable mouse w/a tilting scroll function and it has opened up a how new world for me.

I am looking at an 18 key programmable scrolling mouse for Christmas.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I used to sign my posts and even got into a row with some guy (pre T&C) who took time out during a pretty intense thread to call me out on it (figuratively). At the time I had a laptop with a very small screen and all the avatars were "offscreen" as I scrolled down a thread. It got so automatic that I never even looked at avatars and just used to sign my posts so I could find them quickly in a thread. I generally don't care about who's posting anyway. I'm just interested in what is posted.

My own pet peeve is people who are not perfect. I wish they would do something about it. If they do, I will.
edit on 17-11-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
When I use any thing from some one else or other sores.
even if I dont add a name. I will use the "Quotes" from the top.
I thought you had to do this??

Could everyone please sign their posts so I know who wrote them?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join