It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist Church of the evolving Human God.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Atheist Church of the evolving Human God.

Atheist friends, should you elect a God and sacrifice to him or her?

By doing so, you would be acknowledging that mankind is the greatest force in the universe by symbolically taking the name of Human God and insuring that there is always a church that preaches the truth of what is known as a certainty of the supernatural God. That he probably does not exist and is a man-made mythical ideal perpetuated by the Noble Lie.

www.youtube.com...

If you believe what the research indicates in terms of hive behavior, then you might wonder as I do if it would not be in the best interest of the atheist movement to elect an atheist God and sacrifice to him or her?

This, if the research is true, would insure the longevity and cohesion of the atheist movement and give it power.

You may have some suggestion for the title that you would put on your leader and church. I do not except for my choice in the title above. Not being a full atheist, I would not have a vote on it; even as I support atheists and non-supernatural spirituality in people over supernatural religious notions and beliefs. I would also suggest a mantra for this church; that being, --- Faith without Facts is for Fools.

I believe in a strongly assertive type of atheism that preaches that truth is the highest principle. This preaching should be done with eloquence and good form and language; recognizing the trap of logical fallacies and the impossibility of atheists proving that there is no creator God; as well as the impossibility of believers to prove that there is a creator God.

Unfortunately I cannot call myself an atheist anymore because of having suffered an apotheosis. As an esoteric ecumenist and Gnostic Christian, you will know that I think that creating an atheist church should be the next evolutionary step for the atheist movement. I believe the research shown above to be true and fear that without a church, atheism will not be affective and perhaps die out without it.

Creating an atheist church would be the ideal for both religionists and atheists. It would insure that atheists are always here to correct the imaginary thinking of those who believe in a mythical supernatural God. This would be a benevolent and altruistic expression of atheist’s social conscience and desire to bring all people to sane thinking. This atheist church would recognize the human attribute shown in the following clip and gently try to help those adults whose thinking is hampered by it.

www.youtube.com...

Atheists seem to already want to do more for society towards this end as they seem to be over-represented in religious forums even as statistics say that the atheist in the U. S. and Canada are only at about 5% of the population. This is a sacrifice for atheists that already adds some cohesion and longevity to the organization and appeases the hive nature that we seem to have. But I do not think it is enough based on the research shown above.

Should atheist elect themselves a Pope or God or someone with some other title and do whatever sacrifice is demanded of them to keep the movement alive for the long run?

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I don't like the idea of calling it a church.

Can I just call it a cult? But, we should still sacrifice people to me.

....and have blood orgies.

....and I'll need all your money.

OK, let's get this party started.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This is nonsense.

As an atheist, personally, it was nothing taught, or learned from anyone.
It's my own belief.
Mine.

Other atheists are typically islands unto themselves too, with their own personally different and PERSONAL idealism regarding Atheism.

Some will flock together, but, most, including myself, find the idea of any kind of 'church' for Atheism utterly preposterous.

A church or religion is an organization where weak willed and weak minded people gather to derive comfort, community, support, self affirmation, recognition, and validation for their beliefs.

Who really needs any kind of validation?

I could care less what other people think about what I believe, especially other Atheists.

I came to atheism on my own. No one gave it to me, and I don't need to go hang out with other Atheists just to make sure that I don't suddenly lose my Atheism or something.

edit on 15-11-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
There is no "Athiest movement"
True non beleivers dont even use the word "Athiest", quite simply because they have zero interest, why bother forming a movement about something of which one has no interest

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

I don't think any such institutions are necessary. In fact, I think it would just end up as any other religion.

I think it would work out just fine if everybody went about their own business and let everyone else do the same. Any structured organization would just end up breeding corruption and zealotry, as can be evidenced by every major religion.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Well the tax breaks would be pretty sweet.

I could finally get that new VW Beetle and make my "Atheist-mobile" and write it off as an expense.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Something else to consider: There's about as many different kinds of Atheists as there are Atheists.

There's the crystal hugging meditating on mandalas types, the militant anti-theo types, the whatever man types, there's full-on kind of confused Solipsism types that don't believe in themselves but don't want to call it Nihilism, the kind that don't don't even call themselves Atheist such that they really could care less about labeling whatever it is they believe or don't believe because for certain there's people like the OP that will want to label them anyway ... and the list goes on.

There's all sorts of approaches and systems for just being and living life where there is zero requirement to have any sort of invisible man/being/thing in the sky to validate any of it.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
This is nonsense.

It's my own belief.
Mine.

Other atheists are typically islands unto themselves too, with their own personally different and PERSONAL idealism regarding Atheism.

Some will flock together, but, most, including myself, find the idea of any kind of 'church' for Atheism utterly preposterous.

A church or religion is an organization where weak willed and weak minded people gather to derive comfort, community, support, self affirmation, recognition, and validation for their beliefs.

I could care less what other people think about what I believe, especially other Atheists.

I came to atheism on my own. No one gave it to me, and I don't need to go hang out with other Atheists just to make sure that I don't suddenly lose my Atheism or something.

Thank you I could of not said better my self that is exactly the way it was for me I will not be like any other atheist nor will any be like me I will push my beliefs on anybody.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

This is nonsense.

It's my own belief.
Mine.

And like many atheists, you lack a social conscience and ignore whether those you care for, your children and grandchildren, will be lost to religion because you did not recognize the groupish or hivish nature that we all have be we atheist or not.

You may be an atheist but one without much of a moral sense.
Life is not just about you my friend.

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
True non beleivers dont even use the word "Athiest", quite simply because they have zero interest, why bother forming a movement about something of which one has no interest

Read the post just above please.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

I don't think any such institutions are necessary. In fact, I think it would just end up as any other religion.

I think it would work out just fine if everybody went about their own business and let everyone else do the same. Any structured organization would just end up breeding corruption and zealotry, as can be evidenced by every major religion.

I hope you are as young as your thinking seems to be here and at my other O P.

Religions are based on fantasy, miracles and magic.
Atheism, if it can be said is based on anything woulds be on knowledge, reason and science.

It is impossible for a science and knowledge or reason based organization to become dogmatic in other than procedure and those procedures are what has advanced science.

Like Gnostic Christianity, it would be based on knowledge and not fantasy, miracles and majic.

Think again from that point of view.

It would work like this says science works.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

edit on 15-11-2012 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Her post might have been less than cordial, and opinionated, but how does that equate to a lack of morality? Do you know Druscilla personally? Can you speak from personal observance that she lacks this "moral sense" you speak of?

It's a sincere question.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

There's all sorts of approaches and systems for just being and living life where there is zero requirement to have any sort of invisible man/being/thing in the sky to validate any of it.

The O P did not suggest anything of the woo variety. The opposite in fact.

www.churchoffreethought.org...

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddyweiser

Thank you I could of not said better my self that is exactly the way it was for me I will not be like any other atheist nor will any be like me I will push my beliefs on anybody.

What makes you think that what atheists put together as a group would be something that would push beliefs on others?

As an atheist, do you think your ilk would do so?

I do not see atheist groups on the side of the road or knocking on doors.

What I advise is not so much for you but for those you care for. Thing Groupish or hivish instinct that we all have and get your social conscience to kick in.
Others are counting on you and it is your civic duty and your parental duty.

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
look up the miracle of the sun.

if 2 independent and corroborating witnesses is enough to convict a person of a crime, what does 100,000 witnesses prove.

but atheists don't want to believe in God, Jesus Himself could open up the heavens and shoot lightning bolts and the atheists will say its a hologram and haarp.

neglecting the fact that no hologram technology exists that open up clouds and haarp can't produce lightning bolts from alaska.

it's just the way it rolls.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

Why? how does that post concern me?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

And like many atheists, you lack a social conscience and ignore whether those you care for, your children and grandchildren, will be lost to religion because you did not recognize the groupish or hivish nature that we all have be we atheist or not.

Life is not just about you my friend.

Regards
DL

Whoah, wait, what?
I have no moral sense?

Please, tell me how much and how often you do volunteer work and donate sizable sums to the poor, homeless, and those in need.
Come on.
When was the last time you volunteered at a soup kitchen?
Never?

Do you give your money to your church so your church leaders can do whatever it is that church leaders do, or, do you give it directly to the homeless and/or charities who's sole purpose is to assist those in need?

I give and participate annually with a number of charities for injured veterans, pediatric brain tumor foundation, homeless, battered women, and several others.

The funny thing is, I find MORE atheists lending a hand, participating, making donations, and helping to help make life easier for others that don't have it so easy, perhaps because we know, THIS LIFE is the ONLY life we'll have, and if I can help to make it easier, to lessen the misery of others, then, all the better, because there's nothing after this, so, make the best of what's here, now, instead of hoping on some fantasy rainbow candy land after X's for eyes.

Sure, there's religious sorts that do volunteer work, and make donations to causes, but, they're typically there because they're SUPPOSED to be.
There's nothing in it for me. No heaven. No recognition from church brothers and sisters for being 'godly' or anything in the church pecking order, or anything of the sort.

How much do you give, and help in your community, not because you're suppose to, but, because people really need help and you can do something about it?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Her post might have been less than cordial, and opinionated, but how does that equate to a lack of morality? Do you know Druscilla personally? Can you speak from personal observance that she lacks this "moral sense" you speak of?

It's a sincere question.

Here is what good morals look like.

Do you see any group loyalty or care for others of her kind in what she wrote?
I did not. I saw self-centeredness and I stand by the fact that that is not the best in morals or moral sense.

Atheism has been around for many many years and sits at a paltry 5% of the population in the U S apr. If it is to serve mankind and atheists to it's fullest and best capability, it must organize. If atheists do not, they slow mankind's progress just as badly as religions have. FMPOV.

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
look up the miracle of the sun.

if 2 independent and corroborating witnesses is enough to convict a person of a crime, what does 100,000 witnesses prove.

but atheists don't want to believe in God, Jesus Himself could open up the heavens and shoot lightning bolts and the atheists will say its a hologram and haarp.

neglecting the fact that no hologram technology exists that open up clouds and haarp can't produce lightning bolts from alaska.

it's just the way it rolls.

Hogwash.

If God showed his face and the Haig did not go after him for genocide and he did a miracle or two, that would instantly be the end of atheism.

It would not change the fact that if that God is as described in scriptures, he would still be the biggest prick in the universe. Atheism would point that out but they would believe.

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

Why? how does that post concern me?

It speaks to the moral reasons for starting a group.
I like what I said about a moral sense and thought you could use the read because you are wrong on the number of atheist who do not care.

Regards
DL

top topics

<<   2 >>

join