It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help with a paper on ending the political party system in the US.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I am currently writing a paper for my Senior Project. My paper is on how the party system has failed, and it needs to end. I was wondering if you guys had any resources I could use, or point me into the right direction. I cannot buy anything, I am broke; however, anything online would be great - or provided free. I will send you the final draft of the paper.

Also, if you guys could tell me how I could get a personal interview with Ron Paul - preferably through Email, not sure if I could contain myself with a voice call...i'd be filled with joy lol. Or anyone really, even Alex Jones, would be great. I just want to have something different, and higher profile within the paper.

All help is appreciated.

THanks.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wwe9112

I read this and all I hear is "Please somebody write my paper for me" As a student it would amaze me that you don't know how to use google. Anyhow, just for the heck of it here are the answers to your questions. Anyhow, good luck.

quick point in the right direction

Why the two party system is broken

Has the two party system failed?

Contact Ron Paul
forms.house.gov...

I would suggest going with somebody a bit more accessible though. Maybe find the local leader of the libertarian party in your area.

edit on 15-11-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
All of the information you need is here on ATS. Just search two party system into search box.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I am not asking for someone to write it for me at all. I have been researching, but haven't came across very much information as a whole for the system, but the different sides bashing one another. I read Venturas Rebloodlicans book - part of it - and in the beginning he talked about how they where tied to the gangs. I wanted to find that info online, but cannot find it. I am looking for stuff like that basically I am going as a history, then present, then possible outcomes of ending it. As I had said, I am not asking anyone to do it for me, but asking for resources that are good. There are tons of sites on the internet. Validated information that is unbiased is hard to come by. Just figured I would ask

Thanks for you help. I appreciate it.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wwe9112

Yea, I know you didn't ask anyone to write it for you, I was just saying that's how your post read to me. Either way it doesn't matter much to me, just wanted to let you know how it came across.

You say you are having trouble finding validated, unbiased sources of information? It occurs to me that on this topic, looking for an authoritative source just isn't possible. I mean where do you go to prove a hypothetical situation?

What I would suspect you will need to do is make your "source" the conclusions you draw from research. What research? I would personally look at the bills that have had almost universal support from both Repubs and Demos. Nothing should prove your point more than showing that the only time that they agree with each other publicly is when they are screwing over the american public. Patriot act, ndaa, stuff like that. Your sources in that case would be the actual bills that have been passed and signed into law.

Politics is biased, as a rule. If you are looking for an unbiased source, the only option is to go to the actual laws politicians have passed.

Just my thoughts, again, best of luck.

Another thought. Maybe look into how the two parties work together to keep third parties silent. Such as how the two parties are in control of presidential debates, make laws that make it hard to run as a third party candidate, file lawsuits to removed third party candidates from the ballot, things like that.
edit on 15-11-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Also you might want to look at the repubs and Dems VS all other parties.....If you think about it these two power brokering parties have set up a system designed to keep power in the (two party system)

certainly you can google a variety of phrases ... if you keep hitting the wall and can't get the reuslts you are looking for ...rephrase your search and think in the abstract about the subject

but, I won't provide the research for you

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Pretty easy to reference.

Just look how Stalin, Hitler, and Mao did it and why they were successful.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Jesse Ventura is an idiot to begin with. Second you will always have political parties, their ideas may change and the parties themselves may change. But in a Democratic system they will always exist. There isn't anything inherently wrong with the party system itself, but rather the lack of controls on how private money controls the process.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wwe9112

I think you can't talk about the end of political parties in our time without mentioning the effects the last time it happened after the war of 1812. The name "Era of good feelings" is what they called it.

The Era of Good Feelings marked a period in the political history of the United States that reflected a sense of national purpose and a desire for unity among Americans in the aftermath of the Napoleonic Wars. The era saw the collapse of the Federalist Party and an end to the bitter partisan disputes between it and the dominant Democratic-Republican party during the First Party System. President James Monroe endeavored to downplay partisan affiliation in making his nominations, with the ultimate goal of national unity and eliminating parties altogether from national politics. The period is so closely associated with Monroe's presidency (1817–1825) and his administrative goals that his name and the era are virtually synonymous.

The designation of the period by historians as one of “good feelings” is often conveyed with irony or skepticism, as the history of the era was one in which the political atmosphere was strained and divisive, especially among factions within the Monroe administration and the Republican Party.

Wiki

The so-called "good feelings" collapsed into bitter personal feuds with no party affiliations to hold them in line, it was every man for himself.

It wasn't long before a new opposition party rose and the Democratic Republicans split into the Democrat and Republican parties that we still have today.

new topics

top topics

join