It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The evolutionary path of Human consciousness

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

yes that is correct, 20 People might strap bombs to themselves and threaten the peace of those who think differently too? Fear then becomes another response and People change to survive.

I read some very interesting research results many years ago and briefly, I will share one of them:

12 People are picked out and sent to a room. 11 of them are told that it is Friday and not Thursday. One is not told. The questioner asks each person to state the day and recount what they did prior to getting to the room, the one that is not told is the last person to answer, by the time it is his turn to answer, he does not want to state anything different, thinks that he could be wrong so then tells everyone in the group, it is Friday.

He knows it is Thursday, but then he doubts himself when the others state a different day.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by smithjustinb

No, i am defining defining.
I am against nothing.
edit on 17-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Ok cause it sounded like u didn't like it

I defined 'define' - it was neutral.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Theres no doubt that an individuals will can give way to the peer group. If a person enters a elevator filled with people and stands facing them, then the people will turn around also. There is a force at work that tries to connect a groups conscious togther into an aligned pattern of behaviour.
edit on 17-11-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Thanks for bringing this up. I often contemplate the same questions.

I've read a beautiful article recently that is still nourishing my thoughts.

The author is Jaque Fresco, it appeared on www.hangthebanksters.com.

Fresco talks about the amazing works of Dr Clare W Graves who outlined steps of psychological development in human consciousness - on an individual level and for society has a whole. He talks about a major leap of consciousness happening now which brings us to the next levels: an integrative and neo-tribal way of looking into things. He also touches on McKenna and has inspired others to develop his theory into the "spiral dynamics" approach.

From the introduction:

In 1974, American professor of psychology Dr Clare W Graves wrote an article for The Futurist magazine titled Human Nature Prepares for a Momentous Leap. Graves described an impending change in human consciousness that would be, in his words:

‘…the most difficult, but at the same time the most exciting transition the human race has faced to date. It is not merely a transition to a new level of existence but the start of a new “movement” in the symphony of human history.’

His claim wasn’t just speculation though, it was based on seven years of field research plus almost 20 years of data analysis. Unfortunately he died before publishing his research findings and therefore his work remains largely unknown. Graves’ theory was used as the basis for the book Spiral Dynamics (Beck & Cowan, 1996) and most of his original research papers were eventually published as The Never Ending Quest (Cowan & Todorovic, 2005).

Dr Graves’ findings provide a credible map for what philosopher and psychedelic pioneer Terence McKenna called The Archaic Revival. According to Graves, humanity is indeed making a momentous leap in consciousness, which is characterised in part by the re-emergence of archaic themes. One of these themes is tribalism; not a regression to ancient tribalism, but the emergence of one global tribe.

This is the original article of Dr Graves in the Futurist back in 1974.

A new psychological theory holds that human beings exist at different ‘levels of existence.’ At any given level, an individual exhibits the behavior and values characteristic of people at that level; a person who is centralized at a lower level cannot even understand people who are at a higher level. In the following article, psychologist Clare Graves outlines his theory and what it suggests regarding man's future. Through history, says Graves, most people have been confined to the lower levels of existence where they were motivated by needs shared with other animals. Now, Western man appears ready to move up to a higher level of existence, a distinctly human level. When this happens there will likely be a dramatic transformation of human institutions.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by consolution

This is exciting, but in reading the original article of Dr Graves in the Futurist back in 1974, it sounds like a different way of saying the ideas contained in the Qabbālâ and Gurdjeff's work. Not saying that is a bad thing.

A new direction in our collective consciousness is an idea many of my friends have been saying, some have said this is the real end of the world as we know it.
edit on 17-11-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

It's 1.7 million people condensed into 365 kilometers in an area of land historically plagued by war with a populate growth 7th highest in the world w/ a population density, if they were a nation, #1.

I'm referring to the Gaza Strip. Too many people in an area that's too small. You add to this mix the history of the region and the funding that comes from anti-israel regimes and... BOOM.

75% are under the age of 25. The economy in the Gaza Strip has been crippled by the blockades. Even in best of times it's labor and agricultural-based. They're not a rich people.

The UN needs to get involved and move the population to a larger area. This won't solve all problems, but it'll do a good amount to reduce the feelings of oppression in that population.

The Gaza Strip is an area that in the past thousand years has been taken (sometimes more than once) by the Ottomon Empire (Turkish), European Crusaders, Mongol Empire, Ayyubid Dynasty, Egypt and Britain. Various tribal conflicts as well between the muslims. It never did well for very long because of this conflict. When Britain took over in 1917, it started the chain of events we witness today; the formation of Israel; the densely populated Gaza Strip.

What we witness today is nothing new. Just more conflict; that's not new.
edit on 17-11-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Johnny, what the hell does that have to do with the evolutionary path of Human consciousness?

evolution/transition from war to peace due to intervention?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

War to peace. The only connection i can see is turmoil on the psychic ethernet to the subconciousness and the bandwidth of conflict being subdued by a deep sleep. Well im off to bed for a sleep to reset my conciouness.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
dprogram.net...-119605

What is the Self?

November 19th, 2012

(ScienceandNonDuality) – Mystics in all ages and cultures describe the self as infinite, stable and ever-present phenomena. Modern physics describe the world as a self-moving, self-designing pattern, an undivided wholeness, a dance. We, as a society, relate to the self mostly as an individual, unique, time bound form. Our common sense, as individuals and society, hasn’t caught up with this picture and it still based on long-held biases and stories.

see the video that goes along with the article

just adding my little bit of input to unsolvable discussion...

thanks

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join