It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Stalking Cat' Daniel Avner found dead in 'suicide' after years of transforming

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

If only there had been some sort of warning sign. Some sort of desperate plea for attention from him that would have let the outside world know about his inner turmoil.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hope they can find a shoe box large enough

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I have met the Enigma before with his band in Tampa. Interesting guy. Ive known people like this most of my life. Personally I had never seen any problem with people doing what they want to their bodies and think that society places a lot of emphasis on image(mask).

I have a friend who used to manage a Tattoo shop. He had his heart set on becoming a tattoo artist and worked and saved money to afford an apprenticeship with a well known tattoo artist in the area. The artist told him he had to be initiated. This implied an unusual tat in an unusual area. My friend chose ram horns on his head for determination and the symmetry he said. The artist a few months into his apprenticeship relapsed on drugs and skipped town leaving my friend high and dry on the apprenticeship/and a job.

My friend was disillusioned by this and gave up on his dream. His personality changed. He is very shy now a complete turn around from before and nervous/ depressed I worry about him sometimes he started losing his hair and couldn't cover the massive horns on his head even though he removed all his piercings and hid his other tats. He has problems finding a job. He is afraid to go to church. I worry he will end up like this guy one day, a suicide.

The problem to me is not whether someone wants to do this to themselves its a matter of people being young and not understanding life. The cat man was probably a dreamer but couldn't cope with the treatment he received from society. Hopefully he will be a reminder to others that life is hard and cruel and while you are free to pursue life any way you want there are consequences.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Suicide is a terrible thing. He obviously had some identity/insecurity/psychological issues that definitely needed to be addressed. I am interested to know what kind of childhood he had. He was probably ridiculed his whole life. I hope he is now at peace…

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Like I said in a previous post, I would like to know more about his childhood. I think many people seek attention in a great many ways. As a child, he probably didn’t get the attention he so much needed, and later on in life, found other ways in obtain it.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Oh my what a CATastophe!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The question nobody has asked yet is -

How does he manage to eat with his upper lips split like that?

Probably easier to soup up the milk though, right?

RIP brah - a truly, uniquely twisted soul that made this bleak world just a little bit more colorful.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

What kind of Native Chief tells a member of his own people to follow the ways of an animal that is on the other side of the world,.. in ASIA! It couldn't be a mountain lion, he had to follow the tiger...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NJoyZ

What kind of Native Chief tells a member of his own people to follow the ways of an animal that is on the other side of the world,.. in ASIA! It couldn't be a mountain lion, he had to follow the tiger...

The way of the ''animal'' is more like a hollywood chick getting a boobjob and a facial, atleast she can be a ''maneater'' when the job is done. The only thing this guy ate was a hole through his wallet.

Messages from the Native Chief are open to interpretation, you see an ''animal'' I see a ''Hipster,'' his vintage shirts from Urban Outfitter didn't arrive in time, leaving him ostracized by the group.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

You are comparing a Presidential Candidate to a guy wanting to be a cat? Geez, what a bizarre comparison.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
He made himself into a cat. Are they going to bury him in the back yard?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

.... and who are you to decide that?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous

I thought "wow, this guy must really like cats!". It wasn't till several years later that I learned that he had an Indian heritage and had been told (supposedly) after a discussion with a Native chief who told him he needed to 'follow the ways of the tiger.'

Dennis, a native American, part Huron, part Lakota had spent more than $200.000 on plastic surgery to make himself look as a tiger.

www .dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 11/15/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

Johnny, the most hilarious part about this story is.. he was told by a "chief" about following the way of the "tiger". Siince there are no tigers indigenous to North America.. I think he got one of those special white folks' totem animal ceremonies. Or maybe the "chief" told him sabre tooth tiger, and he is actually following its way of becoming extinct.
At least Jaguar Man got the correct animal for the correct indigenous animals of said continent.

Im NDN and resent that BS.... totem animals and BS. Give me a break! Both of my parents are rez born... no special animals given to them or any of us. Maybe the chief called him a "derogatory name for wimps that is a slang name for cats" and he ran with it.

edit on 16-11-2012 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2012 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Dude probably thought he had nine lives. Too bad his plan didn't work out the way he wanted too.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
While trying to find more information on Mr. Avner (CatMan or "Stalking Cat"), I may have come across an early photograph of when he was first starting out his modifications.

This 'appears' to be him right after having his ears modified..

Photo source

The New York Daily News reported that Avner served in the U.S. Navy as a sonar technician before he began his quest to make his own likeness as close as possible to that of a female tiger.

Stalking Cat had all of his teeth replaced with dentures that resembled tiger fangs, attached whiskers to the 18 piercings above his lip, had the tips of his ears pointed, had nose and forehead implants, got injections throughout his face and received tattoos that ended up covering his body almost entirely.

This is an interview with the CatMan back in 2005 which was interestingly enough entitled; "Catman's transformation raises concerns over extreme surgery"

I'm still digging hoping to find perhaps more modification photos,, apparently the majority of his "Mods" were by Steve Haworth

edit on 11/16/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

At the risk of sounding insensitive he is by far the ugliest dude I have ever seen. I am all for personal expression and people doing what makes them happy, but dang bruh.
reply to post by sputniksteve

I don't know, these two guys are just as bad. I have to agree though, why would you want to transform your face unless deep down you didn't like the way you look.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
That's very sad to see.

I actually met him once and we chatted about his appearance amongst other things.

He wore the metal bits in public most generally as children tended to pull on the whisker attachments that also fit into the same piercing slots. He was honestly just a generally approachable and interesting guy to talk to really sucks to see he was going through so much and decided to end it this way, if that is indeed the case.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Maldavius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
3 people that I know have committed suicide in the last month...my hometown is the suicide capitol of the world !

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Good heavens, how sad.

Coming from you with your avatar, that's pretty amauzing! JK!

edit on 16-11-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
I don't know, these two guys are just as bad. I have to agree though, why would you want to transform your face unless deep down you didn't like the way you look.

It's not much of an improvement.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join